THE BROWNS BOARD

Bad news

why cant we win

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924836

The Houston Rockets, Sacramento Kings and New York Knicks have agreed to terms that will expand the Houston-Sacramento deal into a three-way trade that lands Tracy McGrady with the Knicks, according to NBA front-office sources.

The Knicks will acquire McGrady and Sergio Rodriguez from Sacramento, sources said.

The Rockets get Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill and Jared Jeffries from New York and will have the right to swap first-round picks with New York in 2011 as well as take on New York's 2012 first-round pick.

Sacramento obtains Houston's Carl Landry and Joey Dorsey and New York's Larry Hughes.

this is bad news for cavs fans the knicks are trying to get someone so they can try to lure lebron not saying its going to happen but they are trying to get pieces together to lure him

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924836

The Houston Rockets, Sacramento Kings and New York Knicks have agreed to terms that will expand the Houston-Sacramento deal into a three-way trade that lands Tracy McGrady with the Knicks, according to NBA front-office sources.

The Knicks will acquire McGrady and Sergio Rodriguez from Sacramento, sources said.

The Rockets get Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill and Jared Jeffries from New York and will have the right to swap first-round picks with New York in 2011 as well as take on New York's 2012 first-round pick.

Sacramento obtains Houston's Carl Landry and Joey Dorsey and New York's Larry Hughes.

this is bad news for cavs fans the knicks are trying to get someone so they can try to lure lebron not saying its going to happen but they are trying to get pieces together to lure him

Alright weve been through this discussion many, many, many times There is NO reason for LBJ to leave cleveland he has everything he could ever need Money, power, family, friends even all the endorsements he could ever want(he turns down a lot of endorsements btw) Let me repeat myself there is no reason for him to leave.

i understand this im just posting it and its true it is a lure im not saying its going to work or anything im just saying its a lure

of course its a lure he is the most dominant player in the NBA period teams would be crazy to not try and get him

Alright weve been through this discussion many, many, many times There is NO reason for LBJ to leave cleveland he has everything he could ever need Money, power, family, friends even all the endorsements he could ever want(he turns down a lot of endorsements btw) Let me repeat myself there is no reason for him to leave.

Yeah, this will allow the Knicks to sign two max contracts. So put LeBron on the Knicks- him and who else is going to be good enough to beat the Lakers? Bosh? Nope. Stoudemire? Nope. Maybe they can try to get Kobe or Wade while they're at it, too bad they can't do three max contracts.

i just wish this lbj to (insert city) would go the hell away. what does ny have to lure lbj away from cleveland? WHAT? nothing, that's what. lbj would be playing with another good player and 10 d-leaguers in ny. also, ny has screwed up their draft picks for like the next 3 years.

does anyone really think that's appealing to lbj who's on a cavs team that has atleast won their first round in the play-offs since the 05/06 season? the knicks are about as dysfunctional as a nba team can get. why would lbj leave the team of gilbert, ferry and brown for that overreated crap FOR LESS MONEY??????? why would he leave a team of sure fire winners in cleveland for a team full of d-leaguers and another star?

what endorsement deal can't lbj get just becuase he's in cleveland? who in their right mind would turn down lbj just because he plays in cleveland? didn't lbj just get a new endorsement deal with mcdonalds? wow, i guess ronald doesn't care about him being in cleveland.

no disrespect to the op, but dude, if you're scared as a cavs fan (your words not mines) because of some move the knicks made can you please keep your fear to yourself? you're blowing up this board in multiple threads with your fear and you're acting like the debbie downer of the browns board.

Except winning a championship.

It better happen for us this year. The window is closing.

You may think LBJ has everything he needs, and he does IMO. I remember an interview done with him a few years back. He stated he doesn't just want to be rich, he wants to be filthy rich, a billionaire type rich. An owner. Never say never.

Yeah, and the way to do that is win championships-a lot of them. And....

1) It's been pointed out elsewhere many times- LeBron isn't going to make significantly more money in NY than Cleveland. McDonalds, Nike, and Powerade didn't have any trouble finding him, as will any other company looking for him to endorse their product. LBJ's already #2 in endorsement bucks, and he may well surpass Tiger in that regard soon considering Tiger's little PR problem.

2) Even with Bosh or Stoudemire, the Knicks with LeBron won't be good enough to challenge the Lakers in the 2010-11 season- they might not even be good enough to beat Orlando to get to the Finals. It will take at least one more year to get the rest of the pieces in place- so will LBJ throw away a potential championship year (that he would have in Cleveland) just to play for the Knicks? I hope not.

Um, like it's Cleveland

and than you have NYC...the International Mecca of Basketball and Business

yeah, I see no reason to leave Cleveand....geeze. :wacko:

Um, like it's Cleveland

and than you have NYC...the International Mecca of Basketball and Business

yeah, I see no reason to leave Cleveand....geeze. :wacko:

The Knicks haven't been the Mecca of basketball since Willis Reed. Stefon Marbury- Latrell Sprewell- Isiah Thomas, wow.

You want to talk Basketball meccas, try Boston 17 Championships. or Los Angeles 15 Championships. San Antonio Spurs 4, Wannabe Knicks- 2.

Archived