THE BROWNS BOARD

ESPN Rumor Central

TheClevelandSound

A really massive what if here, but what if Brandon Marshall just needs a new start. Yes he is a diva but so is Randy Moss, When Moss went to the Raiders it looked as if he was done, but he went to a Promising franchise, and did very well. I personally don't like Marshall but I do believe he would help us right off the bat and be very dominating in the AFC North. Though all of this is speculation, who knows what the Front Office is doing, if they don't like Quin then this could be the best option to deal him.

A really massive what if here, but what if Brandon Marshall just needs a new start. Yes he is a diva but so is Randy Moss, When Moss went to the Raiders it looked as if he was done, but he went to a Promising franchise, and did very well. I personally don't like Marshall but I do believe he would help us right off the bat and be very dominating in the AFC North. Though all of this is speculation, who knows what the Front Office is doing, if they don't like Quin then this could be the best option to deal him.

Prepare to get flamed to no end for saying this. If the guy isn't picking up trash on the side of the road every day, donating millions of dollars to charities, and helping old ladies across the street in his spare time, he doesn't belong in Cleveland. It doesn't matter his talent level. If he has so much as one unpaid parking ticket, you won't be seeing him in orange and brown.

Marshall is a big liability, though. But some of these other players with so called "character issues", I just don't get. Nobody is perfect.

It would definitely be the situation like in New England where Belichick took a chance on Randy Moss. It seems that Marshall grew up a bit this past year. He manned up, stopped acting like a little bitch, and played. He was a great player in Denver, and would certainly welcome him to Cleveland, despite the so-called character issues he had in Denver.

Here's the full article: We're still in the preliminary -- mostly speculative -- stages of the Brandon Marshall sweepstakes. Here's what we know: he's all but done for in Denver, as we continue to read things like this from Mike Klis of the Denver Post: "Today most likely is goodbye to All Things Brandon Marshall."

OK, but where does he wind up? Any team could use a player as talented on the field as Marshall, but not every team wants to deal with the possibility of his off-the-field issues. We've speculated that the Pats and Cowboys would be two teams on the cusp of Super Bowl runs who might take a shot, and on Sunday, Klis added the Cleveland Browns to the mix. Even more intriguing, Klis thinks that the trade could kill two birds with one stone: Get rid of Marshall and get a QB back, as he thinks the Browns could be interested in swapping Brady Quinn.

While I don't really see this happening, I do think it would be one hell of a deal to pull off. Quinn has still not proven that he can be a starting qb. On the other hand, Marshall has proven that when he wants to play, he is one of the top 10 receivers in the league. I say that if this deal is available, you don't hesitate for a second to take it. Trading an unproven commodity for a proven one that has still not reached his prime is something you don't pass up. And then if Holmgini don't think that Marshall is still a good fit for our team, why not trade him again for some draft picks or players that fit our system?

Here's the full article: We're still in the preliminary -- mostly speculative -- stages of the Brandon Marshall sweepstakes. Here's what we know: he's all but done for in Denver, as we continue to read things like this from Mike Klis of the Denver Post: "Today most likely is goodbye to All Things Brandon Marshall."

OK, but where does he wind up? Any team could use a player as talented on the field as Marshall, but not every team wants to deal with the possibility of his off-the-field issues. We've speculated that the Pats and Cowboys would be two teams on the cusp of Super Bowl runs who might take a shot, and on Sunday, Klis added the Cleveland Browns to the mix. Even more intriguing, Klis thinks that the trade could kill two birds with one stone: Get rid of Marshall and get a QB back, as he thinks the Browns could be interested in swapping Brady Quinn.

While I don't really see this happening, I do think it would be one hell of a deal to pull off. Quinn has still not proven that he can be a starting qb. On the other hand, Marshall has proven that when he wants to play, he is one of the top 10 receivers in the league. I say that if this deal is available, you don't hesitate for a second to take it. Trading an unproven commodity for a proven one that has still not reached his prime is something you don't pass up. And then if Holmgini don't think that Marshall is still a good fit for our team, why not trade him again for some draft picks or players that fit our system?

It won't happen, you're right.

While all of the trade scenarios have varying degrees of likelihood, NFL Insider Adam Schefter e-mailed in on Friday morning with the reason why we can all but eliminate certain teams from the rumor mill:

It fits Holmgren's WCO system. 11.1 yards per reception this year. He is a big physical reciever, and fights hard, and is fast.

Game set match.

We need receivers, bad. Really bad. Having Marshall would help greatly.

If I was Heckert

3rd Round Pick

Shaun Rogers

Brady Quinn

For Marshall and a 2nd round pick.

Quinn and a 3rd next year, not with Rogers involved. If we are trading him we are dealing him to Philly.

The difference between this and the Moss situation...is that Moss went from maybe the worst organization in all of sports, to one that people were calling the best team in the history of football before they lost to the Giants.

Marshall would be going from a near-playoff team with a decent quarterback (he cried about losing Jay Cutler) to a rebuilding team with a quarterback statistically worse than Kyle Orton and a hardass coach who was quick to ship his last whining WR out of town.

I can't imagine that's the change of scenery he's looking for. I'm sure Rex Ryan would love to have him, though.

There's also a small article on there that says were in the running for Troy Smith. But the article is purely speculation

How in the hell does ESPN get away charging for insider bullshit, that is pure speculation.

The difference between this and the Moss situation...is that Moss went from maybe the worst organization in all of sports, to one that people were calling the best team in the history of football before they lost to the Giants.

Marshall would be going from a near-playoff team with a decent quarterback (he cried about losing Jay Cutler) to a rebuilding team with a quarterback statistically worse than Kyle Orton and a hardass coach who was quick to ship his last whining WR out of town.

I can't imagine that's the change of scenery he's looking for. I'm sure Rex Ryan would love to have him, though.

A hardass coach? What about Mcdaniels? He played hard for him.

If Marshall takes a look at the way we finished the year, and how bad ass our running game was, he will know for sure, He will see some great looks. When they try to put 8 in the box he will dominate.

Agreed. Moss went from the most dysfunctional franchise to the most disciplined. He thrived with the patriots because he had to change his attitude to fit into their team. The Pats had a solid enough foundation to where their guys would let Moss know that he is just a small piece to a much greater picture

How in the hell does ESPN get away charging for insider bullshit, that is pure speculation.

I agree its complete bs. But I get it free with my magazine sub so i dont really care.

the only reason they bring up the browns is because we have no WRs. outside of that, there is nothing else to even point in the direction that he would be coming to cleveland. its just a random rumor/speculation, and should be taken with a grain of sand

the only reason they bring up the browns is because we have no WRs. outside of that, there is nothing else to even point in the direction that he would be coming to cleveland. its just a random rumor/speculation, and should be taken with a grain of sand

Well, Holmgren doesn't like Quinn. That's a start.

That and Josh McDaniel's apparent interest in Quinn before last year's draft. Both players stocks have dropped dramatically though from last year. I don't think Quinn would start over Orton. I just don't see why Denver would do this swap without Cleveland throwing in a draft pick. The rest of the league can't be so scared of Marshall that they won't offer more than Brady. VERY unlikely.

the point is the whole speculation is generated just out of open spots on the team. there is not source or info that says that they are even in talks with that trade. We need a #1 WR, and mcdaniels liked BQ last year. that doesn't mean that both teams are persuing a trade with those players. using that same logic you could probably find pleanty of other bogus trade rumors to make up aswell.

using the same rules you could say fitzgerald for DA. but we all know thats not gonna happen.

the point is the whole speculation is generated just out of open spots on the team. there is not source or info that says that they are even in talks with that trade. We need a #1 WR, and mcdaniels liked BQ last year. that doesn't mean that both teams are persuing a trade with those players. using that same logic you could probably find pleanty of other bogus trade rumors to make up aswell.

using the same rules you could say fitzgerald for DA. but we all know thats not gonna happen.

DA for 6 In-N-Out Double Double's and a White Russian.

Al Davis loves big armed QB's. Mangini is a big guy who obviously likes food. In-N-Out burgers are nowhere to be found in Cleveland. Rob Ryan looks like "The Dude". "The Dude" loves White Russians. Al Davis knows this, being a Coen brothers fanatic.

Therefore, Al Davis offers Mangini something he cannot find in Ohio and Ryan something that he loves to drink, and in return Mangini ships off DA to somewhere where he'll be more appreciated.

Expect to see this on ESPN INsider tomorrow.

DA for 6 In-N-Out Double Double's and a White Russian.

Al Davis loves big armed QB's. Mangini is a big guy who obviously likes food. In-N-Out burgers are nowhere to be found in Cleveland. Rob Ryan looks like "The Dude". "The Dude" loves White Russians. Al Davis knows this, being a Coen brothers fanatic.

Therefore, Al Davis offers Mangini something he cannot find in Ohio and Ryan something that he loves to drink, and in return Mangini ships off DA to somewhere where he'll be more appreciated.

Expect to see this on ESPN INsider tomorrow.

Very funny.

Seriously though....I've often thought that if there was one place that you could possibly ship DA off to, it would be Oakland.

McDaniels is in love with Quinn and we'd be on the better end of a Quinn-Brandon Marshall trade unless he got arrested before reporting.

LET'S NOT FORGET...

Brandon Marshall had off-the-field troubles in Denver BEFORE McDaniels ever showed up. Has everyone forgotten the "I slipped on a McDonald's hamburger wrapper and put my arm through a TV" alibi?

marshall has history of not playing well with others, namely cops and women. He certainly isn't in the running for NFL Citizen of the year. however, the kid shows up on sunday. he may be the best in the league in yards after catches, say many talking heads. he has tight end size with wide out speed. his stats are near the top of the list. players with these assets can help us win on sundays....i am skeptic it will go down as speculated but imo you don't pass up players like marshal. i couldn't care less if he is less that a choir boy off the field...if he can keep the drama to a minimum and not in any way soil the Browns tradition and culture, i welcome him with open arms...

We need receivers, bad. Really bad. Having Marshall would help greatly.

If I was Heckert

3rd Round Pick

Shaun Rogers

Brady Quinn

For Marshall and a 2nd round pick.

I think getting Marshall would be great. Why would Denver want Quinn who cannot play and has done nothing? To back up Orton?? Or Rogers who is losing value by the minute.

They may be able to get Marshall for second and one of those two. Or for a first which I would not do considering it is the seven pick

. Rob Ryan looks like "The Dude".

YES!!! that is awesome i said that the other day and its true

quinn and a third maybe both for Marshall. You absolutly can not go into next year with mossiq. as our number one or a draft pick as our one.

Doing so WILL hinder these young recievers no matter how good the rest of the offense is put together. Pull the f%%%%ing trigger then look towards o-line.

If Marshall takes a look at the way we finished the year, and how bad ass our running game was, he will know for sure, He will see some great looks. When they try to put 8 in the box he will dominate.

Of course he won't wonder who is going to throw him the ball. ;)

I would take the guy. Sure, he's a bit of a egghead, but that doesn't bother me as much as it does some.

I think players around the league are beginning to understand the league doesn't mess around with guys who screw up, so i think most players understand where the butter for the bread comes from and are beginning to watch their P's & Q's.

Archived