THE BROWNS BOARD

We're already in a serious Constitutional crisis... just wait... if higgardly gets elected..

calfoxwc

And why is this happening, because this country and the populace has been filled with people who don't give a shit about politics and how our government runs. They don't understand how the branches of the government is too work and where the power belongs. Political and government ignorance abounds two-fold throughout this country. I remember my daughter taking American Government and she would ask questions, and then I would show her how Washington is usurping their power based on what she is being taught. And the teachers don't seem to challenging anything going on in current politics verses what they are teaching.

I remember taking government and we would always parallel what was being taught with what was happening. It helped make sense.

Our problem is not enough people care or care enough to want to know. When I tell people that Washington and SCOTUS are making decisions that should be left up to the state and the people to vote, they almost always have nothing to say in disagreement because they either didn't know that or completely forgot how our system is to work.

Well if the crooked old who wins I figure bite the bullet on Merrick Garland before January. He's not perfect but I never thought he was all that bad considering...

Under that circumstance plus a Dem majority in the Senate, don't you see his nomination being withdrawn? Like on Nov 9th?

When I tell people that Washington and SCOTUS are making decisions that should be left up to the state and the people to vote, they almost always have nothing to say in disagreement because they either didn't know that or completely forgot how our system is to work.

Depending upon the decisions you chose as your examples, it could be that those "people" are just being nice.

Maybe Obama would snake his guy out...

Snake?

I think he might leave it for HRC just as a "be careful what you wish for" lesson to the Pubs. The outgoing President just might want to serve as a Justice.

Having the dems nominate Obama for SCOTUS, even (and especially!) if they withdraw it a day later, just to troll the republicans, would absolutely be the funniest thing ever.

... with the exception of confirming him.

nazi birds of a feather flock together.

More of a Mussolini guy yourself?

I don't think Obama loves the Clintons, I think he just forced into licking her ass because of the party.

Far more practical... Trump would undo much, if not all, of what Obama has accomplished; HRC will not. While you may see that undoing as a good thing, you should be able to appreciate that our current President would not be too crazy about that.

And FWIW... as you may recall I have always believed Trump's sole interest in running was out of spite for the beating Obama handed him at the White House correspondents dinner.

Depending upon the decisions you chose as your examples, it could be that those "people" are just being nice.

So, I'm wrong, and they don't respond because they are nice? Where the constitution is silent, the states decide. That's the law of the land and how it should be.

More of a Mussolini guy yourself?

Far more practical... Trump would undo much, if not all, of what Obama has accomplished; HRC will not. While you may see that undoing as a good thing, you should be able to appreciate that our current President would not be too crazy about that.

And FWIW... as you may recall I have always believed Trump's sole interest in running was out of spite for the beating Obama handed him at the White House correspondents dinner.

Accomplished? Are you talking about the klusterfuk we call Obamacare and she now calls Hillarycare? Or perhaps greasing the skids for Iran to go nuclear? How about pushing race relations further into the swamp than they've ever been?

I'm having a problem making a list from the Glorious Legacy. Help me out.

WSS

oh, that's just crazy. I can't take you serously anymore.

Beat you to it...

So, I'm wrong, and they don't respond because they are nice? Where the constitution is silent, the states decide. That's the law of the land and how it should be.

Raised it as a possibility. A possibility plausibly confirmed by your, "So, I'm wrong," opening which says you may not present yourself as being open to other views.

And no need to quote the constitution to me... or more precisely the Bill of Rights' Tenth Amendment.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

When you say, "this or that decision should be left to the states because of the Tenth", you are stating your opinion. Nothing wrong with that, but it is possible you are mistaking your audience's silence with agreement.

What was the topic?

Accomplished? Are you talking about the klusterfuk we call Obamacare and she now calls Hillarycare? Or perhaps greasing the skids for Iran to go nuclear? How about pushing race relations further into the swamp than they've ever been?

I'm having a problem making a list from the Glorious Legacy. Help me out.

Sure... which way did you come in? On a serious note I predicted your disagreement, didn't I.

Obamacare:

For starters start collecting the penalties and plow them into expanded subsidies for those caught in the huge rate jumps. Take the best of the "replace" program... whatever that is... and modify Obamacare... AKA fix it.

The "fix it" argument is mocked by the right, but every major Federal program has in fact been modified over time. Social Security added a Disability Trust. Medicare Part D's "doughnut hole" was closed by Obamacare. Welfare, food stamps, on and on...

Iran Nukes:

The only path it is currently on is one to a peaceful program... a right of every sovereign country BTW... under the watchful eye of the IAEA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/03/u-n-watchdog-iran-nuclear-deal-appears-to-be-working-so-far-but-inspectors-are-stretched/

Contrast this with the failed history of constraining North Korea's program.

Race Relations:

I am unaware of any statistical evidence to support your "deeper into the swamp" claim, but if it exists, then you are backing the wrong candidate to reverse that trend.

So you would prefer to call it eliminating big chunks of Obamacare and replacing it with something that works, which it doesn't work now, is just tinkering? Please.

Bending over for the Iranians the way Jimmy Carter bent over for the Koreans and pretending that it's cool because some ineffectual bunch of jerk offs is overseeing their nuclear program is actually laughable. Who's in charge of that, Hans Blix?

Statistics? To prove that race relations are getting shittier and shittier? G-wiz bud, I guess you could watch the news once in awhile. Maybe there's a station that isn't dedicated to pimping Hillary 24/7.

And if I'm back in the wrong candidate as far as race relations go I'm at a loss to figure out what Donald Trump has done to piss off the black community. I understand how Hillary and the Democrats pacify them. But that's been non productive so far.

WSS

Call the new health care "ReplacementCare" or "TrumpCare" if it makes you feel better, but the only way insurance is affordable for all is if the pool of insured is big enough. And since Trump has stated he does not want to see exclusions for pre-existing conditions removed, a major feature of Obamacare, the pool has to get bigger.

Bending over is your perception. But as I just wrote in another thread (you'll see it), our abandoning the "deal" will have no impact.

I have stats on race crimes... have posted them before. The slight uptick you are anecdotally detecting "from the news" is insignificant compared to the drop over the last decade.

Opinions on candidates are moot now... we shall see. But I will grant you that if everyone becomes rich and successful in the next four years, you are likely correct.

Sadly our communication divide seems to be deepening, Steve. At least that's my anecdotal take...

Call the new health care "ReplacementCare" or "TrumpCare" if it makes you feel better, but the only way insurance is affordable for all is if the pool of insured is big enough. And since Trump has stated he does not want to see exclusions for pre-existing conditions removed, a major feature of Obamacare, the pool has to get bigger.

Trump has also suggested he wants the federal government to negotiate drug prices, which would be another expansion.

So Tour, what you are saying is it there's nothing that can be done about health care to improve the system and that Obamacare is the pinnacle solution? Well if it's as good as it can possibly ever be right now eliminating it would be a big mistake. If not...

(That would mean anyone who thinks that there are possible improvements are fools correct?)

You tell me there's been no change and race relations? Okay but it seems to most people who watch the news but there are riots and looting on a weekly basis. How about this conspiracy theory... There really is no difference but the liberal media runs the store is with more Vigor to keep the Democrat base worked up?

I don't suppose everyone will become rich and prosperous, because the difference between rich and prosperous people and bums isn't going to change.

And a big part of this election has nothing to do with what will or won't change it's about people who are grumpy and expect a change in government to make a difference. Every few years they realize it didn'the and blame the party in power for not making them Rich tall good-looking strong and clever.

(of course Hillary's promise to make everyone equal no less ridiculous wouldn't you say?)

The deal would be a great thing if you trust the Iranians.

If you do that could be part of the communication devide.

:)

WSS

... and the divide grows wider...

Oh well. Think of it this way when Iran finishes their nuclear weapons if you're lucky it will happen under Donald Trump's watch.

Then you can blame him instead of the past 8 years that have led up to it and made it possible. That's how it works on the front page isn't it?

WSS

Oh well. Think of it this way when Iran finishes their nuclear weapons if you're lucky it will happen under Donald Trump's watch.

Then you can blame him instead of the past 8 years that have led up to it and made it possible. That's how it works on the front page isn't it?

WSS

That's how it worked with Obama...

Archived