THE BROWNS BOARD

Potential Fa Wr/te's

BrownsBacker

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/wr.html

Vincent Jackson (SD) – The Chargers still have a lot of progress to be made in retaining their own players. Philip Rivers found great success even without his big name receivers earlier in the year, which seems to make Vincent Jackson more expendable. Coach Norv Turner has paid complements to his star receiver, saying he’s a better player this year than he was last, which sends a message to the front office that they shouldn’t hesitate to bring him back in 2011 and onward.

Sidney Rice (MIN) – Coming back from a pretty serious hip injury, Rice continued to impress with his athletic ability and added to his highlight reel. His per game numbers didn’t mimic his dominant 2009 season, but that’s expected with lesser quarterback and offensive line play. Rice figures to play a large role in the organization’s future, making his re-signing every bit the priority of finding a playoff-caliber quarterback.

Santonio Holmes (NYJ) – Aside from the “character concerns,” the Steelers were quick to send Holmes packing to the highest bidder because of the expected cost in retaining Holmes this offseason. Now that decision will fall squarely on the shoulder of the Jets. Holmes is the best receiver in a very talented corps. He’s a good route runner and is known to come up big late in games. If the Jets have to choose only one of their two big name receivers, you’d have to think it would Holmes, who has the most targets and receptions on the team since week 5.

Braylon Edwards (NYJ) – Edwards has been the big play threat on an offense that is most explosive when the running game opens up the playaction to him down the field. Of the Jets’ star free agents this offseason, Edwards is the most likely to be let go though.

Malcom Floyd (SD) – Floyd was given the highest tender last offseason and proved worthy of the contract in the games he played. After Philip Rivers’ performance in the absence of both Floyd and Jackson, the Chargers may decide to only keep one of the two and trade the other to make improvements elsewhere (maybe a new special teams coach). Floyd is a tall, athletic downfield threat with the body control to become a number one receiver in the league.

Steve Smith (NYG) – Smith was the perfect slot receiver for the Giants’ terrific threesome and was on his way to his second consecutive 1000-yard season before an injury derailed him in the middle of the year and leaves the start of his 2011 season in jeopardy. The Giants will know his situation best and are therefore the frontrunners for Steve Smith.

Terrell Owens (CIN) – It looks like the mouth on this man is directly correlated with his performance. The minute he starts putting up some decent numbers, he begins sharing his nonsense again. Production for the 37 year old TO surprised many this season, but by late season, he began blaming the coaching staff for its’ offensive struggles which many have reported will keep the Bengals from bringing him back. If he can find a new home next year, it would be his 6th different team in 9 seasons. He’s burned plenty of bridges and already had plenty of difficulty finding a team last offseason and no team has proven to be more kind to players looking for another chance than the Bengals. Given the talented receiver free agent class, I have a feeling this could have been the last season from TO in the NFL.

Randy Moss (TEN) – No one predicted this 2010 season for Moss. Just as loudly as he entered the league over a decade ago, he seems to be going away just as quietly. The Titans placed the only waiver claim on Moss who was released after a catering incident in Minnesota. Like TO, has he burned too many bridges too? If there’s any team that can light a fuse in Moss, it’s his old Patriots, but do they want the headache? Brady certainly doesn’t seem to need the help anyway.

Mike Williams (SEA) – Is there anyone out there—Lions fans excluded—that didn’t love to see Mike Williams playing some good football for his old college coach? Let’s keep it simple, he’s staying in Seattle.

James Jones (GB) – Will the Packers be willing to pay Jones like a starting receiver? If not, he may be one of the first ones out of Green Bay if he becomes an unrestricted free agent. He’s as talented as any number of starting wideouts and has shown flashes that he could be just that. He has a knack of dropping passes here and there, but aside from that, James Jones is a complete receiver who can run the entire tree.

Steve Breaston (ARI) – The Cardinals know the health of Breaston’s knee better than any other teams. If it checks out clean, they also know his abilities better than anyone else. He’s a breakout star in the making and would form a formidable duo with Larry Fitzgerald if the team could get their quarterback situation untangled.

Other Notable Free Agents:

Early Doucet (ARZ)

Brian Finneran (ATL)

Donte' Stallworth (BAL)

TJ Houshmandzadeh (BAL)

Rashied Davis (CHI)

Devin Aromashadu (CHI)

Chansi Stuckey (CLE)

Sam Hurd (DAL)

Jacoby Jones (HOU)

Mike Sims-Walker (JAC)

Kevin Curtis (MIA)

Hank Baskett (MIN)

Greg Lewis (MIN)

Lance Moore (NO)

Courtney Roby (NO)

Derek Hagan (NYG)

Darius Reynaud (NYG)

Brad Smith (NYJ)

Johnnie Lee Higgins (OAK)

Legedu Naanee (SD)

Ben Obomanu (SEA)

Laurent Robinson (STL)

Danny Amendola (STL)

Mark Clayton (STL)

Maurice Stovall (TB)

Santana Moss (WAS)

Tight Ends

Zach Miller (OAK) – Miller is without a doubt the Raiders top offensive target. He’s a reliable target who has produced at a high level without a legitimate starting quarterback. Unlike many of the hybrid tight ends around the league, Miller is also a good blocker with a very bright future ahead of himself.

Marcedes Lewis (JAC) – The 6’6, 275-pound Lewis had a breakout season as a reliable red zone target. His size creates mismatches down the seam and opens up room underneath. He isn’t an elite tight end, but is the most consistent receiver on the Jaguars. Given the struggles the Jaguars have had in finding dependable offensive weapons since the Jimmy Smith/Keenan McCardell days, they’ll look to re-sign Lewis. Like Miller, Lewis is also a well-rounded tight end.

Owen Daniels, HOU – Daniels was on a sizzling pace in 2009 before injury cut short a spectacular season. Over the last quarter of 2010, he showed some of the same promise that he could soon be an elite pass-catching TE once again. Still, the injury last year cost Daniels a lot of coin.

Kevin Boss, NYG – Boss is a well-rounded tight end in line with the Giants emphasis on the running game. Though opportunities have been somewhat limited by the success of the Giants receiving corps, Boss has been reliable and effective when thrown to. He’s the perfect tight end for the Giants offense and an integral cog in both the rushing and passing attack.

Other Notable Free Agents:

Ben Patrick (ARZ)

Dante Rosario (CAR)

Jeff King (CAR)

Desmond Clark (CHI)

Reggie Kelly (CIN)

Alex Smith (CLE)

Leonard Pope (KC)

Joey Haynos (MIA)

David Thomas (NO)

Matt Spaeth (PIT)

Kris Wilson (SD)

Randy McMichael (SD)

Daniel Fells (STL)

John Gilmore (TB)

Bo Scaife (TEN)

As much as some of you would probably hate it, I would like to see Holmes put on the orange and brown this season. He's a great receiver in my opinion and personally I couldn't care less about his "character concerns" (smoking a blunt in Pittsburgh).

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/wr.html

As much as some of you would probably hate it, I would like to see Holmes put on the orange and brown this season. He's a great receiver in my opinion and personally I couldn't care less about his "character concerns" (smoking a blunt in Pittsburgh).

I like him too, but you just have to wonder if he is going to want to play for anyone in the AFC N unless they are the Ravens (who deffinatly won't be picking him up. I see him wanted to play in a place that gives him a chance to go to the playoffs and compete for a superbowl and the Browns and Bengals at the moment can not offer that to him. I see him staying in NY. Who ever we go after though they have to be tendered. We can't afford to give away draft picks in order to sign FA's.

It's not though because they both have red flags that could litterally put them out all next season. If Holmes tests positive for pot again he has a 1 year suspension and Rice's injury is the sort that puts you out the whole season. I don't think anyone would be able to justify spending a first round pick on them.

they need west coast players. a pass catching TE and a big WR

ben watson is decent but hes not the TE to lead the team. the problem is that he had so many receptions last year, not because he was so good, but because the bigger issue may be not having any talent at the WR position

again the browns waited to draft a WR until later in the draft. without a legit #1 guy they are in a lot of trouble. its clearly the biggest weakness on the entire team. it has been for years now

again the browns waited to draft a WR until later in the draft. without a legit #1 guy they are in a lot of trouble. its clearly the biggest weakness on the entire team. it has been for years now CL

Ah, baloney.

The Browns drafted possibly the second-best WR in the draft. Sure, Julio is faster. But can he stay healthy? Drafting a WR in the second, instead of drafting Braylon Edwards,

would have been a GOOD move. Watching a little bit of Green and Little on that video, it's ridiculous to say the Browns should have picked a wr in the first round. Really.

As far as the biggest weakness? Right tackle, and coaches' systems, and maybe? defense come to mind, before wr.

I think Little is going to be the #1, and that's a "steal" to get him later.

Why would we spend money on a pass catching TE when we have too pure pass catching TE's on the roster!? Moore and Jordan are not known for their blocking. On top of that Surmer has said that he likes dual TE's like Watson who can catch and block. We already made one big TE purchase last year in FA there is no need for another. Also ya it would be a good idea to go after another WR, but it's not such a need that we need to sell the farm to go get one. We do need big guys at WR who are goo with YAC, but we just got one in the 2nd round, and it is what both Cribbs and Robiskie are known for (Cribbs with YAC and Robiskie for his size). If anything we need a speedier WR that is very good at route running, which brings to mind Rice and Holmes, neither of which would want to come to Cleveland. I seriously don't see the need to spend picks and millions of dollars on FA when we litterally have 10 WR's on the roster right now.

again the browns waited to draft a WR until later in the draft. without a legit #1 guy they are in a lot of trouble. its clearly the biggest weakness on the entire team. it has been for years now CL

Ah, baloney.

The Browns drafted possibly the second-best WR in the draft. Sure, Julio is faster. But can he stay healthy? Drafting a WR in the second, instead of drafting Braylon Edwards,

would have been a GOOD move. Watching a little bit of Green and Little on that video, it's ridiculous to say the Browns should have picked a wr in the first round. Really.

As far as the biggest weakness? Right tackle, and coaches' systems, and maybe? defense come to mind, before wr.

I think Little is going to be the #1, and that's a "steal" to get him later.

its optimistic to expect him to be that good

i love the enthusiasm but dude was not even close to the 2nd best WR in the draft......you're dreaming

browns biggest need was WR especially since their head coach is trying to start a west coast offense in cleveland. to wait that long to get a true number one is almost stupid

i will agree that little has some talent but im not going to say that he is a true #1.....he may be in cleveland, but that talent already there is nothing to be proud of so assuming he is #1 isnt really going to impress people

Why would we spend money on a pass catching TE when we have too pure pass catching TE's on the roster!? Moore and Jordan are not known for their blocking. On top of that Surmer has said that he likes dual TE's like Watson who can catch and block. We already made one big TE purchase last year in FA there is no need for another. Also ya it would be a good idea to go after another WR, but it's not such a need that we need to sell the farm to go get one. We do need big guys at WR who are goo with YAC, but we just got one in the 2nd round, and it is what both Cribbs and Robiskie are known for (Cribbs with YAC and Robiskie for his size). If anything we need a speedier WR that is very good at route running, which brings to mind Rice and Holmes, neither of which would want to come to Cleveland. I seriously don't see the need to spend picks and millions of dollars on FA when we litterally have 10 WR's on the roster right now.

YAC is very important

catchin the ball is even more important

the browns need to invest some money in guys that can catch first before they invest money in guys that cant catch but can run fast

MoMass was the most targeted receiver on the Browns last year and was #85 most targeted in the league. That means almost every other team had 3 WR's targeted more ofter than our #1 receiver. Thats a result of the offensive scheme not the player, how can you catch a hundred balls if your only targeted 70 times? Lets see how these guys do after they get double to triple the targets they had last year and judge them after that. To me Robo, MoMass, Mitchell and now Little, alot of teams would love to have that. We just have to get them the ball.

MoMass was the most targeted receiver on the Browns last year and was #85 most targeted in the league. That means almost every other team had 3 WR's targeted more ofter than our #1 receiver. Thats a result of the offensive scheme not the player, how can you catch a hundred balls if your only targeted 70 times? Lets see how these guys do after they get double to triple the targets they had last year and judge them after that. To me Robo, MoMass, Mitchell and now Little, alot of teams would love to have that. We just have to get them the ball.

Exactly! We have MoMass (who I honestly don't have much hope for but maybe he is a good slot guy?) then Robiskie who has improved every season, making some great catches last year, Cribb's who did great with YAC, Mitchel who is yet untested but has the height and speed to be a very solid WR, Little who we have yet no idea how he will do even though it is apparent he has a very high ceiling and is great with YAC, Haggarty who in training camp last year was doing great before he had a season ending injury, Norwood who pushed his way off the practice squad and onto the active roster last year (just like Benard did the season before) and Williams who if he could stay healthy has the ability to be a 1000 yard receiver. With all of these guys at WR I just don't see the them going after a high paid guy, especially one where they are going to have to give up draft picks next year to get. It's a pipe dream to think otherwise. On top of that if you think they are going to go after another TE you much be smoking crack. They just spend a 4th round pick on a receiving TE, put a 2nd round tender on Moore, and signed the best TE available in FA last year. Another TE signing just is not going to happen.

All of you are smoking crack, seriously. I don't how much Cribbs can be a factor since he runs sloppy and undisciplined routes, Mitchell is a 6th round pick and won't do anything this year, Haggerty didn't do crapola, and Momass is scared of taking hits and won't fight for the ball.

I am not convinced Robo has the moxie to become a consistent YAC guy. he's got decent hands and quickness but i don't know if he has the

mental toughness to make plays on the quick slants over the middle. Momass has the size and speed but the jury is still out on his ability

to bounce back from bit hits. TE wise, I feel Watson can bang with the best of them. I'd like to see Cameron (who KILLED at the combine)

add about 15 lbs to his 6' 5" frame and emulate Watson's toughness and professional work ethic. Randy Moss is a legitimate FA

consideration. He has a history of redeeming himself after bad seasons and I think he still has the ability to add to his HOF numbers and

help the Brown's win some ball games

I'm not saying that we don't need a WR, I'm just saying with the amount we have signed right now, plus with the fact we don't really know what we have with at least 3 of them and the rest could recieve a serious boost with the new Offense, that it would be idiotic to spend draft picks to trade for or pick up tendered players. I'm not against giving someone like Holmes, Rice, Floyd, or Jackson a contract, but one in that group that hasn't been tendered (unless I am mistaken) is Holmes, and I would seriously doubt he would want to come play in Cleveland. I honestly feel our best option at WR in FA is Moss, who gives us good speed and hands at WR, plus he comes cheap. Since he would come cheap if he causes even the slightest fuss in the lockerroom he could be out the door the next day.

And I'll say it again, unless the TE is some cheap UDFA that we want to look at, signing a TE would be stupid at this point.

Did any of you guys even see Greg Little's highlights? I'm being completely honest when I say I haven't been that impressed by a WR in the draft in a long time. He would have easily been a first round draft pick if he wasn't suspended last year, so what I'm saying is, we have our #1 WR, his name is Greg Little.

For TEs, if they're really interested in having a million of them, I guess they should look at Bo Scaife, but I think Watson, Moore, and Cameron Jordan are just fine.

honestly we don't really need any FAs at the WR or TE positions, if we get a WR I want it to be a capable veteran just in case Little isn't doing well from the start(I think he'll be fine), but not a #1 guy like Jackson or Rice, and I definitely don't mean a guy like Bobby Engram from last year(who isn't even playing anymore, he's coaching with the 49ers now). Steve Breaston would make sense in that way.

For offensive positions, I would actually look at an FA RB like Reggie Bush (if the price is right), I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but Hillis can't be strained that much and who knows how Hardesty turns out, even if Hardesty turns out well, he's not a fast shifty back like Bush is. Dare I say that Cribbs should be playing the "Bush role" on our team, and shouldn't be a WR, but if they really wanna keep Cribbs at WR then they should get Bush to help Hillis.

For defense they're probably looking for a replacement for Elam, although I'm sure they'll keep Elam as a solid backup, as well as looking for the opposite end position of Sheard(where Coleman used to play in the 3-4). Eric Wright will either get an overpaid contract by another team or will stay as a backup. Sheldon Brown will be the starter opposite side of Haden, and they probably won't find anyone better than him in FA(unless they wanna pay top money for Asomugha).

I'm not sure what they're going to do with the linebackers, but Barton is more than likely gone, Roth they should re-sign, Gocong will be kept for depth, but who will be the starters? Ideally it will be MLB Fujita, OLB Roth, OLB Benard. Schaefering will be kept for good depth, but if they don't find an FA end, they will probably start him.

I'm also not completely sold on Fujita being the starting MLB over D'Qwell, but he has leadership qualities, and is a smart guy in terms of not just football but in general. I noticed the defense played much better when Fujita was healthy than when he was not.

I think Maiava has a lot of potential and could be a starter one day. Guys like Trusnik, Sorenson, etc. are all probably waived because they were kept for their character, intelligence, over their football playing ability. Maybe they'll stick around as special team players but not more than that.

Starters on defense should look like this in a 4-3 base formation:

FA       M.Benard          S.Brown  FA or Elam
A.Rubin   
P.Taylor S.Fujita
J.Sheard
        M.Roth(is an FA)  J.Haden  T.Ward

Quite a solid defense to be honest, swap some of the positioning since that might not be final. Roth might not be here so I suppose they would get another FA in his place.

Id love to have Holmes but as other people stated hes probaly gonna be hard to come by, i think if the Jets stay with anyone they will wanna keep Holmes and Braylon is probaly as good as gone, but maybe he likes Ohio due to his days at OSU im not sure but he seems like a guy who wants to be one SB contending team and there are alot of them who would probaly wanna acquire his services...

I think with the pick of Cameron we know we wont be looking for a TE in FA, him along with Moore as well as Watson kinda sets us up nicely at that Position..

Id like to see us add another DE or CB to the D...We need all the help we can get and i really hope we try to continue to add talent to this team we really need all the help we can get whether that be FA or the Draft

For the price it'll cost to get Moss (which is pretty much the minimum), I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him.

It's a low-risk, high-reward situation.

Moss has worn out his welcome on every team he's played on, and is at the end of the line. 'Nuff said. You want a cancer mentoring our young guys? No thanks.

PS I think the Browns will stand pat with the WRs and TEs they have. Having Owens and the Bull Rider on the Bengals didn't do much to help Carson Palmer.

Did any of you guys even see Greg Little's highlights? I'm being completely honest when I say I haven't been that impressed by a WR in the draft in a long time. He would have easily been a first round draft pick if he wasn't suspended last year, so what I'm saying is, we have our #1 WR, his name is Greg Little.

For TEs, if they're really interested in having a million of them, I guess they should look at Bo Scaife, but I think Watson, Moore, and Cameron Jordan are just fine.

honestly we don't really need any FAs at the WR or TE positions, if we get a WR I want it to be a capable veteran just in case Little isn't doing well from the start(I think he'll be fine), but not a #1 guy like Jackson or Rice, and I definitely don't mean a guy like Bobby Engram from last year(who isn't even playing anymore, he's coaching with the 49ers now). Steve Breaston would make sense in that way.

For offensive positions, I would actually look at an FA RB like Reggie Bush (if the price is right), I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but Hillis can't be strained that much and who knows how Hardesty turns out, even if Hardesty turns out well, he's not a fast shifty back like Bush is. Dare I say that Cribbs should be playing the "Bush role" on our team, and shouldn't be a WR, but if they really wanna keep Cribbs at WR then they should get Bush to help Hillis.

For defense they're probably looking for a replacement for Elam, although I'm sure they'll keep Elam as a solid backup, as well as looking for the opposite end position of Sheard(where Coleman used to play in the 3-4). Eric Wright will either get an overpaid contract by another team or will stay as a backup. Sheldon Brown will be the starter opposite side of Haden, and they probably won't find anyone better than him in FA(unless they wanna pay top money for Asomugha).

I'm not sure what they're going to do with the linebackers, but Barton is more than likely gone, Roth they should re-sign, Gocong will be kept for depth, but who will be the starters? Ideally it will be MLB Fujita, OLB Roth, OLB Benard. Schaefering will be kept for good depth, but if they don't find an FA end, they will probably start him.

I'm also not completely sold on Fujita being the starting MLB over D'Qwell, but he has leadership qualities, and is a smart guy in terms of not just football but in general. I noticed the defense played much better when Fujita was healthy than when he was not.

I think Maiava has a lot of potential and could be a starter one day. Guys like Trusnik, Sorenson, etc. are all probably waived because they were kept for their character, intelligence, over their football playing ability. Maybe they'll stick around as special team players but not more than that.

Starters on defense should look like this in a 4-3 base formation:

FA       M.Benard          S.Brown  FA or Elam
A.Rubin   
P.Taylor S.Fujita
J.Sheard
        M.Roth(is an FA)  J.Haden  T.Ward

Quite a solid defense to be honest, swap some of the positioning since that might not be final. Roth might not be here so I suppose they would get another FA in his place.

Why would they move a guy who has played OLB his whole career to MLB!? Jesus look stuff up before you post garbage like this. They have said at least a dozen times that at the moment their LB core is Fujita at OLB (strong), Gocong at MLB, and Jackson at OLB (weak). They have also stated that Gocong could play all 3 positions and Jackson could play middle, but Fujita will only play at Strong side OLB.

As far as Trusik and Roth goes, if both are still on the team next year they are going to be playing DE.

Why would they move a guy who has played OLB his whole career to MLB!? Jesus look stuff up before you post garbage like this. They have said at least a dozen times that at the moment their LB core is Fujita at OLB (strong), Gocong at MLB, and Jackson at OLB (weak). They have also stated that Gocong could play all 3 positions and Jackson could play middle, but Fujita will only play at Strong side OLB.

As far as Trusik and Roth goes, if both are still on the team next year they are going to be playing DE.

That begs the question: Are Trusnik and Roth 4-3 DE capable players, or will this be an attempt to fit an octagonal player into a hexagonal hole?

It might look similar but it just doesn't quite fit right, thus causing us to have a fit.

hexagonrgb.jpg

OCTAGON.gif

I think Colt will struggle very badly because of the good wide receivers we currently lack right now. If anyone wants to argue that, feel free to do, but don't come crying to me when the offense struggles again.

why would anyone come crying to you of all people.....u are marginally knowledgeable and a constantly being a negative nancy despite the fact you think u know what ur talking about.

so what ur in effect saying is colt is gonna struggle more this coming year than he did the last? despite the fact we have added some talent, got more experience under our young guys belts and a better system in place?

ur part of the old line of thinkers that believe FA can fix everything and money is a non-issue. as i look back at our recent history, signing old productive players sure has been a success for the cleveland browns hasn't it? so why not keep up whats working....signing long in the tooth vets that no one else wants anymore...beside dan snyder.

yup...we're gonna complain to the football genius...rotflmao

copter....

That begs the question: Are Trusnik and Roth 4-3 DE capable players, or will this be an attempt to fit an octagonal player into a hexagonal hole?

It might look similar but it just doesn't quite fit right, thus causing us to have a fit.

hexagonrgb.jpg

OCTAGON.gif

Maybe, maybe not. Roth at this point actually has good size for a DE in a 4-3 and if anything is starting to get too big to be a productive OLB in a 3-4, plus it is his true natural position which is where he played in college and high school. Trusnik was also a DE when he played in college and is the size Heckert personally likes in DE's and has the same 40 time as Sheard. He had an outstanding senior year at Ohio Northern (Div III I know) where he had 18 sacks. Whether he would be a good fit at DE is yet to be seen as you have stated and it would be left up to Juron.

maybe they didnt throw because they didnt have any WRs eh?

massaquoi isnt that good even tho i wanted him to be and robiskie is a wasted pick

cribbs is a QB and return man.....not a WR

little is the only decent WR on the team but he was a 3rd round prospect in this years draft and that isnt the kind of guy you look to lead your team in receptions.....the brownies still dont have a true #1 and its all going to fall on hillis' shoulders again. he is the entire offense with colt trying his best not to screw up in his first year as a real starter without any talent around him

massaquoi isnt that good even tho i wanted him to be and robiskie is a wasted pick

little is the only decent WR on the team but he was a 3rd round prospect in this years draft and that isnt the kind of guy you look to lead your team in receptions.....the brownies still dont have a true #1 and its all going to fall on hillis' shoulders again. he is the entire offense with colt trying his best not to screw up in his first year as a real starter without any talent around him

We aren't running Mangini's run first offense next year. We are going to be passing a lot more, whether it's better or not.

We aren't running Mangini's run first offense next year. We are going to be passing a lot more, whether it's better or not.

thats not good news considering the talent(or lack of) at the WR and TE positions

there is a reason so many mocks had the brownies takin a WR with the first pick....its easily the most glaring weakness on the team right now....especially considering the new pass first offense

It's not that we didn't throw, we just didn't target receiver's. Mangini's philosophy was to expose the middle of the field with TE's and RB's, which is why Hillis and Watson were the leading receivers. As Rob Ryan says "thats documented" look it up. WR's were basically decoys and blockers.

I'm not saying Robo or MoMass are going to be great, but I do think there better and will be alot more effective than alot of people think.

So if Little was a 3rd round prospect after sitting out a year, does that make him a first round talent? Or is he still a 3rd round prospect if he played the entire year?

Archived