THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Peyton Manning

Zombo

If McCoy can't audible, I am surprised we won a single game, NFL defenses will destroy an offense if the QB can't get out of a play.

Let's trade our two first rounders for Peyton Manning and make him QB, OC,HC and Prez.

Keep McCoy for neck insurance, and send Smurmur and Homogren out to the middle of Lake Erie.

Z

Colts will draft Luck.

Lerner should ditch Holmgren, Smurmur and the WCO ... Trade for Manning, let Manning pick the coaching staff.

If his neck doesn't hold up he teaches the offense to McCoy and stays on as OC.

We will win more football games than we do now, I guarantee it.

The WCO is gay. No one knows how to attack NFL defenses better than Manning.

Z

Colts will draft Luck.

Lerner should ditch Holmgren, Smurmur and the WCO ... Trade for Manning, let Manning pick the coaching staff.

Z

Man, would that be a dream come true. Colt watching and having input from Manning. If Colt does have "IT" Manning would bring it out.

If McCoy can't audible, I am surprised we won a single game, NFL defenses will destroy an offense if the QB can't get out of a play.

Let's trade our two first rounders for Peyton Manning and make him QB, OC,HC and Prez.

Keep McCoy for neck insurance, and send Smurmur and Homogren out to the middle of Lake Erie.

Z

Isn't that essentially what we did with Holmgren?

We took a guy based on his name and not his resume. Peyton Manning is by and large the greatest QB of the past decade, no doubt. But as for HC, OC and Prez...he has absolutely no experience.

I know you were being facetious, but it brings up a good point. Let's stop hiring people based on name, and start hiring based on what they've done.

Isn't that essentially what we did with Holmgren?

We took a guy based on his name and not his resume. Peyton Manning is by and large the greatest QB of the past decade, no doubt. But as for HC, OC and Prez...he has absolutely no experience.

I know you were being facetious, but it brings up a good point. Let's stop hiring people based on name, and start hiring based on what they've done.

Well, we know Mannings offense with Manning running it is a winner ... who is to say he doesn't play 5 or 6 more years at a championship level.

So the WCO would have to go ... which means Smurmur goes. Holmgren could always stay on as an administrator, but his offense would be gone. Tony Dungy could come back and coach ... whatever Manning wants ... he has another SB in him, let's make it a brown and orange one.

Z

Colts will draft Luck.

Z

More than likely not going to happen, if Manning is healthy enough to play this offseason colts will ransom their number draft pick to the highest bidder. Though if he is unable to play and has to retire or something, then he should be hired as our O coordinator/qb coach.

Haha

So finally zombo your starting to realize that our front office is a joke?

I think Heckert is great. Love our drafts.

I think the WCO is a joke.

Last team to win a Super Bowl with a true WCO was Tampa, and that was what ... nine years ago?

Since then guys like Polymumu and Reed have shown you can take away the middle AND harass the daylights out of a QB. NFL rules have made it easier throw downfield on teams, and guys like Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers now run the show from their own cockpit, changing plays two or three times and throwing deep at least five times a game when they like the matchups.

WCO was brilliant against defenses of the 90's. It is a different game now, it has completely evolved. Look at the last two SB winners: GB and NO ... Bombs Away! IN the AFC you have NE, SD and PIT ... Bombs Away! In Cleveland you have Smurmur ... murmur,murmur, murmur.

This offense is ancient, it is a joke and it is not how you win championships in 2011.

Trade for Peyton, install his offense, and let's start competing like a real team.

Zombo

Well, we know Mannings offense with Manning running it is a winner ... who is to say he doesn't play 5 or 6 more years at a championship level.

So the WCO would have to go ... which means Smurmur goes. Holmgren could always stay on as an administrator, but his offense would be gone. Tony Dungy could come back and coach ... whatever Manning wants ... he has another SB in him, let's make it a brown and orange one.

Z

I highly doubt Manning has 5 more years in him, he's on his way out now. The sad thing is, Manning on his "way out" is still capable of multiple Pro Bowl performances. But to even entertain that idea, the Browns would have to essentially trade away their entire next two drafts, plus a couple players, and a team airplane or something. It's clearly not going to happen.

Even if it were to happen, I'm not okay with "Whatever Manning wants." Two years ago it was "Whatever Holmgren wants." Three years before that it was "Whatever Mangini wants." It's a common theme now, Lerner hires one man based on name and then lets said man build a shit fest while Lerner sits back and collects the money.

It's time we put together a knowledgable staff. We need a meritocracy in this bitch. Attain a job based on what you've proven to do.

@sadbrownsfan

Zombo knows its not going to happen, you have to get know him first to understand :)

Anyway, I think Chud dialing up Derek Anderson to throw downfield into triple coverage would have more success than what we have now.

And I hated D.A.

Chud's offense is looking pretty good down in Carolina. 6th in YPG. 8th in rushing and passing. Averaging 21 points per game.

Apparently all he needed was a mobile QB. With a big arm. And huge smile.

Damn, I hate Cam Newton.

I highly doubt Manning has 5 more years in him, he's on his way out now. The sad thing is, Manning on his "way out" is still capable of multiple Pro Bowl performances. But to even entertain that idea, the Browns would have to essentially trade away their entire next two drafts, plus a couple players, and a team airplane or something. It's clearly not going to happen.

Even if it were to happen, I'm not okay with "Whatever Manning wants." Two years ago it was "Whatever Holmgren wants." Three years before that it was "Whatever Mangini wants." It's a common theme now, Lerner hires one man based on name and then lets said man build a shit fest while Lerner sits back and collects the money.

It's time we put together a knowledgable staff. We need a meritocracy in this bitch. Attain a job based on what you've proven to do.

I think Manning walked off the field as one of the best QBs in the game last year, and with the neck healed, would still be at that status for 4-5 more years. No reason to think otherwise other than neck concerns. He wasn't missing any games, his play hadn't diminished, CLEARLY he was carrying that team. And I don't think it would take as much to get him as you think.

Zombo

I think Manning walked off the field as one of the best QBs in the game last year, and with the neck healed, would still be at that status for 4-5 more years. No reason to think otherwise other than neck concerns. He wasn't missing any games, his play hadn't diminished, CLEARLY he was carrying that team. And I don't think it would take as much to get him as you think.

Zombo

I think it's going to tak a lot more than you think. Just because the Colts draft Luck, that doesn't mean they're going to cut ties so easily with the greatest QB to play the game. The fact that he's Peyton Manning alone means he'll garner more than everybody on the trading block. Purely on his name alone.

The Colts are going to want to keep Manning for as long as possible, even with Luck. The same way Rodgers was groomed under Favre.

We'd have to mortgage the future on Manning.

I think Heckert is great. Love our drafts.

I think the WCO is a joke.

Last team to win a Super Bowl with a true WCO was Tampa, and that was what ... nine years ago?

Since then guys like Polymumu and Reed have shown you can take away the middle AND harass the daylights out of a QB. NFL rules have made it easier throw downfield on teams, and guys like Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers now run the show from their own cockpit, changing plays two or three times and throwing deep at least five times a game when they like the matchups.

WCO was brilliant against defenses of the 90's. It is a different game now, it has completely evolved. Look at the last two SB winners: GB and NO ... Bombs Away! IN the AFC you have NE, SD and PIT ... Bombs Away! In Cleveland you have Smurmur ... murmur,murmur, murmur.

This offense is ancient, it is a joke and it is not how you win championships in 2011.

Trade for Peyton, install his offense, and let's start competing like a real team.

Zombo

Z...perhaps I am wrong, but I thought that the Packers with Rodgers were running some form of the WCO. No?

Z...perhaps I am wrong, but I thought that the Packers with Rodgers were running some form of the WCO. No?

We are the only team left running a true 90's style WCO. Everyone else has evolved and reinvented. Mike McCarthy has taken shits that are more imaginative than Smurmur.

Z

Archived