THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns terminate Stallworth,s contract

daydawg19

Cleveland Browns terminate Donte Stallworth's contract

By Mary Kay Cabot

February 08, 2010, 5:25PM

AP photoBrowns wide receiver Donte Stallworth had his contract terminated by the Browns. CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns today terminated the contract of receiver Donte Stallworth, who was re-instated by the NFL Monday after serving a one-year suspension for his DUI manslaughter conviction.

Stallworth was under contract with the Browns through the 2014 season. He had been signed as an unrestricted free agent on March 1, 2008.

On Mar. 14, 2009, Stallworth struck and killed pedestrian Mario Reyes while driving drunk. Stallworth, who originally signed a seven-year deal with the Browns, is now eligible to sign with any team.

Cleveland Browns terminate Donte Stallworth's contract

By Mary Kay Cabot

February 08, 2010, 5:25PM

AP photoBrowns wide receiver Donte Stallworth had his contract terminated by the Browns. CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns today terminated the contract of receiver Donte Stallworth, who was re-instated by the NFL Monday after serving a one-year suspension for his DUI manslaughter conviction.

Stallworth was under contract with the Browns through the 2014 season. He had been signed as an unrestricted free agent on March 1, 2008.

On Mar. 14, 2009, Stallworth struck and killed pedestrian Mario Reyes while driving drunk. Stallworth, who originally signed a seven-year deal with the Browns, is now eligible to sign with any team.

Stallworth's career in the NFL is over I think. Whether you believe in a second chance or whatever.

Stallworth's career in the NFL is over I think. Whether you believe in a second chance or whatever.

It may be over, but it won't be without a look by another team.

Someone will give him a shot.

If the bengals dont grab him the raiders will...i believe his termination had more to due with the fact he has been an unproductive player most of his career and not worth his pay rather than the accident..he will play again but will be a non factor as he always has been..nice to see this regime sweeping the house of bad contracts by savage...;)

If the bengals dont grab him the raiders will...i believe his termination had more to due with the fact he has been an unproductive player most of his career and not worth his pay rather than the accident..he will play again but will be a non factor as he always has been..nice to see this regime sweeping the house of bad contracts by savage...;)

How this guy qualified for a 5 million dollar bonus is beyond me. I, too, am happy to see regime erase the Savage footprint.

How this guy qualified for a 5 million dollar bonus is beyond me. I, too, am happy to see regime erase the Savage footprint.

just one of a few bad contracts signed by opie cunningham savage. it's like phil had no negotiating skills or something.

I agree.

Just call him Dainty Stallworth......lot's of talent, but a whole lot of maintenance required.

Kind of like a MG I had 30 years ago.....looked great....when it wasn't in some shop.

Archived