THE BROWNS BOARD

Far more millenials voted for Trump than the Witch thought would be

calfoxwc

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/11/16/more-millennials-came-out-to-vote-for-donald-trump-than-expected/

There's hope for us yet. Not all millenials are limp-wristed, twisted beaks birdbrains.

Many of them are Real Americans.

I'm wondering, it will probably be more than one or two election Cycles but sooner or later Millennials, who might lean towards liberalism because they are young, might start to turn right as they grow a bit. I know we in the baby boom Generation did.

Just in general I think we hated Richard Nixon and liked Jimmy Carter but were greatly disappointed in him and the ideology of his party. Then we were on board with Ronald Reagan.

WSS

I'm wondering, it will probably be more than one or two election Cycles but sooner or later Millennials, who might lean towards liberalism because they are young, might start to turn right as they grow a bit. I know we in the baby boom Generation did.

Just in general I think we hated Richard Nixon and liked Jimmy Carter but were greatly disappointed in him and the ideology of his party. Then we were on board with Ronald Reagan.

WSS

Spot on.

Winston Churchill said (maybe..they are not sure who actually said it...still true though):

If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain

When the republican party moves away from hammering on about repealing roe vs wade, repealing gay marriage and all the stuff that millennials essentially take as obvious, they'll have a much better chance at drawing some of those voters in. And that's probably what will happen in 20 years, and it's probably similar to what happened when people of Steve's generation magically changed from being liberal to being conservative, when in the 1950's being conservative meant being pro-segregation etc.

When the republican party moves away from hammering on about repealing roe vs wade, repealing gay marriage and all the stuff that millennials essentially take as obvious, they'll have a much better chance at drawing some of those voters in. And that's probably what will happen in 20 years, and it's probably similar to what happened when people of Steve's generation magically changed from being liberal to being conservative, when in the 1950's being conservative meant being pro-segregation etc.

Thank you.

Millennials won't become conservative. The ideas they've always held will just seem conservative compared to newer, more liberal ideas.

If anyone thinks millennials will all of a sudden be against gay marriage, they're an idiot.

Those millennials grew nauseated with hillary. And in trump was at least on the surface a seemingly moderate stomacheable republican even if he was an ignoramus. Trump takes a hard right or somehow quits or is impeached and pence takes over....watch what happens in 4 years.

The first party that truly gets that we're not that conservative and we're not that liberal either....

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/11/16/more-millennials-came-out-to-vote-for-donald-trump-than-expected/

There's hope for us yet. Not all millenials are limp-wristed, twisted beaks birdbrains.

Many of them are Real Americans.

Oh, how cute. You think they voted for Trump because they're conservative like you.

Awwwweeee.

Will Chris I'm 63 and kind of at the ass end of the Baby Boomers. Anyway we were all very very liberal when we were college kids as many college kids are. As years go by we start to get disenchanted with the left whom we saw as morally Superior at one time but found out were dishonest opportunists. That's my transition path.

The segregation of the fifties really doesn't mean much to us and we are all fine with it being a thing of the past.

One episode I remember was a rallying point set up buy a couple students a Jewish guy, who's about the least Jewish kind of guy you could imagine, and his roommate an African American.

These guys had lots of people on campus worked up over the claim that white supremacist broke into their dorm room and vandalized the place. As it turned out they did it themselves to get people to donateat to their fund.

We had a little quasi political group in high School and were invited to a symposium at one of those antiwar churches. Our table was next to the SDS so we thought we were pretty cool. We thought the SDS guy was cool because he had a gun. Thinking back when you grow out of that adolescent mind-set it becomes more clear that a lot of people are just assholes.

By the way I'm pro-choice but I certainly see there's a discussion, a valid discussion, between people who think it should be outlawed from conception and people think it's cool any time for any reason. As far as gay marriage Etc that train has left the station. Hopefully reparations for slavery was on that train.

WSS

Plus we had a real issue to worry about, the war in Vietnam and a very distinct chance we could be drafted and sent over there to die in a fucking jungle for no fucking reason.

Kids still love to act out it's just that their causes like supporting Sanctuary cities etcetera seem a little weak in comparison.

WSS

As I understand it, the vietnam war was fairly unilaterally supported, so how did that shape which party you wanted to vote for?

Like I said my friend we were kids. The left told us to blame Nixon and we did. I think we expected him to pull out immediately because of the secret plan and as time went by we feel betrayed.

And more than loving the Democrats we were Enchanted by the anti-war candidates.

Kind of like the invasion of Iraq, right?

WSS

The GOP has to give up the social conservative Bible thumping ideas. People will grow up to be more fiscally conservative, but they won't be more socially conservative.

Trump is a good step, as long as nobody talks about Pence.

This is very true. Trump has been socially, very left. From a government size, power, economy taxes standpoint I would imagine that he would lean right. How can you be a big business and WANT more government control?

This is very true. Trump has been socially, very left. From a government size, power, economy taxes standpoint I would imagine that he would lean right. How can you be a big business and WANT more government control?

You can want to ensure an even playing field, so that things aren't easier and cheaper to produce elsewhere and you get undercut; you can want to make sure that all companies are playing by the same rules when it comes to tax and that it's actually enforced; you can want to hold other companies accountable when they say things like "buy our product, the other one is shitty and breaks after 5 minutes" when it's clearly untrue.

The GOP has to give up the social conservative Bible thumping ideas. People will grow up to be more fiscally conservative, but they won't be more socially conservative.

Would Trump have won the GOP nomination if he hadn't switched his position on abortion from pro choice to pro life? No way.

Pence proved his worth in the debate with Kaine where he destroyed Kaine in the VP debate.

Company i used work for, unbeknownst to me, was dumping industrial solvent into the sewers and just got busted for it. I hope they get donged before trump takes over cause id hate to think companies would be emboldened by the orange homo to think this is cool again. I am fiscally more conservative but why are regulations meant to cut out that kind of bullshit corporate abuse of tje environment and our health...considered liberal govt overreach?

When trump talks of deregging corporate anerica this is exactly the kind of abuses that will "skyrocket". Thats not hyperbole, all these little manufacturing companies are rubbing their filthy paws together at the prospect of saving a few hundred bucks a year to mot gavebto properly dispose of some of their hazardous chems. That happens and trump is fail, id vote hillary in over him in 20 just for that....but she's done so thankfully it wont come to that. If they run a chimp against him though im all in for mr bojangles

Would Trump have won the GOP nomination if he hadn't switched his position on abortion from pro choice to pro life. No way.

Trump did the age old lip service to the evangelicals and has zero plan of actually doing anything about abortion. No politician will but they keep falling for it because it is their one issue.

We will never know if Trump's stance change caused him to win. For all anyone knows, Christians still would have chosen Trump for the same reasons they looked passed him being the "grab them by the pussy" guy.

Trump did the age old lip service to the evangelicals and has zero plan of actually doing anything about abortion. No politician will but they keep falling for it because it is their one issue.

We will never know if Trump's stance change caused him to win. For all anyone knows, Christians still would have chosen Trump for the same reasons they looked passed him being the "grab them by the pussy" guy.

Trump could literally have said "I don't like Jesus. Real men don't get crucified" and some "christians" would still have picked him because he's not Hillary.

Since Roe v Wade no congress or president will make a law that abortion is illegal and they cannot because of the Supreme Court. The problem with Roe v Wade and even pro abortion attorneys will admit this is the Supreme Court totally made up a ruling to support the decision with nothing in the constitution to back them up. So the hope is getting constitutional justices appointed who could overturn Roe v Wade. Other than congress trying to place some restrictions on late term abortions or partial birth abortion and other aspects that is all they can do.

Do republicans play games on issues such as abortion as a wedge issue to get votes. Absolutely which is why I consider myself a conservative and not a republican. For example we have a republican president, republican Senate and a republican House and let's see if Planned Parenthood gets de-funded?

Trump could literally have said "I don't like Jesus. Real men don't get crucified" and some "christians" would still have picked him because he's not Hillary.

It's always the lesser of two evils for me. A pro choice Trump would have been a bridge too far though even against Hillary Clinton. I would have written in a candidate. I have no doubt millions of other Christians would do the same and Trump didn't have millions of votes to spare in this election as he may not even have won the popular vote.

Would Trump have won the GOP nomination if he hadn't switched his position on abortion from pro choice to pro life? No way.

Pence proved his worth in the debate with Kaine where he destroyed Kaine in the VP debate.

No, but when millennials become the majority things will be different.

He really wasn't my choice. But given A or B.... and A is

> than B by a huge margin..

I voted for A happily.

Stop the corruption, protect our Constitution (especially 2nd Amendment), stop

the do nothing game playing and cowering in fear of the extreme leftwing marxist brownshirt

obaMaoTseTongue sombeitch.

Trump, with warts, was the ONLY choice to save our country from ruin. The mindless left can take their

glorious vision of world conquest and shove it.

No, but when millennials become the majority things will be different.

If the special snowflakes I see on college campuses today with their safe spaces and PC lunacy are the future of the country we are in deep serious trouble.

And then this, from the University of Michigan :D : "There was a steady flow of students entering Ms. Boynton's office Wednesday. They spent the day sprawled around the center, playing with Play-Doh and coloring in coloring books, as they sought comfort and distraction."

college-students-hide-from-trump-in-safe

That you "see in college campuses", or that you read about on right biased websites?

The burning desire of some on here to paint all of college with a brush of the worst parts of liberal arts in attempt to discredit academics never gets old ...

Between you, me, ed, cysko, osiris, basically everyone else under 40 that could maybe called millennials, is anyone actually anything close to an arts major? Like, English lit, languages, humanities, anything like that?

That you "see in college campuses", or that you read about on right biased websites?

The burning desire of some on here to paint all of college with a brush of the worst parts of liberal arts in attempt to discredit academics never gets old ...

Sorry Woody it is what it is. I could post links of this type of lunacy on college campuses all day long:

From a Course on Miley Cyrus to ‘Identity-Based Housing,’ Examples of Lunacy on College Campuses

http://dailysignal.com/2016/08/24/from-a-course-on-miley-cyrus-to-identity-based-housing-examples-of-lunacy-on-college-campuses/

College Campus Lunacy

https://www.creators.com/read/walter-williams/08/16/college-campus-lunacy

2015’s most absurd examples of liberal lunacy on college campuses

https://www.allenbwest.com/analytical-economist/2015s-most-absurd-examples-of-liberal-lunacy-on-college-campuses

The Lunacy of Universities

https://steemit.com/writing/@davewmcdowell/the-lunacy-of-universities

Behold, the Lunacy of the Modern University

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/17356/

I'm not saying it doesn't exist. Just that:

- you aren't "seeing" it. Sites that know their audience are finding it, making it look a little worse, and getting you to click on it

- this isn't the norm throughout college academics. Using this to discredit the institution as a whole doesn't work.

- I'm sure I could dig through those links and pick out what's incorrect or not even that bad.

Archived