THE BROWNS BOARD

Nasty Break

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

I hope no one else is watching this bowl game on ESPN. DeAndre Brown, Southern Miss's phenom 6'6" freshman receiver, suffered one of the ugliest injuries I've ever seen - what appeared to be a severely broken leg.

It's rough to see that happen to a young guy with such a bright future. Hopefully, the injury isn't career-ending (though I must say that it looked like one...).

Anyway, I recommend checking out the rest of the game. Troy's junior DE Brandon Lang could be a top-flight 3-4 OLB prospect, either this year or next. He's #91 and lines up at LE (opposite the right tackle).

He hasn't done much as a pass rusher in this game, but he's shown great athleticism dropping back into coverage.

agreed that the break was rough. the kid's a tremendous physical specimen, though, and young, so he should bounce back. definitely someone to watch in the future.

and you're right about lang being a natural in coverage. he's dropped from a three-point stance, bumped a TE and then covered him down the field. kid's great in coverage.

Guest Aloysius

Yeah, I hope he's able to recover. FWIW, the announcers reported that it was "a lower leg fracture."

Lang does look good, but I'd like to see him do more as a rusher. Southern Miss's QB is getting rid of the ball fairly quickly, though.

it was a garbage sack, though. the QB stepped up to avoid pressure and ran into lang, who was on the turf after being flattened when he tried a spin move, a move that he'd tried before and looked quite ineffective doing.

he looked good in coverage but terrible rushing the passer. he picked a bad time to get handled all game.

Archived