THE BROWNS BOARD

So what's on the menu for todays game??

ballpeen

Here, Cubans, since the game is in Miami.

On a Cuban roll or French bread, buttered lightly, crust up, I place 2 slices ham, several slices roasted pork tenderloin, cut lengthwise, a liberal amount of yellow mustard, dill pickles (whole) cut thin, lengthwise, and 2 slices of swiss cheese. Compress in a sandwich press until flat and the cheese is melted.

The tenderloin is marinated in salt brine, orange juice, 2 bay leaves and cumin, and oregano the night before, then roasted at 370 for about 40 minutes until done. Sprinkle a bit more cumin and fresh cracked pepper on before roasting.

Salt brine....1 cup salt, 1 can OJ concentrate, and enough water to cover. Mix...Oregano and cumin..about a half dollar sized mound of each in the palm of your hand.

Note on brineing...after covering the meat in the solution, before covering to put in the fridge for the night, add 3-4 cups ice to help bring the temp down to a safe level as fast as possible.

No sense brineing in a bacteria stew for a hour or more until the fridge temp kicks in.

Add in a cold beer and you are set. Saw some Stroh's and picked up a 12 pack....haven't had a Stroh's in a long time.

What are you having??

Guest birddog1

French Dip Sandwiches.

2 rump roasts have been in the crockpot since 10AM. Threw them in with some french onion soup, beef broth, a can of beer, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce. They'll be in about 7 hours.

Once done, slice the rolls, butter them and thrown them in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Slice the meat diagonally and place on the rolls. Serve with the sauce for dipping.

For desert, hot fudge brownie sundaes.

French Dip Sandwiches.

2 rump roasts have been in the crockpot since 10AM. Threw them in with some french onion soup, beef broth, a can of beer, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce. They'll be in about 7 hours.

Once done, slice the rolls, butter them and thrown them in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Slice the meat diagonally and place on the rolls. Serve with the sauce for dipping.

For desert, hot fudge brownie sundaes.

Sounds good...I do one close and call it Italian beef....add a pack of the Italian dressing mix...no beer, then shred the beef.

At any rate, sounds like a good plan.

Chicken wings, and pizza, and Cheez-its man...and some of that stuff we used to eat back in the day, what was that called??? Ah, that's right ............

Wings and pizza.....can't go wrong there unless the pizza show up a hour late.

first post and it's a food topic :rolleyes:

Homemade Polish Boys and Wings

Welcome aboard....Polish Boys....haven't had those in a long time.

My Mama would lug us down to the Westside Mkt a couple of times a month...and Polish Boys usually made their way home.

Here, Cubans, since the game is in Miami.

On a Cuban roll or French bread, buttered lightly, crust up, I place 2 slices ham, several slices roasted pork tenderloin, cut lengthwise, a liberal amount of yellow mustard, dill pickles (whole) cut thin, lengthwise, and 2 slices of swiss cheese. Compress in a sandwich press until flat and the cheese is melted.

The tenderloin is marinated in salt brine, orange juice, 2 bay leaves and cumin, and oregano the night before, then roasted at 370 for about 40 minutes until done. Sprinkle a bit more cumin and fresh cracked pepper on before roasting.

Salt brine....1 cup salt, 1 can OJ concentrate, and enough water to cover. Mix...Oregano and cumin..about a half dollar sized mound of each in the palm of your hand.

Note on brineing...after covering the meat in the solution, before covering to put in the fridge for the night, add 3-4 cups ice to help bring the temp down to a safe level as fast as possible.

No sense brineing in a bacteria stew for a hour or more until the fridge temp kicks in.

Add in a cold beer and you are set. Saw some Stroh's and picked up a 12 pack....haven't had a Stroh's in a long time.

What are you having??

It sounds like we might of found a new cook for next year

It sounds like we might of found a new cook for next year

I really wouldn't mind helping in that area if needed...as a stand in of course since I don't make every game.

Guest birddog1
Sounds good...I do one close and call it Italian beef....add a pack of the Italian dressing mix...no beer, then shred the beef.

At any rate, sounds like a good plan.

That's sounds really good, I just shared that with my wife, we're going to try it that way the next time. We don't drink so I had to go out to by a single can of beer for this anyway.

Archived