THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson Could Be Released By March 19

eggo31

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_arc...ed_by_march_19/

Twitter (Adam Caplan) - Browns quarterback Derek Anderson could be released by the team before March 19.

Adam Caplan wrote on his Twitter page Monday that Anderson's $2 million roster bonus is due on March 19.

"The clock starts ticking for players who have roster or option bonuses coming up. Derek Anderson's $2 M RB is due on 3/19, source said," he wrote.

Nothing earth shattering here...we just saw stallworth released. He had 1 mil due 3-1...it was easy to make that decision now and allow him to start seeking his other options.

Anderson won't be as simple as we will:

A...try to get him in to a friendlier deal, or B...try to find some sort of trade, which probably couldn't happen until "A" happens.

I guess there is a "C"....that would be trade Quinn before we have to make a decision on Anderson.

So basically the tweet says "If DA is going to be cut, the most likely time for it to happen is before his roster bonus kicks in. We don't really knoww if he'll be cut but if it were to happen, it would be before he gets his 2 million"

This should be nominated for the most insignificant thread of the year.

So basically the tweet says "If DA is going to be cut, the most likely time for it to happen is before his roster bonus kicks in. We don't really knoww if he'll be cut but if it were to happen, it would be before he gets his 2 million"

This should be nominated for the most insignificant thread of the year.

Strong......I saw a post on realgm it had to do with the browns so i posted it.....i thought this is what the forum is for sorry

Nothing earth shattering here...we just saw stallworth released. He had 1 mil due 3-1...it was easy to make that decision now and allow him to start seeking his other options.

Anderson won't be as simple as we will:

A...try to get him in to a friendlier deal, or B...try to find some sort of trade, which probably couldn't happen until "A" happens.

I guess there is a "C"....that would be trade Quinn before we have to make a decision on Anderson.

Yes it will be 'Peen. Anderson will undoubtedly be released. RE "A" he'll be offered vet minimum. "B" you may disagree, but DA's trade value is zero.

"C" Never say never, but it's 10X more likely Quinn is on the training camp roster than Anderson.

But in the best interests of the team, one or the other HAS to be gone & Holmgren's smart enough to realize that.

Strong......I saw a post on realgm it had to do with the browns so i posted it.....i thought this is what the forum is for sorry

Sorry about that. What I should have said was " most insignificant browns related tweet of the year". You did what you should have, I'm just not sure what the "tweeter" was reporting that's all.

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_arc...ed_by_march_19/

Twitter (Adam Caplan) - Browns quarterback Derek Anderson could be released by the team before March 19.

Adam Caplan wrote on his Twitter page Monday that Anderson's $2 million roster bonus is due on March 19.

"The clock starts ticking for players who have roster or option bonuses coming up. Derek Anderson's $2 M RB is due on 3/19, source said," he wrote.

and Quinn...March 20....

They are both toast....... <_<

I don't know. If the Roster bonus is ONLY 2 million dollars, (Yea, more $ than any of us have, but still peanuts in the NFL Monopoly money game) and if they at all would expect DA to compete even for a backup slot, the 2 mill doesn't seem to be a lot in the scheme of things for a "potential" decent backup QB. DA was the QB for a couple of games they won at the end of the season, wasn't he?

I don't know. If the Roster bonus is ONLY 2 million dollars, (Yea, more $ than any of us have, but still peanuts in the NFL Monopoly money game) and if they at all would expect DA to compete even for a backup slot, the 2 mill doesn't seem to be a lot in the scheme of things for a "potential" decent backup QB. DA was the QB for a couple of games they won at the end of the season, wasn't he?

Is this Mike Holmgren posturing for a trade. JK. That is actually a good point, I was thinking the same thing.

Yes it will be 'Peen. Anderson will undoubtedly be released. RE "A" he'll be offered vet minimum. "B" you may disagree, but DA's trade value is zero.

"C" Never say never, but it's 10X more likely Quinn is on the training camp roster than Anderson.

But in the best interests of the team, one or the other HAS to be gone & Holmgren's smart enough to realize that.

Oh, i know releasing him the the probable move....I am just saying it isn't as easy as the move to release stallworth. There are still some variable at play that the team will probably try to explore up to the end.

daydog...it was more a board joke then namecalling....sorry you took it as such.

This all relies on what Holmgren and Mangini think. If they want DA on the roster in some respect, the 2 mil might not bother them, more likely you'll see a new contract dropping this years price tag with more for DA IF they decide to keep him after that.

Most of the people here can't keep in mind that this team is essentially building from the ground up. I didn't expect them to win their last 4 games, but I expected better play the last quarter of the season than any time of the season. QB was the last of their worries this season, and may be the last of their worries next season... Holmgren even said so a week or so ago, the QB's gonna look bad if the line can't block and the receivers can't catch.... He pretty much described the Browns' QB situation the last year or two.

I still think he keeps one QB, probably DA.

And to go along those lines....if some deal could be worked out, DA is more attractive to a team if they don't have to pay the bonus.

A bonus paid DA and a pick might be enough to get Kolb or some other QB, or some other deal.

That is why i said i think there are variables at play that don't make it as easy as simply releasing DA today.

Why hold him now if you know he's worthless, sucks, and everything else??

On a related note WTAM was reporting the Browns have shown interest in McNabb this morning.

There ya go.....DA might be a part to that puzzle. maybe Quinn...who knows

Lot's can happen over the next few weeks.

On a related note WTAM was reporting the Browns have shown interest in McNabb this morning.

Today on espn chris mortensen was talking about the qb situation and how many teams have expressed interest in all 3 quarterbacks. The only real specifics he gave out of all of the teams was that the rams had expressed a lot of interest in Vick and that the browns and heckert had indeed enquired about and showed some serious interest in kevin kolb. He didnt really go into any kind of detail but he did in fact say these things about the rams and browns. Also he said that he believes andy reid is very serious about mcnabb returning to philly next year.

Today on espn chris mortensen was talking about the qb situation and how many teams have expressed interest in all 3 quarterbacks. The only real specifics he gave out of all of the teams was that the rams had expressed a lot of interest in Vick and that the browns and heckert had indeed enquired about and showed some serious interest in kevin kolb. He didnt really go into any kind of detail but he did in fact say these things about the rams and browns. Also he said that he believes andy reid is very serious about mcnabb returning to philly next year.

i hope mcnabb goes back to philly. let him stay there. great qb, but another big game choker i.e. tony romo. at least kolb hasn't been tainted yet in philly. BUT (and this is only my opinion) that holmgren will push for DA to stay and opt to get rid of quinn. remember holmgren was in the northwest while anderson played at oregon state. probably took in a couple of games.

I wonder if Heckert is thinking of giving up a few of our 11 picks for Kolb.

If we were to acquire Kevin Kolb would all of the Quinn Fags become Kolb Smokers?

Talk about untested QBs ... Kolb has a 68.9 rating in 130 attempts ... and doesn't appear to be mobile at all with 21 carries for -1 yards.

He and Quinn came out of the same draft, but Quinnn was drafted higher, has more experience and more mobility.

Where does Kolb Mania come from other than we have a Philly GM? The guy has had one good game and it came against the venerable Kansas City defense.

Let's pry McNabb loose and draft a guy.

Zombo

--bunch of Kolb Smokers

If we were to acquire Kevin Kolb would all of the Quinn Fags become Kolb Smokers?

Talk about untested QBs ... Kolb has a 68.9 rating in 130 attempts ... and doesn't appear to be mobile at all with 21 carries for -1 yards.

He and Quinn came out of the same draft, but Quinnn was drafted higher, has more experience and more mobility.

Where does Kolb Mania come from other than we have a Philly GM? The guy has had one good game and it came against the venerable Kansas City defense.

Let's pry McNabb loose and draft a guy.

Zombo

--bunch of Kolb Smokers

man, people get all upset at the mention of anything not interesting to them. nobody's smoking kolb (i know i ain't). you'd rather have the old guy come in than someone that will be around for 5 or 6 years? it's not like he's the only thing this team is missing, so basically we're still in the rebuilding stage. who wants to go from a team that's a couple of wins away from the super bowl to a team that's 2 or 3 years away? the whole idea of having to pick sides: quinn or anderson, is flippin' gay in my book. f 'em all, big and small!

man, people get all upset at the mention of anything not interesting to them. nobody's smoking kolb (i know i ain't). you'd rather have the old guy come in than someone that will be around for 5 or 6 years? it's not like he's the only thing this team is missing, so basically we're still in the rebuilding stage. who wants to go from a team that's a couple of wins away from the super bowl to a team that's 2 or 3 years away? the whole idea of having to pick sides: quinn or anderson, is flippin' gay in my book. f 'em all, big and small!

Miktoxic is a Kolb Smoker.

Zombo

Archived