THE BROWNS BOARD

Myrone Rolle should be a Brown

jrb12711

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/334380-...t-lost-his-step

I hope the browns have the opportunity to take Rolle. He's a perfect Mangini guy and an extremely goal oriented, work hard kind of guy. Not to mention that on top of everything he was a good player at Florida State. I guarantee he will be an opening day starter for the team who drafts him. His draft stock is rising quickly cause of the senior bowl, but would be a perfect early 3rd round pick.

Thoughts?

Edit: put an E on the end of his first name by mistake, sorry about that.

WOW, totally forgot about that young man. What an all around person. So if we snag him do we still take Haden, or would we go the Mclain route.

I'll be extremely, extremely surprised if we take a LB in this draft let alone the 1st round.

And to answer your original question. Yes. We need both a good safety and a shutdown corner. Rolle would be the Safety.

I'll be extremely, extremely surprised if we take a LB in this draft let alone the 1st round.

And to answer your original question. Yes. We need both a good safety and a shutdown corner. Rolle would be the Safety.

Gotcha, I do want haden, and I hope Rolle does great at the combine, because it will change the way a lot of people value him. On the LB comment, McClain is like Patrick Willis , he will dominate the ilb spot, he has great size and speed. I love D Jackson but he would be even better with McClain there with him. If we dont have a pass rush, no one can cover any body. McClain and Patrick Robinson are my 1st and 2nd ideal picks, but I would love to get Rolle once he gets back in football shape.

I'm all for drafting super-smart players. But one thing to keep in mind is that before heading to Oxford, Rolle was described in the same way Taylor Mays is being described now: an athletic but oversized safety who doesn't seem to make any plays.

He got a lot of hype as a #1 recruit coming out of high school and was impressive as a freshman, but his production dipped after that. In his last two years at FSU, he only notched 2 TFL and didn't have any picks.

Ironically, people are now beginning to claim that the year off made him a better safety: he's still in great shape, but not as muscle-bound as Mays is now and Rolle supposedly was back at FSU. But to bet on him suddenly becoming a huge playmaker is quite a gamble, especially when we could have a shot at picking up a legit 1st round talent near the top of the 2nd round.

I'm all for drafting super-smart players. But one thing to keep in mind is that before heading to Oxford, Rolle was described in the same way Taylor Mays is being described now: an athletic but oversized safety who doesn't seem to make any plays.

He got a lot of hype as a #1 recruit coming out of high school and was impressive as a freshman, but his production dipped after that. In his last two years at FSU, he only notched 2 TFL and didn't have any picks.

Ironically, people are now beginning to claim that the year off made him a better safety: he's still in great shape, but not as muscle-bound as Mays is now and Rolle supposedly was back at FSU. But to bet on him suddenly becoming a huge playmaker is quite a gamble, especially when we could have a shot at picking up a legit 1st round talent near the top of the 2nd round.

I agree with you. I think the difference between him and Mays is how humble, hard working of a guy he is. Timmy Couch brought up the PTI interview, I saw it as well. His whole mannerisms during the interview is something you rarely see from NFL players.

With all that being said, I definitely think taking him with our early second round pick may be a stretch, especially if we wind up with Joe Haden. I'm hoping he slips to the top of the third. If he's there with that pick IMO it's a no brainer.

Archived