THE BROWNS BOARD

question...

calfoxwc

why is it, that burning our American Flag is "free speech"...

but liberal America haters deem anything we say that annoys/"offends"

is pc "hate speech" that is illegal?

the asswhole liberals want to make disagreeing with mmgw illegal.

I suppose if a group burns a rainbow gay flag, or a blm flag in front of

a bunch of gays or blm activists.... that is supposed to be "free speech" too?

it's marxist self-serving hypocritical posturing. they think they have the right to

rant offensively, because THEY believe they are right.

But anyone who disagrees with them, and believes their disagreement is right...

had better STFU because they are wrong, per the leftists, and they should never

say anything to "offend" the left. They go legal somehow, falsely, to get you.

They'll try to ruin you one way or another.

How it got to this point, I don't know.

Well, they can call it "evil murder man speech" but no matter what you say (outside of outright threats of murder) should be free speech. Likewise, they can be jerkoffs and burn flags and people can adamantly inform them of the fact that they are jerkoffs.

yep. It does seem that burning our country's flag is jane fonda traitorish, though.

and designed to deliberately provoke and offend. "inciting to riot" comes to mind...

but it's sad that anybody wants to destroy the flag - burn down America while they're at it?

yep. It does seem that burning our country's flag is jane fonda traitorish, though.

and designed to deliberately provoke and offend. "inciting to riot" comes to mind...

but it's sad that anybody wants to destroy the flag - burn down America while they're at it?

I think they just think it is 'cool' to the other dummies they hang with. They are never around friends/family who would slap the shit out of them for doing it and instruct them that they can be pissed through other avenues.

Ill agree with cal on this one. You cant advocate for allowing one thing and not the other. It should all be "legal", flag burning and all....but if a company catches wind you did something or said something that doesnt fit with their corporate image well then tough. That woman who called michelle an ape in heels is gone, buh bye. And she's gonna find it tough to get decent employment cause that shit will follow her. Thats howvits supposed to work

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/11/29/flashback-that-time-when-clinton-wanted-to-jail-people-for-flag-burning-n2252411

Hopefully the left will keep making Heroes of these scumbags that burn the flag praise dictators around the world and bond with the BLM gang that calls for more Dead Cops. Then they can sit around with their wine and cheese watching MSNBC and wondering why they lost.

WSS

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/should-climate-change-deniers-be-prosecuted-378652%3Famp%3D1

The party that thinks it should he illegal to deny climate change is losing their minds over the prospect of flag-burning being illegal. You can't make this up. Think of all the hydrocarbon released every time the flag is burned :D

Publishing known incorrect or very skewed data in an attempt to sway public policy to help your company should be punished. No different than making false claims about your product.

If you burn a flag to incite violence, sure. If you burn a flag just to make a statement, who cares?

"Fags are evil. Burn them" would incite violence.

Publishing known incorrect or very skewed data in an attempt to sway public policy to help your company should be punished. No different than making false claims about your product.

If you burn a flag to incite violence, sure. If you burn a flag just to make a statement, who cares?

Clearly YOU don't care because you were never obliged to salute the flag or rally around it somewhere like Gettysburg or Normandy or Iwo Jima. The only flag you've ever rallied around was probably related to your clan on world of warcraft.

A. I'd say that would include just about every instance of advertising known to man. Mostly because of the skewed evidence part.

B. Is it logical to believe the defiling the American flag, the same one draped over the casket of many of our loved ones, might be considered something that would incite violence? Do you think the Westboro Baptist Church, one of your favorite targets, is guilty of inspiring others to want to beat the living s*** out of them? And I would guess that includes you me cal Cleve Logic Die Hard 1 Post maybe even peace-loving Chris?

WSS

Clearly YOU don't care because you were never obliged to salute the flag or rally around it somewhere like Gettysburg or Normandy or Iwo Jima. The only flag you've ever rallied around was probably related to your clan on world of warcraft.

Wow, someone got a little pissy here, huh?

I've never played WoW, FYI

You getting worked up over this really doesn't provide anything to support your side.

A. I'd say that would include just about every instance of advertising known to man. Mostly because of the skewed evidence part.

B. Is it logical to believe the defiling the American flag, the same one draped over the casket of many of our loved ones, might be considered something that would incite violence? Do you think the Westboro Baptist Church, one of your favorite targets, is guilty of inspiring others to want to beat the living s*** out of them? And I would guess that includes you me cal Cleve Logic Die Hard 1 Post maybe even peace-loving Chris?

WSS

I haven't mentioned the WBC in literally months. I have no idea how long it's been.... but I know you need to throw in something to discredit the person you're responding to.

There are already laws against inviting violence. It doesn't matter if a flag was burned.

I haven't mentioned the WBC in literally months. I have no idea how long it's been.... but I know you need to throw in something to discredit the person you're responding to.

There are already laws against inviting violence. It doesn't matter if a flag was burned.

Heh you went to the WBC well quite a few times before you got called out for being repetitious. But answer the question wouldn't you like to see the Marines friends and family attending the funeral go over and beat their ass?

WSS

Before the trademark cal rambling and ranting, there's actually a good question in there. Burning the american flag - assuming there's the usual 'burning anything' restrictions that would apply, should there be extra punishment for burning the flag? I would say no, instinctively, but when you look at it in the light of it being hate speech it becomes a different beast.

Undoubtedly people like cal and plenty of others here are offended by such actions, and without doubt it will be done sometimes with the sole intention of pissing people off. Of course there will also be times where it's done as a direct protest to the government, and conceptually that should not be prohibited, but there are plenty of other ways to protest the government.

The reason I would instinctively say no is because you don't want to end up like north korea or wherever where natiolism creeps in to legislation, so it's illegal to burn the flag, then illegal to disrespect the flag, then illegal not to display the flag - hey, it's a slippery slope! You get what I mean I'm sure.

So, burning the flag in itself *shouldn't* be illegal as an act on its own, *but* it should certainly be the case that doing so could constitute inciting violence or whatever. In the same way the burning a rainbow flag in your basement for whatever reasons shouldn't be illegal but doing so outside a gay bar would have the same consequences.

Same goes for flags of other countries, or, for example, the confederate flag.

Basically, don't be an asshole to other people.

It was illegal at one time and narrowly found unconstitutional. Hillary Clinton herself called for laws against it.

By the way Chris I agree with the last sentence in your statement but had to chuckle when you said that sometimes it might be a case of trying to piss people off. Are you kidding? It's always meant to piss people off.

Now I might be incorrect but hasn't there been recent legislation in England criminalizing uncivil speech?

WSS

Archived