THE BROWNS BOARD

Former Indian's Birthdays

Cowsrus

Okay, I am sitting here watching local Public access and they are talking about former Cleveland Indians who's birthdays are February 9. Fine and Jim Dandy. I am looking at the list and the only familiar name was Vladamir Gurerro (spelled wrong) but also on the list was a guy named, so help me, Patty Melt. Who on Earth is Patty Melt? And please tell me this was a nickname.

Heidi

Okay, I am sitting here watching local Public access and they are talking about former Cleveland Indians who's birthdays are February 9. Fine and Jim Dandy. I am looking at the list and the only familiar name was Vladamir Gurerro (spelled wrong) but also on the list was a guy named, so help me, Patty Melt. Who on Earth is Patty Melt? And please tell me this was a nickname.

Heidi

Huh, got me. Not sure why such a topic would include Vlad in the first place, since he's (sadly) never played for the Tribe. Just glancing quickly at a list of every (former and current) major leaguer born on 2/9, there are a few Indians on the list. Pete O'brien has the Irish in him to have been called Paddy (reaching) I guess.

Here's a link to the full list:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/bir....cgi?date=02-09

Beanpot

Archived