THE BROWNS BOARD

Buckeyes in the Draft

Mr. T

How many Buckeyes do you see going into this year's NFL draft?

This is a great group of young ball players who have achieved a lot,

due to meltdowns in bowl games some want to treat them as second class.

Dont make that mistake!

The Ohio State University Buckeyes 2009 NFL Draft class:

Malcolm Jenkins

Chris "Beanie" Wells

James Laurinaitis "The Animal"

Brian Robiskie & Brian Hartline

Donald Washington, Marcus Freeman, Alex Boone, Nader Abdallah, Lawrence Wilson, Steve Rehring, Rory Nicol, A.J. Trapasso, Todd Boeckman, Maurice Wells.

Myself, I believe that the 2009 draft will prove to be one of the largest classes from Ohio State (which is saying an awful lot about the strength of this class). Being a Ohio State Homer, I can see possibly 10 to 13 Buckeyes being drafted.

Also, don't forget that there are some very talented four-year lettermen coming out of Ohio State this year. One or two of these may get selected as compensatory draft picks. At least expect most of these to get chances for NFL camps:

Shaun Lane, DB.

Jamario O’Neal, DB.

Nick Patterson, DB.

Ben Person, OG.

Ryan Pretorius, K.

Brandon Smith, FB/TE.

Curtis Terry, LB.

There could be the possibility of 3 maybe 4 in the first round, now that would look good for us. I hope we get freeman some how, and maybe Boeckman late late in the draft, who knows, he might be good. I think a smarter and better short game DA

I'm interested in O'neil as a FA. The guy grew and got big in his four years there and never lived up to the billing. I'd love to see him get a shot to come in and compete for added depth the safety position.

Buckeyes......40 NFL players. Third most in the NFL.

I'm interested in O'neil as a FA. The guy grew and got big in his four years there and never lived up to the billing. I'd love to see him get a shot to come in and compete for added depth the safety position.

Buckeyes......40 NFL players. Third most in the NFL.

O'Neal is way slow.

He was supposed to be a stud. I'd qualify him as a pretty big disappointment.

O'Neal is way slow.

He was supposed to be a stud. I'd qualify him as a pretty big disappointment.

Riffer, you really don't have a clue. The guy is a converted corner and is the fastest safety on the team. He was running a sub 4.5 40 time, I think his time coming to OSU was 4.45 but I'll get the official numbers for you. He may be right at 4.5 now.

I know he was at the OSU pro day so I'll get those numbers.

Slow had nothing to do with his playing time. His problem was tackling ability and the fact that he was at times in Tressel's doghouse.

>>How many Buckeyes do you see going into this year's NFL draft?>>

More UCONN Huskies will go on day one than will OSU Buckeyes.

And your point is? Wait, you have no point as OSU has the third most players in the NFL and still holds the record for most players taken in one draft.

And your point is? Wait, you have no point as OSU has the third most players in the NFL and still holds the record for most players taken in one draft.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz

PS What do I expect from an Indians fan?

Riffer, you really don't have a clue. The guy is a converted corner and is the fastest safety on the team. He was running a sub 4.5 40 time, I think his time coming to OSU was 4.45 but I'll get the official numbers for you. He may be right at 4.5 now.

I know he was at the OSU pro day so I'll get those numbers.

Slow had nothing to do with his playing time. His problem was tackling ability and the fact that he was at times in Tressel's doghouse.

O'Neal was considered very slow to react and came in figuring to be a huge contributor as a frosh. Face it, dude was a disappointment and couldn't even crack the starting lineup barring injuries. If ya can't start in college you're probably not going to play in the NFL. Most accounts were that he just didn't exhibit closing and reactionary speed. I've heard both Hooley and Lesmerises bring that up and he is also not bright, hence being in Jimmy T's doghouse.

You are in love with him as a recruit, not as a player.

O'Neal was considered very slow to react and came in figuring to be a huge contributor as a frosh. Face it, dude was a disappointment and couldn't even crack the starting lineup barring injuries. If ya can't start in college you're probably not going to play in the NFL. Most accounts were that he just didn't exhibit closing and reactionary speed. I've heard both Hooley and Lesmerises bring that up and he is also not bright, hence being in Jimmy T's doghouse.

You are in love with him as a recruit, not as a player.

Ok...I can understand the slow to react view....Just wouldn't accept the plain ol' slow view.

Actually, I liked him better as he developed at OSU. He got so much bigger and stronger. I saw him play for Mansfield senior before he transfered and was unimpressed.

I just think I'd look at him as a FA. You never know what NFL cvoaches may be able to do for him.

Ok...I can understand the slow to react view....Just wouldn't accept the plain ol' slow view.

Actually, I liked him better as he developed at OSU. He got so much bigger and stronger. I saw him play for Mansfield senior before he transfered and was unimpressed.

I just think I'd look at him as a FA. You never know what NFL cvoaches may be able to do for him.

He's definitely worth a look. Hell, they brought in Brandon Mitchell last year later in camp if you remember, and he sucked bad. I watched him at camp and he didn't belong there.

At least O'Neal had athleticism and hometown roots, so he would sign a UDFA contract for cheap (that does matter......Phillip taught me that). I also like that O'Neal came up a corner and has the ability to be versatile like he was at OSU. Good coaching could make a difference, but I tend to believe guys either have instincts or they don't, and he was a notorious example of someone who didn't in college, albeit behind some pretty good players.

In order of what u have listed, I would take the players in this order: (and this from a PSU fan!):

Beanie Wells - has the most upside of any of the OSU players I think

Malcom Jenkins - too slow?

Lauranitis - Another Hawk or Katzenmoyer? Dunno...

Robiskie - nice hands, not blazing speed. Good character guy.

Hartline - personally, I dont want him period. I think the kid is a punk. But at least I didnt see him get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in his own scrimmage game.

Malcom Jenkins

Combine Results

Combine Invite: Yes

Height: 6001

Weight: 204

40 Yrd Dash: 4.51

20 Yrd Dash: 2.62

10 Yrd Dash: 1.47 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15

Vertical Jump: 33

Broad Jump: 10'04"

20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.08 some coaches note this as a players in game 40 time

3-Cone Drill: 6.59

Pro Day Results

Dates: 03/13/09

Height: 6001

Weight: 204

40 Yrd Dash: 4.55

20 Yrd Dash: 2.62

10 Yrd Dash: 1.53

40 Time: 4.51 40 Low: 4.40 40 High: 4.64

Projected Round: 1 Stock: High: 5-12 Low: Mid 1

Rated number 1 out of 226 CB's

Send me your address and I will send you one baked crow to eat.

Who said he was to slow?

I would be happy with him as a first round pick, this young man can flat out play. If you watched his highlight video you will notice he has a very fast change of direction and great recognition skills.

Of the five players listed, three of them are noted as being slow (Hartline, Robiskie, Jenkins) and a fourth is noted as being sluggish and deliberate by our own draft expert, Aloysius (Laurinitis).

Gee, I wonder where all the "the big 10 is slow" stuff comes from? Maybe people that know football?

Funny enough, of course we've got people in this thread that is literally labled "for OSU homers" denying that the Big 10 is slow.

Watch out now, one of the OSU homer admins is soon to make a thread about "name-calling" and sticky it for talking about their babies the OSU Buckeyes

Of the five players listed, three of them are noted as being slow (Hartline, Robiskie, Jenkins) and a fourth is noted as being sluggish and deliberate by our own draft expert, Aloysius (Laurinitis).

Gee, I wonder where all the "the big 10 is slow" stuff comes from? Maybe people that know football?

Funny enough, of course we've got people in this thread that is literally labled "for OSU homers" denying that the Big 10 is slow.

Watch out now, one of the OSU homer admins is soon to make a thread about "name-calling" and sticky it for talking about their babies the OSU Buckeyes

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Go away flamer....that is all you are good for.

Nothing but an internet tough guy.

Dude, seems to me any time a Buckeye discussion is brought up you come flying around to run your mouth and act like a hardass.

Basically, you come across as the board bitteman, to be sure my man. You are definitley not a happy guy, as you chase people around the board trying to antagonize them like you just did Shep.

It's funny when you do it to Pukers, but I gotta say I think you got more hate built up in your ass than Lums does for Quinn.

What else you want to bitch about Big Bad Dawg the Bounty Hunter? Maybe you should go after Ilgauskas and take your pent up miserable frustrations out on him.

You're a choad, plain and simple tough guy. 80% of your posts are nothing but bitter attacks on someone or something like you're friggen Bob Feller. What are you, like 80?

Go eff yourself dude. Or better yet, get a life and find someone else to bitch at constantly. Miserable man you are tough one.

I nominate Dawg the Badass Mofoing Bounty Hunter as the board's most kickass poster who will eff you up.

LMAO at you!!!! Fooking douchebag. Go away, everybody will be better off. Either that, or quit the drinking or the meds or whatever it is that has you pissed off like a little bitch all the time BITCH. I live in Akron, come see me sometime and I'll give you my address if you want it there big bad.

ROTMFFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree Riff with your assesment on DTBH, however he is right in this case. The Big Ten is as slow as they come, which is why the SEC will always hand them their asses in a bowl game.

Doesn't matter who is right, this ahole is the most miserable poster we got and the only thing that makes him happy is putting someone down or acting like a hardass.

Just watch him, almost all his posts he acts like a mad little bitch. He needs called out, nobody likes an internet toughie.

Desert Dawg thinks this guy has anger problems.

i agree Riff with your assesment on DTBH, however he is right in this case. The Big Ten is as slow as they come, which is why the SEC will always hand them their asses in a bowl game.

Don't lend the guy credence. He didn't write about it for the sake of discussion. He did it to flame.

He's become a Dbag as Riffer so eloquently put it.

Oh without a doubt he did it to flame, that's all the guy does is flame. He'd flame Mr. Rogers if he came in contact with him.

But just because the motives are F'd up doesn't mean he can't something true.

He's a sweetmeat.

Probably got his ass kicked his entire life.

Well everybody has their own favorite college conference. Some guys get the wood on for one guy and they are blined afterwards. example Lumpbergh.

Archived