THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Bowie

ballpeen

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson...e-contract.html

Former Oakland Raiders cornerback John Bowie was signed to the Cleveland Browns' offseason roster.

Bowie takes over the roster spot occupied previously by wide receiver Donte' Stallworth, whose contract was terminated Monday.

Bowie is a former fourth-round draft pick of the Raiders, selected in the 2007 NFL draft after playing collegiately at Cincinnati.

Bowie was drafted with the selection the Raiders picked up from the New England Patriots in the Randy Moss trade.

The 5-foot-11, 190-pounder was cut by the Raiders and placed on injured reserve, receiving an injury settlement from Oakland on Nov. 24.

Bowie, 25, has played in five games, recording two tackles.

Ryan would be familiar with the guy.

You never know, maybe it works out as a bottom of the roster improvement.

Hank Gotbeat can't be much better than this guy. His 4.38 speed already makes him better IMO.

His size isn't bad...

He can start over B-Mac anyday.

i agree with Peen>>>i'm happier if we upgrade on Poteat--that's the bigger issue imo. B-Mac might not always blanket his guy in man coverage but he's not the weakest link. also, drafting Hayden would change everything.

i like the signing, and i bet he's a tough mofo.

i agree with Peen>>>i'm happier if we upgrade on Poteat--that's the bigger issue imo. B-Mac might not always blanket his guy in man coverage but he's not the weakest link. also, drafting Hayden would change everything.

i like the signing, and i bet he's a tough mofo.

I agree as well ,replacing hank petite is a must at the 2nd level poteat is a walking liability ready to comprimise the game for the browns at anytime by many different means..

Archived