THE BROWNS BOARD

Danny Shelton has his mind right - one of the most brilliant NT's getting a rep

calfoxwc

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Danny-Shelton-got-his-mind-right-now-one-of-the-leagues-best/1923b64d-2020-4123-a081-f69556bea566

This is a great reason to decide to be upbeat about this team. We've never had a giant

NT that is getting to be very highly respected around the league. I was watching Tailgate 19,

and Bernie Kosar was mentioning, after a grounds crew guy was running past the tunnel

when a team came out, and got plastered... that at the Jets Browns Alumni whatever,

he almost had the same thing happen to him at halftime - by Danny Shelton.

One...of...the....league's ...best.

Seems like only yesterday when this 12th pick was labelled a bust... wait... it was yesterday... in forum years. Not to mention the pundits that said we reached, over-drafted, etc., etc.

Speaks to not only the player, but at least one position coach on our staff.

Lavalava stock is rising...

He'll impress me more when he's not a part of the league's worst defense. It is nice to see him improving though......... I guess it really can be done on this team.

Who knew?

Seems like only yesterday when this 12th pick was labelled a bust... wait... it was yesterday... in forum years. Not to mention the pundits that said we reached, over-drafted, etc., etc.

....I'll be sportin' my Lavalava next Sunday vs the Bungals.

Never a doubt in my mind Danny would do well.

Mike

Even a blind squirrel - as they say

Except in Texas where it's "blind hog"...

....I'll be sporhttp://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45034&do=findComment&comment=660214tin' my Lavalava next Sunday vs the Bungals.

Never a doubt in my mind Danny would do well.

As a former wearer of "Plus Fours", AKA "knickers", for golf tourneys...

As much as I admire your adventurous fashion flare... I have to deduct points for wearing it over pants... at least in Summer.

Winter? Less points deducted...

Except in Texas where it's "blind hog"...

As a former wearer of "Plus Fours", AKA "knickers", for golf tourneys...

As much as I admire your adventurous fashion flare... I have to deduct points for wearing it over pants... at least in Summer.

Winter? Less points deducted...

But Tour, I DO wear it over shorts in warm weather. In cold Ohio winter weather, I wear it over pants & feel there should be NO points deducted. After all, at age 70, I AM less tolerant of the cold! ;)

Mike

But Tour, I DO wear it over shorts in warm weather. In cold Ohio winter weather, I wear it over pants & feel there should be NO points deducted. After all, at age 70, I AM less tolerant of the cold! ;)

lol... and when I attend a 2017 game, I will join you... likely wearing my new Lavalava over my knickers...

Do Lavalavas come in argyle?

Would like to see more tackles but making progress.

If ur an opposing oc rigjt now you're either running way off away from him or ur running a trap right at him in the gamble that the lb'ets dont fill the right gap, which in prior years is exactly what happened...its gotten better this year with demario here.

You have to judge a position like sheltons at how disruptive he is. Even the worst offense in football can negate one good player. Defense is a team effort, if they're attacking one playerbthe others have to make the plays that are given to them or the gamble works. How many times did we see kruger either completely cut loose or guarded by some bench riding TE? And he still wasnt making many plays, thats been the problem here for years now.

lol... and when I attend a 2017 game, I will join you... likely wearing my new Lavalava over my knickers...

Do Lavalavas come in argyle?

I believe that would be a special order item from "Angus MacBrown's Custom Lavalavas & All Things Samoan". Sorry, couldn't find a link.

Mike

If ur an opposing oc rigjt now you're either running way off away from him or ur running a trap right at him in the gamble that the lb'ets dont fill the right gap, which in prior years is exactly what happened...its gotten better this year with demario here.

You have to judge a position like sheltons at how disruptive he is. Even the worst offense in football can negate one good player. Defense is a team effort, if they're attacking one playerbthe others have to make the plays that are given to them or the gamble works. How many times did we see kruger either completely cut loose or guarded by some bench riding TE? And he still wasnt making many plays, thats been the problem here for years now.

Needless to say, the same problem exists on our o-line. There's one huge mistake- guess who? and a couple other smaller ones. Teams aren't even bothering challenging Joe Thomas- they don't have to.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Danny-Shelton-got-his-mind-right-now-one-of-the-leagues-best/1923b64d-2020-4123-a081-f69556bea566

This is a great reason to decide to be upbeat about this team. We've never had a giant

NT that is getting to be very highly respected around the league. I was watching Tailgate 19,

and Bernie Kosar was mentioning, after a grounds crew guy was running past the tunnel

when a team came out, and got plastered... that at the Jets Browns Alumni whatever,

he almost had the same thing happen to him at halftime - by Danny Shelton.

One...of...the....league's ...best.

You must be too young to remember Bob Golic and MD Perry. They were pretty good too.

Pretty sure Golic was a true 3-4 NT... very sure MDP was not. He was a 4-3 DT...

Also very sure cal is not "too young"...

I think that's called a kilt, no?

Maxi-kilt?

Hopefully some of our rookies will come along in year 2 the way Shelton has this year.

Archived