THE BROWNS BOARD

Home Opener Tailgate - French Canadians Looking for 4th win in a row in Cleveland

DominicBL

Hey guys,

Some of you may remember me. My name is Dominic and my friends and I have been attending your tailgate for the last three years. Once again this year, we will drive 12 hours from Quebec, Canada to attend the home opener and try to preserve our perfect record (Win against Pats in '10, Win against Dolphins in '11, Win against Bengals in '12) in Cleveland.

This year, our party has growns once again and we will be 7 guys attending the tailgate. As in previous years, you can notably expect (i) a 3L bottle of rhum that will be shared at the tailgate, (ii) the 4th edition of the "Cornhole" Quebec Cup against Todd and Mike (Quebec leads the serie 2-1) and (iii) a bilingual Canadian national anthem at some point in the tailgate.

We had a blast with all of you guys in previous years and hope that most of you are going to be able to make it to the tailgate this Sunday. We can't wait for the weekend.

Cheers,

Dom

Uhm, Thunder Bay is not in Quebec. That would be like saying: I was in Duluth, beautiful country there in New England.

Thunder Bay, Ontario. I was only off a couple hundred miles there, dr dweeb. I'm always high when north of the border.

However I was at the Worlds Fair there in Montreal1968 and have visited Quebec City. world class.

The Tailgate has gotten a lot more informal Dominic. It's now BYO stuff. (Excepting the one big "Reunion" weekend), which will be against the Bengals. I may be down at the lot to meet up with you guys.

I'll let Ed fill you in.

Thunder Bay, Ontario. I was only off a couple hundred miles there, dr dweeb. I'm always high when north of the border.

However I was at the Worlds Fair there in Montreal1968 and have visited Quebec City. world class.

From Thunder Bay to Montreal is about 1100 miles. Or about as far off as Cleveland is from Miami!

Guys (the Gipper and Slowburn),

I think you should continue that conversation at the tailgate after the 3L bottle of rhum we bring each year will be opened. I am sure you will then find a classy way to agree to disagree.

We will simply settle it this way. How far is it from wherever you are in Quebec province to Thunder Bay?

Guys (the Gipper and Slowburn),

I think you should continue that conversation at the tailgate after the 3L bottle of rhum we bring each year will be opened. I am sure you will then find a classy way to agree to disagree.

I can't be there this weekend but am planning on being at the tailgate bash 29 Sep in Cle.

Archived