THE BROWNS BOARD

Who our REAL number 1 corner is! Face it, B-Mac is better

PlaygroundLegend

There is a problem here on this board and with Browns fans in general. Everyone seems to give Eric Wright all the love while dropping a shit on B-Mac. Ive watched every game this season and B-mac has done consistently well, and better than everyones favorite on the other side. He consistently makes tackles In the backfield and plays very physical with the receivers. He is a corner who plays man and does it well.

op57-8953.jpg

Eric Wright however seems to give every receiver a ten yard cushion (and if you don't beleive me, watch a game or two again) , and gives up those first downs that let the opposing defense get into the red zone.

Now B-mac isnt perfect, he was toasted in the Broncos game (which in my opinion was the fault of Sean Jones) and I will admit that he doesent match up well in the red zone (nor does Eric Wright, they are both 5'10 and red zone scores usually are scored on us by outs or jump balls in the endzone where their height is a huge disadvantage). But I believe he is hated because he has given up a few big plays this year, but thats what happens when you play aggressive. But whats worse, giving up a few big plays or giving up a shit ton of little 12 yard catches? B-mac half the time wouldnt even be in the position to fail if Wright doesent give up 4 first downs or if the safetys are getting fooled by the playaction)

Want statistics, here is some for you:

Eric Wright

Tackles: 58

Forced Fumbles: 1

Sacks: 0

Interceptions 3

Passes Defended: 13

Times he fumbled: 1

Touchdowns: 0

Now, lets take a look at my buddy B-mac

Tackles: 64

Forced Fumbles: 1

Sacks: 1

Passes Defended: 16

Times he Fumbled: 0

Touchdowns: 1

These are from NFL.com, dont forget, B-mac also didnt start one game so he is already at a disadvantage and he is still kicking Wrights ass in every category.

I also want to mention that he has had MANY near picks this year that have been extremely close, and he has also taken down runningbacks in the backfield. I wish they had a stat for passes allowed for first downs so you could see how Wright plays like a puss, and just doesent want to give up the big play so he plays back.

I love Bmac, kid's got game.

Look, he plays aggressive, I pointed that out at the start of the season saying he was going to get burned a few more times because of it but he's make more plays as well.

As far as Denver goes, their receivers are almost a foot taller than Bmac so all Cutler had to do was toss a floater and let his guy come down over him.

Add 5" to Bmac and he'd be perfect in my book. But I'd rather take the shorter more aggressive guy over the taller cushion guy any day of the week.

There is one thing you are forgetting...B-Mac is being targeted WAY MORE than E.Wright. So even though his numbers are slightly higher than Wrights...it is on a LOT more passes in his direction.

I do have to say...I like B-Mac and am not a guy who thinks we need to look CB for next year.

You hit the nail on the head, the pass rush is killing this team! Our two young corners are going to be just fine. Consider this, if we had the pass rush the steelers, ravens or cowboys had we might be talking about B-mac or Wright going to the pro bowl because their INTS would literally double.

Donovan and every other QB that has played the Browns has had all day to, pick his butt, file his nails and brush his hair back there in the pocket. With all the time these QB's have Bmac and Wright are still coming up with plays. that says alot.

Here's a stat for ya, the Cleveland Browns are tied for first in the NFL with the Ravens in INTs at 22. With a pass rush like the Ravens that number would be significantly higher.

The problem isn't the personnel its the philosophy, we need to switch to the one gap 3-4 system next season and add Rey Maualuga in the draft. If we do it right watch this d become a top ten defense!

Also Bmac does NOT have a TD Wright does so your statistic there is wrong and Bmac has 5 INTS while Wright has 3. Both of these guys are about the same in total package. Wright played better earlier this season, bmac is playing better now.

Wright and McDonald both have a lot of potential. They are both young and still learning. They should be a fine duo for years to come. One big problem has been the lack of pass rush, slow LBs that can't make the drops to take the underneath passes away and a very poor year by a injured Sean Jones. Jones and Pool have left McDonald and Wright hung out to dry this year when they have been consistently caught looking into the backfield.

The Browns don't play a lot of man to man, which should be the strength of these two young corners. They play a two deep zone with no pass rush so QBs have all day for receivers to find a seem and sit down in it.

McDonald and Wright will both be fine when we get a better coaching staff, who can ugrade the pass rush.

I thought bmac would be a break out cb this year but i also thought he would get proper support and that tucker would fare better than grantham and that we would be able to effectively blitz...its hard to judge wright or bmac both those guys have been sent skydiving over an island without a parachute or a prayer...

This is the quality of decisions that RAC has made to ruin this team. Who would have thought that Tucker would look like crap compared to Grantham.

Can't blame that one on Savage. That was all RAC begging for control and laying all the blame on Grantham trying to show him up.

On NFL.com, the stats this season say that Wright does not have a TD this season, they also say that B-mac only has 1 sack, when I was certain that hes had 2 or 3. The stats could be wrong.

Oh and B-mac scored a touchdown this past week against philly, he does have a TD.

Regardless if the stats are off by 1 or 2 here or there that doesn't make up for the fact that B-mac has played aggressive this year and has made plays. If the pass rush was there the stats of both corners would be even better. Someone up there said that B-mac has had more balls come his way, that may or may not be true, but if it is then I say he's handled it just as well as Wright if not better. Also, I believe B-mac is still in some way learning the position, a few years back he was playing wide reciever.

Note: I think this D cordinator sucks and that our previous one was much much better, we need Wright and B-mac playing man, we need wimbley and an ILB blitzing on every play, and we need to switch to the one gap.

img.79188_t.jpg

Both Grantham and Tucker suck... but I loved Grantham's enthusiasm.. You can tell he was very passionate and cared. Either way, this will be the last of Mel Tucker too.. countdown is two weeks and counting...

I really like both Wright and McDonald.. If we had a pass rush, these guys could be top rated DB's. Besides a few moments, I thought they did a pretty good job. Especially since QB's had all day to throw the ball.. It is not easy to cover guys for VERY long periods of time. We ran the worst 3-4, screw even just the 3-4, the worst defense ever.. So SOFT!! If you noticed during the games.. when we DID get pressure, GOOD things happened. Wright and McDonald should both be on the roster next year as starters. Holly will help improve our backfield as well. He was very underrated in my opinion last year.

I like both guys. However, I think that Wright is a little better athlete and is usually in better position while defending. I am in no way knocking B-Mac. I think he was a steal in the 5th round, but I think Wright has a higher ceiling. Either way I'm glad they're both on our team. If we get a better pass rush and a little stouter up front we could have a really good defense.

Archived