THE BROWNS BOARD

The upsde - Obama's approval rating after one month

calfoxwc

<H3 class=TWSblog-entry-header>At One-Month Mark, Obama's Approval Rating Lower than Jimmy Carter's</H3>Gallup has evaluated first-month job approval for U.S. presidents going back to Richard Nixon. A few points deserve note.

First, Obama’s 63 percent approval level is about the same as the average of all presidents (62 percent) going back to 1968 during their first month in office. Barack Obama’s “disapproval,” at 24 percent, however, is slightly higher than the average of the other presidents (16%).

Second, Obama’s approval among self-identified Democrats and pure independents rose slightly over the last month. Yet his standing with independent-leaning Republicans and conservative Republicans dipped. The president’s numbers crept up 1 to 4 points among Democrats but dropped 14 points in the last month among conservative Republicans.

Gallup writes this about the early trends in presidential approval:

These shifts result in a slightly different profile for Obama relative to past presidents than what he enjoyed in the immediate afterglow of his inauguration. While Obama's initial 68% job approval rating was one of the highest in Gallup polling history (from Dwight Eisenhower through George W. Bush), his current 63% job approval rating is typical of how the last several presidents have fared at the one-month mark.

Finally, in hindsight, one president’s numbers at the first-month mark jump out--Jimmy Carter’s. The Gallup report notes that his 71% approval rating at the end of his first month was the highest of any president going back to Richard Nixon – and 8 points higher than Barack Obama’s.

Read Gallup’s full report on Obama’s first-month job approval here.

Aw, Cal

It's so nice to see you so happy at the thought of our country failing and falling behind the rest of the world.

i dont think that was the point though. i agree with your premise, but the idea here is that his mates are turning on him as quickly as he assembled them.

<H3 class=TWSblog-entry-header>At One-Month Mark, Obama's Approval Rating Lower than Jimmy Carter's</H3>Gallup has evaluated first-month job approval for U.S. presidents going back to Richard Nixon. A few points deserve note.

First, Obama’s 63 percent approval level is about the same as the average of all presidents (62 percent) going back to 1968 during their first month in office. Barack Obama’s “disapproval,” at 24 percent, however, is slightly higher than the average of the other presidents (16%).

Second, Obama’s approval among self-identified Democrats and pure independents rose slightly over the last month. Yet his standing with independent-leaning Republicans and conservative Republicans dipped. The president’s numbers crept up 1 to 4 points among Democrats but dropped 14 points in the last month among conservative Republicans.

These shifts result in a slightly different profile for Obama relative to past presidents than what he enjoyed in the immediate afterglow of his inauguration. While Obama's initial 68% job approval rating was one of the highest in Gallup polling history (from Dwight Eisenhower through George W. Bush), his current 63% job approval rating is typical of how the last several presidents have fared at the one-month mark.

Finally, in hindsight, one president’s numbers at the first-month mark jump out--Jimmy Carter’s. The Gallup report notes that his 71% approval rating at the end of his first month was the highest of any president going back to Richard Nixon – and 8 points higher than Barack Obama’s.

Dude you need to get laid.

Cal, who would you like to run in 2012 on the Republican side?

I honestly don't know - pretty soon I may be prompting for a new political party - maybe called the "American Patriot Party"

(APP) or the "American Eagle Party". (AEP). There is one really terrific congressman, but I forget his name...

I honestly don't know - pretty soon I may be prompting for a new political party - maybe called the "American Patriot Party"

(APP) or the "American Eagle Party". (AEP). There is one really terrific congressman, but I forget his name...

That's the problem Cal...as much as you hate Obama, the Republicans put up a shit ticket and lost...and they will continue to lose until they find a leader other than Rush...I predict the 2012 ticket to be Newt and Palin...yikes...

Well it is good to see that approval ratings and "right track wrong track" polls aren't news anymore.

But honestly to pick for 2012?

How many of you Dems would have said you loved Obama in 2004?

Or Hillary?

Obama will get a second term unless there really is a "crisis" and even then only if the press and public choose to hyperventilate over it.

WSS

I think the only way Obama wins a second term is if he abolishes free elections, or let's the French vote

for US President.

Obama is already on course to be impeached if Congress can switch back to Republican control. Will Obama

go way, way too far?

But, the Republicans won't win with the same old tired nominees at the top of the party. It will be

a very new name that will have to come to the forefront, if the stodgy Republican national party can

get back to real American conservative values.

Once Obama's cap n' trade hits the average American family with $3100 dollars a year in added energy penalty taxes

on the amount of electricity they use... you watch every freakin tiny little molecule of bark fall off the ugly Obama tree.

Archived