THE BROWNS BOARD

Where the F is Crowell

Comeonman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup...

Remember... with this regime you have to practice well to play.

Brian and I are happy West played today...

What a fuckin' block...

I guess he has fumbled more than West/Tate. He is however our most electrifying runner. I think it's a little crazy he gets 0 snaps

Being an electrifying runner means little if you're a liability to put the ball on the ground.

Just ask how the Saints defense appreciated AP being an "electrifying" runner circa 09 NFC championship.

Being an electrifying runner means little if you're a liability to put the ball on the ground.

Just ask how the Saints defense appreciated AP being an "electrifying" runner circa 09 NFC championship.

lol bad comparison so far but I get what you're saying. I still don't think Crow is a liability. Could be wrong

lol bad comparison so far but I get what you're saying. I still don't think Crow is a liability. Could be wrong

How is that at all a bad comparison?

And it doesn't matter what any of is think, the coaching staff sees Crow as a liability. Zero carries would say that as well. So it would tend to back up one of our opinions.

Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.

Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.

He sat Gilbert in favor of Williams, Manziel in favor of Hoyer and West in favor of Crow the week previous.

Care to get a clue...?

I think we would be better of going back to Crow / Tate. Crow had the 3 fumbles in one game but I don't recall any issues prior to that game. Our running game sucks enough that it is worth the gamble with our upcoming schedule. Hook him up working with Tiki Barber. He used to be a fumble machine before he became a stud.

Im not sold on taint, he reminds me of a guy who when you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and when you need 5 yards he will get you 3.

Well said.

I kinda like how Pettine is handling the 3 RBs though. Tate is like the de facto starter, but when he ain't getting it done, more carries start going to West or Crowell. And those 2 seem to have the fire under their ass constantly to compete with each other to be the primary backup, which can only be good for the team.

I kinda like how Pettine is handling the 3 RBs though. Tate is like the de facto starter, but when he ain't getting it done, more carries start going to West or Crowell. And those 2 seem to have the fire under their ass constantly to compete with each other to be the primary backup, which can only be good for the team.

Agree... check Pettine's post-game presser out. Talked about West earning his carries and an expanded role after "his best week of practice."

Doesn't mean Crow won't get shots Thursday nite... with fresh legs he just might. But today? No...

It does seem to me that a HC with an OC background is more tolerant of an RB losing a fumble here and there, than is a HC with a DC background. No data... just an impression...

All I've heard is part of it is his ball security issues. The coaches have said they decide who plays based on how they perform in practice (and apparently West has been tearing it up in practice), and according to Pettine, it's Montgomery, the RB coach, who determines the carries during the game.

I may be wrong as usual but I suspect we see his fresh legs at some point tonight. The Bengals run D has sucked over the last month, we need to take advantage. On a side note I ended up staying in Cincy tonight on the way home from TN. They dont seem to like it here in the bar when i say "here kitty kitty" and then bark loud in their faces haha

My hopes are that they have been saving him for TONIGHT. While that may be far fetched, I still believe they know who the best back is right now. If some holes can open tonight, I hope it's the Crow hittin' em. I like West and Tate a lot, but I feel as a though Crowell adds that real spark reminiscent of J Cribbs. Would be mind boggling to me if he doesn't get a boat load of action tonight.

Archived