THE BROWNS BOARD

Full Brown's Mock

Koa

Took my crack at it. Subject to change ;)

Round 1...

JOE HADEN (CB) - Florida

Unless Berry is available it's the safest choice, period.

Round 2...

SEAN WEATHERSPOON (OLB) - Mizzou

It's up in the air if he will be available with the 38th pick.

Round 3...

JORDAN SHIPLEY (WR) - Texas

Could honestly turn out to be the best receiver in the draft. He makes up for a lack of elite size with incredible hands and route running.

Round 3...

KAM CHANCELLOR (S) - Virginia Tech

Might be the most physically imposing safety next to Mays.

Round 4...

JOE McKNIGHT (RB) - USC

Great value pick to complement JH going into next season. +1,000 rush yards, 6.2 YPC

Round 5...

DAN LeFEVOUR (QB) - Central Michigan

I'm pulling for a Quinn v. Fever square off next season. May the best man win.

Round 5...

DENNIS PITTA (TE) - BYU

A reliable hands guy to compete with Moore. Over 800 yards receiving + 8 TD's in 2009.

Round 5...

ADAM ULATOSKI (OT) - Texas

His likely move from LT to RT in the NFL could make him available here.

Round 6...

SEYI AJIROTUTU (WR) - Fresno State

Tall, fast, and soft hands. Marty Schottenheimer said Seyi "reminded him of Vincent Jackson".

Round 6...

PAT ANGERER (ILB) - Iowa

High motor, ton of tackles, and a prototypical Mangini guy.

Round 7...

RYAN PERRILLOUX (QB) - Jacksonville State

Former LSU project with a 172 QB rating in 2009. Has character issues but an NFL arm.

pretty good and i really have no complaints about it. i agree on shipley. his speed is something that makes him dunamic. he will be like wes welker. however, for him to be as effective as welker we would need a number 1 for the defense to double cover. momass isn't there yet. i like the idea of picking lefevour in the fifth round but don't know if he will be there... just like shipley in he third.

I think this mock ignores some of our needs on the D-line....but, I have heard rumors that the Browns may be a player for Julius Peppers in free agency. If we could get him then we may not have the same DL worries.

The problem we're faced with is there are needs at nearly every position. I decided to address the ones with the highest priority and value. I think with the emergence of Rubin, improvement of Corey Williams, and a possible play in free agency we can get away with addressing other spots of the defense.

The problem we're faced with is there are needs at nearly every position. I decided to address the ones with the highest priority and value. I think with the emergence of Rubin, improvement of Corey Williams, and a possible play in free agency we can get away with addressing other spots of the defense.

I agree. Yes we have a lot of needs to fill and i think d line is one that with what we currently have we can get away holding off on to address other more glaring needs. However if they decide to do some things such as shopping Rogers or Williams we may look to do something with. Obviously if we trade either one of these guys we will be picking up more draft picks that could be used on the d line then and it would become an area of need but should the front office choose to go forth with what we already have i think we can be quite adequate on the d line. Im definately not opposed though to bringing in one more body through free agency as long as it is a play making d end who can rush the qb and also be able to be a fit for the 3 - 4 scheme. Also Dline is a position in the nfl that it seems there is a better chance to find gems in the later rounds. Example right in our lap with Rubin. I wouldnt mind using a later round pick on a d linemen.

I think this mock ignores some of our needs on the D-line....but, I have heard rumors that the Browns may be a player for Julius Peppers in free agency. If we could get him then we may not have the same DL worries.

I don't believe Peppers will play DE in a 3-4. He's more suited to be an OLB.

Archived