THE BROWNS BOARD

Former Cleveland Browns' receiver gets tryout with Detroit Lions

TheClevelandSound

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/...s_receiv_1.html

The Cleveland Browns released Donte Stallworth on Monday, and it looks like Stallworth will get a chance to return to the football field.

Stallworth will get a chance when he works out with the Detroit Lions today, according to ProFootballTalk.com.

Stallworth was suspended for the entire 2009 season after pleading guilty to felony DUI manslaughter. He spent 2008 with the Browns, 2007 with the Patriots, and 2006 with the Eagles. In his first four seasons, he played with the Saints.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/...s_receiv_1.html

The Cleveland Browns released Donte Stallworth on Monday, and it looks like Stallworth will get a chance to return to the football field.

Stallworth will get a chance when he works out with the Detroit Lions today, according to ProFootballTalk.com.

Stallworth was suspended for the entire 2009 season after pleading guilty to felony DUI manslaughter. He spent 2008 with the Browns, 2007 with the Patriots, and 2006 with the Eagles. In his first four seasons, he played with the Saints.

I thought for sure it was going to be the Bungals... he and Maualuga could party it up real hard together.

On another note, the Browns and Lions sure like each other's castoffs lately....

So again, what's the beef?

I don't think he deserves the bonus after the year off but if he can play at a high level why wouldn't the Browns want him?

Is he an unrepentent asshole? A team cancer? Some other type of ne'er-do-well?

The case looked like a bad deal to me.

WSS

He sucked? He had 17 catches in 2008, and it worked out that we paid him something like $600,000 per catch.

He was definitlySavage's biggest blunder (why sure, giving a guy who couldn't be the 4th WR on the Patriots a 7 year multi million dollar deal sounds smart, Phil you doofus)

He sucked? He had 17 catches in 2008, and it worked out that we paid him something like $600,000 per catch.

He was definitlySavage's biggest blunder (why sure, giving a guy who couldn't be the 4th WR on the Patriots a 7 year multi million dollar deal sounds smart, Phil you doofus)

Im sure if it was Phil's money he would of spent it better. It's always easy to spend other peoples money lol.

So again, what's the beef?

I don't think he deserves the bonus after the year off but if he can play at a high level why wouldn't the Browns want him?

Is he an unrepentent asshole? A team cancer? Some other type of ne'er-do-well?

The case looked like a bad deal to me.

WSS

A little harsh for a guy that acted like a true gentleman thro the whole process. Yes he made a mistake but thats it and thats the past.

Only problem he has had in career.

This was a bad drop for the browns. Stallworth is a player with a second chance and will prob elevate his game kknowing now that he can't take anything for granted.

p.s if he hit the guy sober it wouldn't of even been his fault. Right time Wrong place. Like i said he did everything he needed to do and he is remorseful and you can tell.

Archived