THE BROWNS BOARD

Tittle Tattle Title Trivia

The Gipper

Here is some trivia for you, title stuff related mostly:

1. What was the last team to repeat as NFL champions (give years).

2. What was the first team to repeat as NFL champions?

3. Who was the last Super Bowl losing team to come back the next year to win the Super Bowl?

4. What team or teams have won the most consecutive NFL titles? (excluding AAFC championships won by Browns)

5. The Buffalo Bills have lost the most championship games in a row...4. What team or teams have lost 3 championship games in a row?

6. Name the current franchises that at some point in their history have had an undefeated regular season. For this purpose, it is OK to have had a tie or ties. (note: 2 defunct teams had undefeated years: Bulldogs, Pros)

7. The NFL has had its Main Offices located at one time or another in 5 different cities. Name these cities.

8. What team or teams have finished in First place in their division the most times in history?

9. What team has the longest Home game losing streak in history?

10. Since 1920 what are the 5 current teams that have the best regular season winning percentage in their history?

11. In the 40 years since the merger of 1970, how many times has the team with the best regular season record (or tied for best) won the Championship?

12. Who was the very first current member of the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame to perform at the halftime show of the Super Bowl, and what year?

Bonus (no counting on your score): What other members of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame have performed at halftime of the Super Bowl. Just name as many as you think you can.

Dallas, 1993 & 1994

Green Bay, 1 & 2

3. Who was the last Super Bowl losing team to come back the next year to win the Super Bowl?

Dallas, Superbowl 6

4. What team or teams have won the most consecutive NFL titles? (excluding AAFC championships won by Browns)

Dallas

5. The Buffalo Bills have lost the most championship games in a row...4. What team or teams have lost 3 championship games in a row?

Browns (AFC titles)

6. Name the current franchises that at some point in their history have had an undefeated regular season. For this purpose, it is OK to have had a tie or ties. (note: 2 defunct teams had undefeated years: Bulldogs, Pros)

New England, Miami, Cleveland, Chicago Bears

7. The NFL has had its Main Offices located at one time or another in 5 different cities. Name these cities.

8. What team or teams have finished in First place in their division the most times in history?

Minnesota Vikings, Pittsburgh Steelers, LA Rams, Dallas Cowboys

Tampa Bay

10. Since 1920 what are the 5 current teams that have the best regular season winning percentage in their history?

11. In the 40 years since the merger of 1970, how many times has the team with the best regular season record (or tied for best) won the Championship?

10?

12. Who was the very first current member of the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame to perform at the halftime show of the Super Bowl, and what year?

?

Bonus (no counting on your score): What other members of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame have performed at halftime of the Super Bowl. Just name as many as you think you can.

New England 2003-2004

Detroit?

Dallas

Again Detroit?

Minnesota

Miami, New England, don't know

No Idea

Pittsburgh, Dallas

Miami

Baltimore/Indi Colts, Dallas, Green Bay, Minnesota, Pittsburgh

The stones, Tom Petty, Bruce Springstein, The who

I hate to say it Bob806 but you did not have one fully complete correct answer. You came very close on one getting 4/5ths correct, but that is it.

And FYI, I was not counting AFC/NFC title games, only Super Bowls and pre SB NFL/AFL title games.

Damn, I suck then....but I thought the Packers won the first two Super Bowls...can I get some credit for that? I swear Dallas, in Supebowl 6, beat Miami, after losing to the Colts the year before.

BTW, I absolutely hate the Super Bowl halftime shows, so I didn't answer those questions. At least this time, they tried to get a real Rock n Roll band to play (The Who).

Question 10, I don't completely understand, but I think Dallas has the best winning pct. of all current teams as of now.

Damn, I suck then....but I thought the Packers won the first two Super Bowls...can I get some credit for that? I swear Dallas, in Supebowl 6, beat Miami, after losing to the Colts the year before.

BTW, I absolutely hate the Super Bowl halftime shows, so I didn't answer those questions. At least this time, they tried to get a real Rock n Roll band to play (The Who).

Question 10, I don't completely understand, but I think Dallas has the best winning pct. of all current teams as of now.

SuperBowls? What? Are you a Steeler fan? You think football only began when they invented the Super Bowl? (the question read: NFL Champions).

And FYI, you are right. Dallas did win the Super Bowl the year after losing one, but they were not the last to do it. Look at your own statemt there for a clue.

Also, I was concerned about the wording of 10. Essentially it just means what current teams have the best winning percentage in their history.

Answers:

It was the 2003 and 2004 New England Patriots

It was the 1922 and 1923 Canton Bulldogs

The 1972 Dolphins had lost the 1971 Super Bowl to the Cowboys, then came back undefeated. No Super Bowl loser since has come back to win the next year.

The 1928-29-30 Green Bay Packers, and the 1965-66-67 Green Bay Packers

The 1961-62-63 NY Giants and the 1951-52-53 Cleveland Browns

The 2007 New England Patriots (lost title game), the 1972 Miiami Dolphins (won SB), 1948 Cleveland Browns (won AAFC title game), The 1942 and the 1934 Chicago Bears (but lost the title games both years), and the 1929 Green Bay Packer (undefeated with a couple of ties...no championship game played that year),

1920-1921 Canton, Ohio

1921-1941 Columbus, Ohio

1941-1946 Chicago

1946-1961 Philadelphia

1961-present New York

The New York Giants, the Bears, and the Packers have all had 21 first place finishes.

(I am not sure if my source counted the Browns AAFC days)

the Dallas Cowboys 14 consecutive home losses from 1988-1989

The Cowboys are 434-314-6 for a .580 winning%

Dolphins: 387-281-4 .579

Bears: 693-507-42 .577

Packers: 654-518-36 .558

Raiders: 410-335-11 .550

20 times, exactly half

Michael Jackson, 1993

Since then the following RRHOFers have performed:

Diana Ross

James Brown

ZZ Top

Smokey Robinson

Martha Reeves

The Temptations

Stevie Wonder

Phil Collins (going in as a member of Genesis)

Aerosmith

U2

Sting (as a member of The Police)

Paul McCartney

The Rolling Stone

Prince

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Bruce Springsteen

The Who

Archived