THE BROWNS BOARD

College Football Pick 'Em--Week 13

dencyguy

Well, it's almost all over but the shouting. In the last week of the regular season, teams looked to position themselves for bowl games, spots in conference championships, or maybe just next season. One fat man got carried off the field after winning a national title, two conference championships, and a slew of bowl games--but also after committing the sin of having two losing seasons in seventeen years--while another lived to see another day despite having zero bowl wins, one win against a winning opponent, and yet another blowout loss to USC--and a worse winning percentage than his predecessor. Go screw yourself, Notre Dame, and don't even try to pass off not firing Weis as a demonstration of your school's commitment to honoring contracts. That ship sailed four years ago. A third fat man praised--with a straight face--his team for giving such a "gutsy" performance. Mangino knows that of which he speaks. And in the contest, Timugen looked to cement his place at the top of the leaderboard.

Here's what happened this week:

Big Winner of the Week: Timugen cemented his place at the top of the leaderboard with 9 points. So much for a dramatic finish.

Shameful Dogs of the Week: At least I have an excuse--the sad final days of Phil Fulmer's tenure clouded my judgment. But what excuse do Mark O, Ischy, and The Hammer have? We all tied with four points.

This week's leaderboard:

Timugen--9

WVBrownsfan--8

Calfox and Dad--8

I Hate Pittsburgh--7

Earthed Ice--7

Thaak--7

Hag II--7

Furnier--6

Beanpot--6

Ballpeen--6

Ballantyne3 Buckeyes--6

Mr. Freeze--5

Mark O--4

Ischy--4

Dency's Winners--4

The Hammer--4

Atenears--0

Juki's Instant Losers II--0

Louisville Slugger--0

Cee Brown Booda--0

And season-to-date:

1 Timugen 145

2 Calfox and Dad 139

3 ballpeen 135

4 I Hate Pittsburgh 129

5 HAGII 127

6 Ballantyne3 Buckeyes 126

7 WVBrownsfan 122

7 Thaak 122

9 Dency's Winners 121

10 Furnier 119

10 Beanpot 119

12 Mr. Freeze 117

12 Ischy 117

14 THE HAMMER 109

15 Mark O 108

16 Earthed Ice 104

17 Juki's Instant Losers II 100

18 ATENEARS 98

19 Louisville_Slugger 69

20 Cee Brown Booda 47

It should be noted that there are only seven games scheduled this week. So, for those of you keeping score at home, the only way Timugen loses this thing is to miss every single game, while Calfox hits every single game. I'm just saying.

Dennis

It should be noted that there are only seven games scheduled this week. So, for those of you keeping score at home, the only way Timugen loses this thing is to miss every single game, while Calfox hits every single game. I'm just saying.

Dennis

Maybe I should make it interesting and just not pick any games this week and see if Cal can get 'em all.

Sounds like a plan.

Archived