THE BROWNS BOARD

Eagles Add Savage To Personnel Staff

BrownsFanForLife

The Eagles on Thursday announced they have named Phil Savage as a Player Personnel Consultant for the 2010 draft. In this role, Savage will work with Eagles General Manager Howie Roseman and Director of Player Personnel Ryan Grigson in their draft preparations, specifically in the evaluation of draft prospects in the Southeast portion of the country.

"I've always admired the work Phil Savage has done," said Roseman. "And after spending time with him this past year, I realized how well we could work together. Phil is an excellent talent evaluator and having an extra set of eyes for us to utilize will definitely help our scouting staff as we prepare for the draft. He's spent time working on the 2010 draft class already, so Ryan and I thought it is was a slam dunk when the opportunity was there for us to add him to our staff."

Said Savage, who served as the radio color analyst for the Crimson Tide Sports Network in 2009: "This is a great opportunity for me to get back in the NFL. I'm really excited about the role the Eagles have afforded me and I'm ready to help Howie and the rest of their scouting staff in the best way I possibly can."

The 44-year-old Savage spent four seasons as Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Cleveland Browns from 2005-08. In his four years with the Browns, the team acquired five Pro Bowl players (three through the college draft) and won a franchise-best 10 games in 2007. That year, the Browns had six players selected to the Pro Bowl (Derek Anderson, Joshua Cribbs, Braylon Edwards, Ryan Pontbriand, Joe Thomas, and Kellen Winslow), which was the most by the franchise since six players were chosen in 1995.

Archived