THE BROWNS BOARD

Stockton Shorts Discusses Brian Hoyer

StocktonShorts

Which NFL QB has a Rating of 67.7 on 3rd downs and a completion % of 48.4% on 3rd downs? Both worst in the NFL of qualifying QBs.

Who is your guess? (Hint: The team he plays for is ranked 31st in the NFL in 3rd down conversion %, despite playing the worst cumulative 3rd down defenses in the NFL to date)

Winner gets some knowledge!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which forum member yammers away with the same thing, has a lame avatar and isn't liked by almost every other member?

Here's a hint, he loves the color coral.

Which forum member yammers away with the same thing, has a lame avatar and isn't liked by almost every other member?

Well "has a lame avatar" could be just about anyone on here, but not liked by almost every other member and likes "Coral"? I bet thats me you're talking about.

Now your turn, who is dead last in the NFL in 3rd down passing?

You sure are a piece of work. You don't give up, I give you that much.

Here's a clue...you are not changing anyone's mind with all this. You just keep making yourself out the ass...but have it. It would be such a sad thing to deprive you of your biggest joy in life, which is clearly hating on a guy who has done nothing but get this team it's first winning record this far into the season in years.

Is this the same forum member that sucks on JFF's knob like a lamprey with lockjaw?

Is this the same forum member that sucks on JFF's knob like a lamprey with lockjaw?

Well now I'm confused, maybe its not me then.

I don't believe youll find many posts where I don't say Manziel could be terrible.

You must be confusing me for someone else, my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time.

my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time.

sounds like some sad political campaign ad.

what are you trying to say?

my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time. my platform is pretty clearly that Brian Hoyer is not a franchise QB and the Browns are wasting their time.

what?

what?

Hey, guys...

Hoyer was on NFL Insiders today. Did you see him? He was pretty cool.

After the interview one of the panel said he was "a film room rat that makes everybody around him better."

Hey, guys...

Hoyer was on NFL Insiders today. Did you see him? He was pretty cool.

After the interview one of the panel said he was "a film room rat that makes everybody around him better."

Well Jordan Cameron certainly has gotten better around him, right?

As well as the run game. Better because of Hoyer. Everyone is better because of Hoyer, correct?

Manziel believes the backup job matches up with where he should be at this stage of his development.

"I feel like I'm in the role that I need to be at this time," he said. "And, for me, obviously, I wasn't where I needed to be throughout the earlier stages of being here, and now is my time to play catch-up and throughout this year has been my time to play catch-up and make sure I'm on top of my things, continuing to get better where I want to be and what's up to my level and also the coaches' level of where I need to perform."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000420670/article/johnny-manziel-disagrees-with-notion-hes-frustrated

I thought this thread may have been something interesting. Was disappointed.

The "Started by" under the topic header is a huge enter at your own risk warning.

Terry ain't got nothing on us...

Terry's Talkin' about the Cleveland Browns, the quarterbacks and some key veterans -- Terry Pluto

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns have to find out about Johnny Manziel.

I keep hearing that over and over again.

But how about this? The Browns have to find out if they can make the playoffs with Brian Hoyer.

The Browns are 4-3.

I repeat ... the Browns, who were 4-12 last season, are 4-3!

How many of us actually expected them to be 4-3 at this point in the season? And they are in a division where Baltimore and Pittsburgh are 5-3, Cincinnati is 4-2-1.

The NFL season is an almost endless 16-game march where week after week, more players are injured. Since 1999, only Tim Couch (2001) has played all 16 games at quarterback for the Browns.

This is not wishing any harm to Hoyer, but how likely is it that a quarterback coming off ACL knee surgery only 12 months ago will play all 16 games ... for the Browns!

I've been getting emails about how Hoyer has thrown only one interception, but he could have had two picked last game ... and two more a few weeks ago.

I agree, he could have had some more passes intercepted. But he also has had passes dropped by receivers.

The fact is that Hoyer is 6-3 as a starter with the Browns in games where he has played all four quarters.

Pro Bowler Josh Gordon won't be back from his suspension until Game 11. Now that Jordan Cameron has sustained his third concussion in two years, who knows when he'll be back. Cameron has only 13 catches this season as he's battled various injuries.

Hoyer has not been throwing to Gary Collins and Paul Warfield. Andrew Hawkins and Taylor Gabriel -- two receivers who stand about 5-foot-7 -- have been over-achieving. Miles Austin has been serviceable.

The Browns can't seem to figure out how to use any of their three running backs in the passing game.

Hoyer is not loaded with talent around him. Yet, the Browns rank No. 12 in total offense. They are averaging 23.3 points per game, that's 16th.

At the start of the season, I would have signed up for those numbers (along with a 4-3 record) after seven games.

Does anyone realistically believe they would have done as well with Manziel, especially given all the problems that most young quarterbacks experience?

Yes, it will now be harder for Hoyer. That's especially true with the running game being shut down in the last two weeks as they re-work the offensive line.

The Browns must fix the running game. But they don't even need to consider a quarterback switch unless they fall out of contention.

ABOUT JOHNNY MANZIEL

The Browns are not surprised or alarmed by Johnny Manziel feeling frustrated, even if he wouldn't say it that way.

Most backup quarterbacks are veterans who understand the role. Or they are players such as third-stringer Connor Shaw, a non-drafted player who is glad simply get a start in his pro career.

Manziel wants to find out what he can do in the NFL. He sees other rookies starting. He longs to play.

But consider the following:

1. Teddy Twatwater is starting for the Vikings. He is ranked No. 31, with two touchdowns compared to five interceptions. He has been sacked 16 times, and the Vikings are 2-3 when he plays.

2. Blake Bortles is 1-5 in six starts with Jacksonville. He's thrown six touchdowns compared to 12 interceptions and been sacked 17 times. He's ranked 26th.

3. From the 2013 draft, E.J. Manuel (Buffalo) and Geno Smith (Jets) have already lost their starting jobs.

4. Only Tampa Bay's Mike Glennon is starting from that draft. He is 1-4 with the Bucs with eight touchdowns compared to four interceptions. He has been sacked 14 times.

5. You can see why the Browns are in no rush to throw Manziel into the action -- given the success with Hoyer. But they also understand why Manziel is anxious to play, and why the rookie feels as if there are times when his chance will never come. That's human nature. But it's not the NFL, where quarterback changes are a fact of life on most teams during a season.

The browns are doing the right thing at the QB position. Terry nailed it on that one.

And when are those vikings guys going to come back? Weren't they predicting a HOF career, ROY, saying how dumb everybody else is for passing on him earlier this season?

Terry ain't got nothing on us...

Exactly the attitude that is going to ruin the franchise.

Browns are a middle team, not good enough for the playoffs. Have played by far the easiest schedule in the NFL this year and are still in last in the division.

We'll win on Sunday and people will start doubling down on the "WE'RE 5-3! 5-3!!!!" chants, meanwhile the distance between us and the next easiest NFL schedule will only grow.

The absolute worst thing that could happen to the Browns is to hang in the hunt for the 6 seed so long that Manziel gets no playing time. 1) Browns won't make the playoffs, once the back half of the schedule starts next Thursday it'll become pretty obvious and 2) Hoyer isn't the answer, couldn't be more clear and not finding out if Manziel is the answer before this offseason would be a disaster for a building franchise.

Jacksonville, Minnesota, Oakland and Tennessee are ALL in better positions for their future because they're learning about what the next 5 years holds right now. The Browns are selling the future to try and make the 6th seed this year. Awful strategy when you don't know who your franchise QB is. Awful that will only come back to hurt the Browns.

You want to be on the beach or in the ocean, one or the other. If you're in the surf you'll die. The Browns are hanging out in the surf and the low self esteem of the fans who get a hard on at the prospects of a winning record, even though the team isn't a contender, are the ones drowning the team.

Man your shtick is getting old. Why don't you find somewhere else to be, where there are other like minded morons like yourself?

This forum is for us Browns fans, which you obviously are not one of.

It's not as if our staff does not get to compare our QB options week in and week out.

Then certain folks are incredulous when they opt for the guy who's leading the team and has command of the playbook over the one who Tweets out his phone number...

It's not as if our staff does not get to compare our QB options week in and week out.

Then certain folks are incredulous when they opt for the guy who's leading the team and has command of the playbook over the one who Tweets out his phone number...

Our staff has the same blindness in their eyes as you do "Ohhh we could make the Playoffs....."

The minute thats over, Hoyer is over.

Youre too small time to understand big pictures. Yes, Pettine too. He's a high school coach learning on the job right now.

You only have the ability to live in the immediate and don't understand context of future. Like a dog.

Like a dog with his tail wagging loving being in the car without the ability to understand he's on his way to the vet to be put down.

You have no concept of the big picture. I know, we're 4-3 and I know that means we're WAY better then we've been recently, but this team is not a playoff team, isn't playing like a playoff team and the farther you go down the fantasy road of the playoffs the more you damage the big picture.

We chased the playoffs in 2007 with Anderson, did that help us for the future? Or did we stick with DA a year longer then we should because we didn't pay attention to the big picture and found out Quinn was crap a year too late?

I've said it over and over, when I talk about Hoyer, history will be kind to me. Remember when I told you you were all idiots for thinking he was the next Kurt Warner? Well don't see a lot of that anymore do we. History has been kind to me for saying Hoyer isn't the next Warner. It will be kind to me again saying this team isn't a playoff team and the Browns are only wasting their time and hurting the big picture.

Your brain isn't big enough to understand. So I don't blame you Tour. Go back to licking your balls and I'll take you out to shit later.

Our staff has the same blindness in their eyes as you do "Ohhh we could make the Playoffs....."

The minute thats over, Hoyer is over.

Youre too small time to understand big pictures. Yes, Pettine too. He's a high school coach learning on the job right now.

You only have the ability to live in the immediate and don't understand context of future. Like a dog.

Like a dog with his tail wagging loving being in the car without the ability to understand he's on his way to the vet to be put down.

You have no concept of the big picture. I know, we're 4-3 and I know that means we're WAY better then we've been recently, but this team is not a playoff team, isn't playing like a playoff team and the farther you go down the fantasy road of the playoffs the more you damage the big picture.

We chased the playoffs in 2007 with Anderson, did that help us for the future? Or did we stick with DA a year longer then we should because we didn't pay attention to the big picture and found out Quinn was crap a year too late?

I've said it over and over, when I talk about Hoyer, history will be kind to me. Remember when I told you you were all idiots for thinking he was the next Kurt Warner? Well don't see a lot of that anymore do we. History has been kind to me for saying Hoyer isn't the next Warner. It will be kind to me again saying this team isn't a playoff team and the Browns are only wasting their time and hurting the big picture.

Your brain isn't big enough to understand. So I don't blame you Tour. Go back to licking your balls and I'll take you out to shit later.

So big picture is start Manziel now?

Archived