THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson Could Be Released By March 19

eggo31

I believe McNabb is the most over-rated player in the league. With that said, he is still an instant upgrade with 3-6 years left in him. At the least, he holds it down and allows us to take our time with a young QB. Best case scenerio, we get 6 all-pro years out of him here in Cleveland. If we are making a push for McNabb, then DA is gone. You don't want that much money in a backup. Unless Holmgren's talk with Brady was about him being a backup and Brady doesn't want to accept that and wants out, then Brady will be gone.

I wonder if Heckert is thinking of giving up a few of our 11 picks for Kolb.

Obviously he is going to have to give up something.....so, what would it be?

I doubt the first rounder.

The 2nd rounder....maybe.....but doubt that as well though Philly will push for that for a while.

DA seems to be the guy on the butcher block around here, so we will use him rather than Brady, though someone mentioned Holmgren may like DA better, and I can see that....he has had some postive comments about DA....but anyway.

We keep DA and pay his roster bonus....then trade him and our best 3rd rounder to Philly for Kolb......not sure where the picks might be, but I could also see swapping positions with Philly in the 3rd if our second 3rd rounder is better than Phillies 3rd rounder....if not, we may have to come off a 5th rounder or two.

Kolb isn't going to come cheaply.

I wouldn't give him away, so I don't expect Philly will either.

Please God you have giving us so little. All we have is this crap as snow to look at, the least you can do is get DA and his no talent twin brother Quinn out of this town and bring us a future hall of fame quarterback.

Is it so much to ask?

DA is gone. Quinn will stay. Possible signing of a veteran QB to "school" Quinn for a year. Bank it.

Every year there are posters on the board saying... this is Quinn's team... DA is gone... they've been wrong for three years now. Now it appears the Browns will spend big $ to bring in someone to teach BQ how to be a QB?

The definiteness some posters here use gives me a chuckle. Anything could happen.

If we bring in a QB, it is to be the QB for the future or a QB to be a bridge to that guy.....who isn't already on the team.

I doubt the team will invest picks or players to trade for a guy if they think Quinn is a long term solution...they would just play him and school him themselves....it's not like the FO or even the coaching staff at this point is under pressure to produce 9 wins or else.

If Quinn is the guy, then he is the guy and we don't make a move. If we make a move in any direction, he's done in Cleveland unless we view him as a back-up type player.

You have to use your heads here and not go with the heart. It makes no sense to spend picks to bring in a player if you think Quinn is really the guy you want when you are a poor team record wise. You just play him and let him grow.

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_arc...ed_by_march_19/

Twitter (Adam Caplan) - Browns quarterback Derek Anderson could be released by the team before March 19.

Why not just make it St Patrick's Day so there's 1 more reason to get drunk and smile.

Moral of the story, when your QB is still being compared to Cinderella you're gonna have much better exchange value than when he is being compared to Ricky Ankiel. Unfortunately for us, there was a time when DA had better trade value than Charlie Frye or Luke McCown. Now the message is - he could be released, which is translates to 31 "no thank you's" again. Let's see how much this changes when he's free.

- Tom F.

I met a guy two nights ago at a party that looked exactly like Derek Anderson. I tried unsuccessfully to get a picture of him, so I could upload it.

The funny thing is, at one point I saw this kid toss a beer to a girl standing between two other girls about 15 feet away, and the girl had it hit her in the chest and then she dropped it to the floor, where it shattered immediately.

Just like our Derek Anderson- throwing into double coverage and the one time it actually makes it there, the receiver drops it.

Then I saw him wrestling with a Jack Russell terrier, which was different.

I met a guy two nights ago at a party that looked exactly like Derek Anderson. I tried unsuccessfully to get a picture of him, so I could upload it.

The funny thing is, at one point I saw this kid toss a beer to a girl standing between two other girls about 15 feet away, and the girl had it hit her in the chest and then she dropped it to the floor, where it shattered immediately.

Just like our Derek Anderson- throwing into double coverage and the one time it actually makes it there, the receiver drops it.

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!

i don't get it. Is there a joke in there?

That's hilarious! It's also possible Braylon needed a sports bra to hold those milkers/reception barriers hostage.

- Tom F.

I had an old drill sergeant that used to say to us "push ups forever' and leave.

When this guy is gone it will be "shots forever".

I got the impression you were already pretty much there.....no??? :lol:

Archived