THE BROWNS BOARD

First Time Poster!

Whythisplace

Hey guys! First time poster here, but long time poster on theobr. I just figured I would google and see if there are any other Browns message boards and this was the first one to come up. There seems to be a lot of people on this board, I am wondering if this is a better place for browns discussion?

BTW, it feels strange talking Browns on another message board...I feel like I just went to another planet, only to discover all the inhabitants are English speaking Humans lol.

This place is very good. We're all Browns Fans... well at least we all say we are :blink:

I used to be on BC but the Refs on there are complete egomaniacs and jerkoffs. This place has a much more laid back atmosphere... as long as your not a homo/racecardholder/jew/christian/dirtbag/dumbshit/ahole/barfeater/windsucker/cumnuggler/dochebag/hornrider or Shopping Mall Santa Claus.

Hey guys! First time poster here, but long time poster on theobr. I just figured I would google and see if there are any other Browns message boards and this was the first one to come up. There seems to be a lot of people on this board, I am wondering if this is a better place for browns discussion?

BTW, it feels strange talking Browns on another message board...I feel like I just went to another planet, only to discover all the inhabitants are English speaking Humans lol.

Why would you have ever been anywhere else? Well, I guess I can't talk as even though I was a member of this board since its inception there was a long time that I wasn't on here.

Get out now while you still can. "I keep trying to leave but they keep pulling me back in" There are some good posters here and some bad (gipper is a good one) like all forums. Some put on an act while some are just that bad and dumb. You'll find out for yourself but overall you should have a good time.

Welcome!

This place is very good. We're all Browns Fans... well at least we all say we are :blink:

I used to be on BC but the Refs on there are complete egomaniacs and jerkoffs. This place has a much more laid back atmosphere... as long as your not a homo/racecardholder/jew/christian/dirtbag/dumbshit/ahole/barfeater/windsucker/cumnuggler/dochebag/hornrider or Shopping Mall Santa Claus.

don't forget "soccer fag".

welcome to the best Browns Board on the net, whythisplace!

hope your skin is thick and you know what you're talking about...otherwise grab a helmet and buckle your chin strap. enjoy!

Chargers fan here, but have always rooted for the browns against elway, the steelers, and most other teams (I can't call myself a closet Browns fan, but almost).

for the record, i remember the brian sipe days (nicknamed the cardiac kids i think) and bernie kosar days. you also owned the original "marty ball" - so we've got connections!

i'm not here to start any crap, i come from a tortured franchise, so who am i to talk any smack! speaking of QB's, try this one on: you have 2 consecutive pro bowl QB's (brees and rivers) and you still choke your way through every season/playoffs.

anyways, here is my question, which is probably an incredibly boring/tired topic for some of you (advance apologies): I have always like the dawg pound (way better than the black hole - full of newly released inmates on probation), and am wondering if the actual browns fans would prefer a bulldog logo on the browns helmet? I have always thought it would be cool, but might not be welcomed by long-time fans.

-Bolts

Chargers fan here, but have always rooted for the browns against elway, the steelers, and most other teams (I can't call myself a closet Browns fan, but almost).

for the record, i remember the brian sipe days (nicknamed the cardiac kids i think) and bernie kosar days. you also owned the original "marty ball" - so we've got connections!

i'm not here to start any crap, i come from a tortured franchise, so who am i to talk any smack! speaking of QB's, try this one on: you have 2 consecutive pro bowl QB's (brees and rivers) and you still choke your way through every season/playoffs.

anyways, here is my question, which is probably an incredibly boring/tired topic for some of you (advance apologies): I have always like the dawg pound (way better than the black hole - full of newly released inmates on probation), and am wondering if the actual browns fans would prefer a bulldog logo on the browns helmet? I have always thought it would be cool, but might not be welcomed by long-time fans.

-Bolts

Is this what your talking about?

post-653-0-07657900-1324430659_thumb.gif

- Nuts

-Bolts

No. The team's name is The Browns. Not the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs haven't played in Northeast Ohio in over 80 years.

Some of us wish the whole Dawg Pound motif would be retired. That belonged to a particular era when the Browns had Dixon and Minnifield playing here. The only reason it stays on is because the fucking geniuses in the Browns and NFL marketing and public relations departments are too lazy and stupid to come up with something new.

No. The team's name is The Browns. Not the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs haven't played in Northeast Ohio in over 80 years.

Some of us wish the whole Dawg Pound motif would be retired. That belonged to a particular era when the Browns had Dixon and Minnifield playing here. The only reason it stays on is because the fucking geniuses in the Browns and NFL marketing and public relations departments are too lazy and stupid to come up with something new.

thanks Gipper, interesting info.

-Bolts

I am happy with our helmet & uniforms (fan since 1970, presently 48 years old).

As far as the Dawg Pound stuff, it's a link with our last good memories of playoff football, and the old stadium. Everyone has their opinions about it-I don't mind it, but since our winning percentage at the new stadium is about 33%, we have to hang onto something, and that seems to be it.

Also, probably the 3rd or 4th time I went to a Browns game, it was vs. the Chargers, and we tied 16-16. I remember telling my dad that Dan Fouts looked pretty good...never knew he would be THAT good.

I go back and forth on the uni thing. I'm a big fan of tradition and history. But, what's more of a slap in face to the history of the Browns? A change and complete overhaul of the uni or the football that's been played in the current uni over the last 12 years? No Dawg stuff please. Let that go.

Ya'll can say what you want about me liking soccer but I bet 90% of you walk around wearing another grown mans name and number on your back.

I go back and forth on the uni thing. I'm a big fan of tradition and history.

That is good- look at 2 teams you may hate (like me): the Red Sox & Yankees. Same uniforms for eons, and no names on their backs (home only I believe).

That is good- look at 2 teams you may hate (like me): the Red Sox & Yankees. Same uniforms for eons, and no names on their backs (home only I believe).

You've got a point and that line of thinking comes into my thought process. Not a fan of either while I don't think the yanks have really made any changes the Red Sox have made some small tweaks.

I go back and forth on the uni thing. I'm a big fan of tradition and history. But, what's more of a slap in face to the history of the Browns? A change and complete overhaul of the uni or the football that's been played in the current uni over the last 12 years? No Dawg stuff please. Let that go.

Ya'll can say what you want about me liking soccer but I bet 90% of you walk around wearing another grown mans name and number on your back.

No, I have never owned a player jersey. I have plenty of generic Browns stuff, but never a jersey.

I am happy with our helmet & uniforms (fan since 1970, presently 48 years old).

As far as the Dawg Pound stuff, it's a link with our last good memories of playoff football, and the old stadium. Everyone has their opinions about it-I don't mind it, but since our winning percentage at the new stadium is about 33%, we have to hang onto something, and that seems to be it.

Also, probably the 3rd or 4th time I went to a Browns game, it was vs. the Chargers, and we tied 16-16. I remember telling my dad that Dan Fouts looked pretty good...never knew he would be THAT good.

Bob806 - cool post. i'm 42 and the first season i remember is 1979 (the rise of Air Corryel and near misses in the playoffs). cool to hear someone bring up Dan Fouts - he is the only player i would really like to get an autograph from. the players from the era you grow up are always old favorites.

Archived