THE BROWNS BOARD

Our DB's could be solid unit.

LBC mike

With Hadden and Gilbert as our to starters. I know Skrine is etched to be nickel. I am not so keen on him since he has been on board. Gipson and Whitner at the safeties.

I want someone to beat out Skrine this offseason. I do not want to yell at my TV because of him. between him and Weedon last year.......

Thoughts on elimating Skrine and replace from the list below.

40 Adams, Royce DB 5-10 190 26 2 Purdue

37 Aubrey, Josh DB 5-10 207 23 2 Stephen F. Austin

24 Bademosi, Johnson DB 6-0 200 23 3 Stanford

43 Cook, Darwin DB 5-11 195 22 R West Virginia

26 Desir, Pierre DB 6-1 195 23 R Lindenwood

41 Heath, T.J. DB 6-0 190 26 2 Jacksonville State

29 McFadden, Leon DB 5-10 190 23 2 San Diego State

42 Nelson, Robert DB 5-9 175 24 R Arizona State

33 Poyer, Jordan DB 6-0 191 23 2 Oregon State

30 Slaughter, Jamoris DB 6-0 190 24 1 Notre Dame

35 Trufant, Isaiah DB 5-7 170 31 4 Eastern Washington

36 Williams , K'Waun

Skrine has gotten better every year and is reportedly looking good in camp this year. He is fast as hell and now has starter experience, but is perfectly suited for the slot. From what I saw of McFadden last year, he would have a ways to go to catch Skrine.

Desir is the interesting prospect, but not sure where he ends up in the secondary. some have mentioned free safety for him. But I could see him playing inside too, because a lot of teams are going toward bigger slot receivers, and he could take away that advantage with his size.

Zombo

Skrine has gotten better every year and is reportedly looking good in camp this year. He is fast as hell and now has starter experience, but is perfectly suited for the slot. From what I saw of McFadden last year, he would have a ways to go to catch Skrine.

Desir is the interesting prospect, but not sure where he ends up in the secondary. some have mentioned free safety for him. But I could see him playing inside too, because a lot of teams are going toward bigger slot receivers, and he could take away that advantage with his size.

Zombo

This is going to be is 3rd season. Will he improve on game day? he blew to many big plays and go beeat in coverage quite a bit. To many penalties also.

Looking forward to the d this year. When the offense wasn't putrid last season they played damn good.

The additions from the draft and fa should round us out to a very good d. Just need the offense to be semi productive so they're not on the field the whole game.

Better be! They sacrificed the WR core for it! They will be called on to carry the team without legit targets for Manziel. RB's might look good, but if you can't streach the field it doesn't matter. Miles Austin HAS done big things, but he's also been hurt most of the time.

It is an exciting DB unit!

I like Skrine in the slot, he struggle covering bigger recievers on the edge at times.

Never really saw him get beat deep alot unless there may have been a double move only get penalized for not playing the ball. He fast enough to run with the best just needs to turn his head sooner.

Skrine did improve he made some key stops on drives that allowed the defense to get off the field at times. Unlike the previous year.

I just dont see him as the #2 corner against teams with two good recievers playing outside.

I would love to see how they work Desir in the rotation. He as potential.

With one of the best corners in the league on one side and a top 10 draft choice ( and top DB in this class IMO) on the other side. This should def be an outstanding group. I believe Skrine will be much, much improved after moving to the inside. He has great speed and covering the 3rd or sometimes 4th reciever on opposing teams will be a bit more in his league. He should be way more competitive against those guys than his previous 2 years. I personally think Desir is a freak and an absolute steal in the 4th round. He is gonna see the field alot as the 4 or maybe some at the 3. He doesnt possess the speed of Skrine but is worlds apart in physicality and coverage / ball skills. We should have one of the top corner crews in the NFL.

Our safteys also are nothing to laugh at. Gipson came a long way last year and I for one am very comfortable with him out roaming the field, ball hawking for us, and he is good at it. Whitner........... well.................. its whitner, not great but just as good as Ward and that was not a weak spot by any means. Maybe could argue that Ward wasnt very good at coverage and IMO whitner is a drastic improvment in that regard. Ward to Whitner loses nothing in run support either. Man just sittin here talking about this pumps me!!!!! I think wait till next year is finally here... WAIT TILL THIS YEAR

With one of the best corners in the league on one side and a top 10 draft choice ( and top DB in this class IMO) on the other side. This should def be an outstanding group. I believe Skrine will be much, much improved after moving to the inside. He has great speed and covering the 3rd or sometimes 4th reciever on opposing teams will be a bit more in his league. He should be way more competitive against those guys than his previous 2 years. I personally think Desir is a freak and an absolute steal in the 4th round. He is gonna see the field alot as the 4 or maybe some at the 3. He doesnt possess the speed of Skrine but is worlds apart in physicality and coverage / ball skills. We should have one of the top corner crews in the NFL.

Our safteys also are nothing to laugh at. Gipson came a long way last year and I for one am very comfortable with him out roaming the field, ball hawking for us, and he is good at it. Whitner........... well.................. its whitner, not great but just as good as Ward and that was not a weak spot by any means. Maybe could argue that Ward wasnt very good at coverage and IMO whitner is a drastic improvment in that regard. Ward to Whitner loses nothing in run support either. Man just sittin here talking about this pumps me!!!!! I think wait till next year is finally here... WAIT TILL THIS YEAR

I just have a bad taste in my mouth from Skrine. Might as well call him fast slippery Willey. Speed and being short doesn't help when recievers now are getting taller, bigger and faster.

Better be! They sacrificed the WR core for it!

yeah the second and third pick really fucked up our chances at getting a legit WR.

lol.

3 outta six on D. right down the middle don't you think?

yeah the second and third pick really fucked up our chances at getting a legit WR.

lol.

Why do we need a WR we have Flash Smokey!!!

https://s3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/XVgQdNJqFlMMlYuV1ilO.w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusfantasyexperts/nfl-gordon_inline_640_426.gif

lol.

I was speaking to passing on Sammy Watkins. And i didnt think about it at the time, but cleveland actually got less for this trade than they did for the Julio Jones trade.

In my opinion, its easier to stop points than score them. But your right, they had MANY other opportunities to take receivers and didnt. But I did like the Manziel pick, and I liked the Bitiono pick.

we've been needing to add another top flight corner for 4 years now.

both farmer and petine played safety in college and farmer went on to play it in the nfl. it was no surprise to me that they made it their first pick.

I was speaking to passing on Sammy Watkins. And i didnt think about it at the time, but cleveland actually got less for this trade than they did for the Julio Jones trade.

In my opinion, its easier to stop points than score them. But your right, they had MANY other opportunities to take receivers and didnt. But I did like the Manziel pick, and I liked the Bitiono pick.

It cost Atlanta more because ( I could be mistaken but ) I think we were dropping back much further than # 9 when we traded with them. Therefor we were selling our pick at a higher cost then, than we took from Buffalo.

It cost Atlanta more because ( I could be mistaken but ) I think we were dropping back much further than # 9 when we traded with them. Therefor we were selling our pick at a higher cost then than we took from Buffalo.

You're not mistaken, we traded back into the 20's with that trade.

"Our DB's could be solid unit."

Certainly the apparent capability, depth and flexibility are greatly improved. Among our position units, on paper I think our DBs are only rivaled by our D-line collection. However, for now the D-line gets the nod for their on-field showing.

After watching the background bio on Desir, I really hope this kid breaks at least into the nickelback package. Someone on the team with this kind of motivation can positively affect everyone on the team. Maybe even become that key ST player that every great team needs.

After watching the background bio on Desir, I really hope this kid breaks at least into the nickelback package. Someone on the team with this kind of motivation can positively affect everyone on the team. Maybe even become that key ST player that every great team needs.

physically the kid is the prototypical FS. now whether he has the speed, the intuitiveness and the rest of the on field acumen to contribute at any position remains to be seen.

i'm rooting for him like the rest of the rookies.

I agree with that point, but our 3rd down & long defense has been horrible for several seasons, most notably last season. I was hoping for Watkins, but as time has passed by I think the Gilbert pick was the way to go.

Our D should be vastly improved on the edges, and will no doubt help the pass rush. Now, if we can score points, look out AFC.

Archived