THE BROWNS BOARD

Cowher? Not for me...

firebiker911

I keep reading here that everyone wants Bill Cowher to coach here next season. I agree that Romeo will probably be gone after the season unless we run the table for the rest of the year (which would take next to a miracle). But I am not a Cowher fan. He is a Steeler. Don't we have enough ties to Baltimore, let alone getting a squeeler coach. Let's look elsewere.

Guest Masters

Not wanting Cowher because he coached in PIT would be not wanting a guy because of the color of his skin or his sexual orientation. Best guy for the job, that is the only criteria I have. And I'd take Cowher, as long as he didn't want full GM/HC duty.

I don't buy the "he's a Steeler" though you are entitled to your opinion.

I figure it like this....everybody is something, but once they are here, they are Browns. Once they leave, they aren't.

It sounds really PC to say Cowher would be fine, but I gotta tell ya, that dude is a Puker through and through and was for a long time. Modell chose BB over him and ever since he's been the enemy.

I'm not saying I couldn't get used to the guy coaching here, but I don't think I'd be too thrilled about it.

Think about this one: A lot of Pitt fans thought of him as a Marty until they got the break against Indy and the Referee Bowl, and if he came here and failed it would give Pitt fan one more thing to crow about.

"Ha ha ha, you guys can't even win with our coach blah blah blah."

Chew on that one.

Cowher Sucks! he is 1-1 in SuperBowls with to much lag in between, he got Lucky that the Superbowl he won the Refs were all from his home town. or something like that. the funnisest thing i can still remember is Rottenshitburger tackled behind the line of scrimmage and hell yeah he was down and he crawled over the goal line for a TD. thats when I turned it off. Those Fuckin Refs Blew that game for Real Football Fans!

Guest ATENEARS

The following comments were made here as if they are a bad thing:

• "Not wanting Cowher because he coached in PIT would be not wanting a guy because of the color of his skin or his sexual orientation." -Masters
  • "Modell chose BB over him and ever since he's been the enemy." -RifferX
  • "Cowher is 1-1 in SuperBowls with to much lag in between" -Earle

I just want someone here who is going to up the intensity and get everyone playing with fire in their belly. We are stale right now, someone needs to go crazy or just go.

• "Not wanting Cowher because he coached in PIT would be not wanting a guy because of the color of his skin or his sexual orientation." -Masters

I just want someone here who is going to up the intensity and get everyone playing with fire in their belly. We are stale right now, someone needs to go crazy or just go.

ok u changed my mind I dont want Fat bastard RAC back, he can retire on all those millions we the fans paid him. i dont feel sorry that he gets the Shit Can! I will always treasure his reaction to Dawsons kick Last night, he looked like a dancing chocolate Grimmis

Not sure if you're aware but Bill Cowher played for the Browns and Coached here before going to Pittsburgh...

Not wanting Cowher because he coached in PIT would be not wanting a guy because of the color of his skin or his sexual orientation. Best guy for the job, that is the only criteria I have. And I'd take Cowher, as long as he didn't want full GM/HC duty.

I am aware he was a Brown and I don't care. He was a steeler coach far longer than he was a player or special teams coach for the Browns. When I look at the chin.. I see pittsburgh. And to say that is the same as being sexist or racist..that is just STUPID! As far as sexual orientation goes, Masters do you know something about Cowher that I don't? Because I don't want a fag coaching the Browns. Especially a fag who used to be a Steeler. Maybe you, Cowher and Kordell Stewart had something going on.

Guest Masters

Why are you trying to be like a reporter taking what Lebron James says about leaving CLE out of context. What I said was "Not wanting Cowher because he coached in PIT would be not wanting a guy because of the color of his skin or his sexual orientation. Best guy for the job, that is the only criteria I have."

Not sure if you're aware but Bill Cowher played for the Browns and Coached here before going to Pittsburgh...

Bill Cower was Born and Raised in Pittsburgh. Lifelong Steeler fan . He did play and coach in Cleveland. Likes the People of Cleveland. However, he is a guy who got his dream Job and became an Icon. At retirement he said :

"You can take The Boy outta Pittsburgh ...but you Cant that Pittsburgh outta the Boy ! "

So, yes he is a Steeler through and through. But maybe Money is more important to him...it IS a Business !

Cowher Sucks! he is 1-1 in SuperBowls with to much lag in between, he got Lucky that the Superbowl he won the Refs were all from his home town. or something like that. the funnisest thing i can still remember is Rottenshitburger tackled behind the line of scrimmage and hell yeah he was down and he crawled over the goal line for a TD. thats when I turned it off. Those Fuckin Refs Blew that game for Real Football Fans!

YOU are about as dumb as they come. The SuperBowl stuff is hilarious and ... In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances. He is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least seven division titles.

* Super Bowl XL victory (2005)

* 2 AFC Championship victories (1995, 2005)

* AP NFL Coach of the Year (1992)

* 2x Pro Football Weekly NFL Coach of the Year (1992, 2004)

* 149-90-1 (regular season record)

* 12-9 (playoff record)

* 161-99-1 (overall record)

Hmm...Sucks ? Ok Einstein !

I vote "no" on Cowher, just like I said on our old board.

The guy did a great job in Pittsburgh, but let's leave it at that. He's far from perfect (see Kordell Stewart, and several blown home-field advantages). Modell passed him over, which was stupid, but he then beat our butts for 15+ years.

I agree we need an "in your face" coach, but I wouldn't be able to handle an old Steeler guy on our sideline. Just my two cents.

Archived