THE BROWNS BOARD

Another usless rant about the lack of Harrison

Roy.E.Munson

J. Harrison 5 att 48yrd

Almost ten yards a carry and we bench him!

He complimented Jamal very nice... better yet Jamal complimented Harrison very nice.

That was stupid!

They moved the ball so great when he was in the game and they bench him!

He even drove back the D-Line up the middle!

The kid has "IT" And Dumb Ass Romeo Crenelephant just doesn't get it!

Before your Retards start to blast me about how he is not an every down back... He is not undersized.... he is bigger than warrick dunn and Westbrook... and always get CHUNKS of yards!

We are doing ourselves a disfavor by not playing him!

I cant take it!

We finally got Quinn in .... now put in Harrison for at least 15- 20 carries and lets see what he has got.

Untill we do that all you nay sayers sound just as stupid as Lumberg saying we shouldn't play Quinn!

Nice to see someone take up the torch. I gave up bitching about Harrison last year, just like I gave up bitching about not getting cribbs involved with the offense. Finally getting a little of both.

I don't know if Harrison will make a good full time back but I am more than willing to see him give lewis a few breathers during the course of the game.

This is where I'm not sure RAC plays too much into the politics of football instead of being a tougher head coach.

No rb wants to share carries. Jamal even said it when he came to town. That's cool. It's the right attitude to have. Reasons are

A; needs to keep the numbers up so he can keep his salary up, and... Well, I think that covers it.

Because I don't know why we don't see Harrison a little more than we currently do I have to deal with the questions in my head. Such as, "Is RAC not playing Harrison because he thinks he has to keep JL happy?" If there is even the smallest bit of truth in that, .... as if I needed more evidence as to why I wanted Romeo run out of town

Guest ATENEARS

I was against giving Harrison more carries when Jamal Lewis was still doing some good work for us last season and we were still considering ourselves for a long hual into post season. But now the rest of the season is just preparing for next season, so sit jamal and Willie McGinest the hell down and let's see what younger players can do.

I'm all for featuring Harrison. I'm on-board ... what can it hurt?

Srrreeeeaaccchhhhhhhhh!!!!! Hold on a second, Gulp, I guess it can hurt if he missed a blocking assignment and boy wonder gets blasted. We still need the question answered, "Is he still struggling picking up blocking assignments and blocking fundamentals?" It seems like we are a few years removed from that myth about Harrison ... anyone know or have evidence that this is no longer a valid concern?

But now the rest of the season is just preparing for next season, so sit jamal and Willie McGinest the hell down and let's see what younger players can do.

Srrreeeeaaccchhhhhhhhh!!!!! Hold on a second, Gulp, I guess it can hurt if he missed a blocking assignment and boy wonder gets blasted. We still need the question answered, "Is he still struggling picking up blocking assignments and blocking fundamentals?" It seems like we are a few years removed from that myth about Harrison ... anyone know or have evidence that this is no longer a valid concern?

First off, I DON'T think Harrison should be "the only back playing"...Just put him in more. Also, I think any decent offensive coordinator could add in a little blocking help in the backfield to help with any blocking deficiencies Harrison may have so we can have our cake AND eat it too (a little more).

But now the rest of the season is just preparing for next season, so sit jamal and Willie McGinest the hell down and let's see what younger players can do.

First off, I DON'T think Harrison should be "the only back playing"...Just put him in more. Also, I think any decent offensive coordinator could add in a little blocking help in the backfield to help with any blocking deficiencies Harrison may have so we can have our cake AND eat it too (a little more).

We are not disagreeing here.... remember jerome Bettis and Willy Parker...

Willy got the ball up and down the field and Bettis was the red zone back! I think that ended up working pretty goood for them that year!

I feel that Harrison should get the ball 15 - 20 times a game and J Lewis should get the ball about 10 - 15 times a game! face it Jamal aint juking anyone out of their shoes lately... he pretty much runs north south down hill wich will be great in the goal line situaiton...

But this team need Harrison to deliver that spark up the field!

Harrison looked good once again in the first half thursday night. Then the powers that be seem to decide he had played enough because I don't recall seeing him again in that game. It makes no sense at all to me. I'm not calling for him to be the featured back, but he really needs to be touching the ball a few more times than he is. Thursday was down right stupid I thought. He did nothing wrong in the first half and yet, that was it for the day. It's yet another one of those issues this team has.

harrison is not big enough for the 1 back set. that is why he isnt used more.

That is the most assinine and ignorant statement i have heard!

I guess that Westbrook is too small ...

and so is .....

reggie bush

Warrek Dunn

Frank Gore

Thomas Jones

Maurice Jones-Drew

Marshawn Lynch

Maurice Morris

Willie Parker

Steve Slaton

Chester Taylor

All of these guys are within 10 lbs of Harrison and are all every down backs.... Some are smaller!

Do your home work before you start to sound like Romeo....

I asked Sarah Palin about this and she agrees!

To quote her: "But also sometimes you need to do things that are there and then here to get where you want to go and putting him in but also taking him out when its needed to really get in there and mix things up is something that sometimes needs to be done".

So there you have it. Let's not replace Jamal, but mix Harrison in the mix sometimes to mix it up.

I asked Sarah Palin about this and she agrees!

To quote her: "But also sometimes you need to do things that are there and then here to get where you want to go and putting him in but also taking him out when its needed to really get in there and mix things up is something that sometimes needs to be done".

So there you have it. Let's not replace Jamal, but mix Harrison in the mix sometimes to mix it up.

Nope... I would use them like Bettis and Parker a few years ago.... I wouldn't bring him in "sometimes"

They should have pretty much the same number of carries!

That is the most assinine and ignorant statement i have heard!

I guess that Westbrook is too small ...

and so is .....

reggie bush

Warrek Dunn

Frank Gore

Thomas Jones

Maurice Jones-Drew

Marshawn Lynch

Maurice Morris

Willie Parker

Steve Slaton

Chester Taylor

All of these guys are within 10 lbs of Harrison and are all every down backs.... Some are smaller!

Do your home work before you start to sound like Romeo....

and whats your point munson, those guys no how to pass block

does the cat got your tongue, munson.

Actually... i was working...

But i guess your pass blocking statement can hold up if you can show me a time he missed a block!

I have not seen his so called "poor pass blocking skillz" all year!

So... point out a time where he missed his blocking assignment and your post holds water!

if not then STFU about that and find a new reason to leave jamal in for 2 yards and a cloud of smoke!

Harrison has to be in the game to have an opportunity to pass block.

No doubt......and who really cars how he blocks?? Lewis doesn't block.

The guy has spent 2 years on the bench...20% of his career is over and we still haven't given him a shot.

If I was a young player, I would never want to play on a team with Romeo as coach. He ruins careers before they ever start.

Couldn't agree more. My God, how infuriating is this coaching staff? We have obviously talent, performing talent, talent that worries opposition, talent that rusts on the sideline and yet we don't have the balls to play them in a meaningful way. I don't know, is it no balls or no brains??? Either way, more harrison carrries in this part of the season is a must.

It's funny how we can make big plays when guys like Cribbs and Harrison are on the field but our coaching staff would rather see them ride the pine.

I'm thinking the players are quitting because they KNOW our coaches are a joke and because some guys *cough*BE*cough* think they can play around instead of work because they've got big money.

No doubt......and who really cars how he blocks?? Lewis doesn't block.

The guy has spent 2 years on the bench...20% of his career is over and we still haven't given him a shot.

If I was a young player, I would never want to play on a team with Romeo as coach. He ruins careers before they ever start.

Very true!

I noticed earle stfu pretty quickly in this thread.....

Way to go earle, you've introduced yourself as a nice steamy turd sandwhich. Good luck here on out.

Yeah i sure did, you no that Wright is still better than Harrison and that is why he is no. 2 on the depth chart.

And to top that off Wright is smarter, he went to Northwestern, and they dont except short bus kids there.

Guest Aloysius

This PFW report is a couple days old, but it's worth checking out.

One of the interesting — and not fully understood — subplots of the Browns’ season is why reserve RB Jerome Harrison has not received more playing time to date. Entering Week 12, Harrison had a run or catch of 16 yards or longer in five of Cleveland’s 10 games — but he had only rushed 20 times and caught seven passes. “Jerome, he is very patient as far as waiting his turn and, when he gets the opportunity, trying to make the most of it,” head coach Romeo Crennel said last week, indicating starter Jamal Lewis and reserve Jason Wright were also deserving of work, too.

Archived