THE BROWNS BOARD

Jake Plummer...

BrownsBacker85

just researched jake's whereabouts: he is currently playing handball! chose to retire rather than compete with the likes of bruce gradkowski,jeff garcia,and luke mccown in Tampa bay.Oh,and he was accused of fondling three women in a nightclub while intoxicated,kicking one of them in the leg.He may be on some teams very,very big emergency lists!!!! wonder what tampa would want for him as they obviously still have rights on him.....

How about old Jake Plummer as a veteran mentor? Guess he may do a Farve.

I had to say it again, sorry if you heard the story before.

Remember when he flicked off the crowd off years back? That was me. I yelled you suck Plummer. George Foster even turned around and pointed me out in the crowd from the bench. I was right behind the camera a little up.

There was pressure to bench him in Denver after this for the next 2 season. The media was on his ass from then on. Which led to him retiring. Could I in effect, have ruined Jake Plummer's life? LOL

I would root for any team playing the Broncos just to piss people off. I must of went to 4 - 5 games a year.

jake2_e.jpg

League fines Plummer $5K for finger to fans

Dec. 17, 2004

SportsLine.com wire reports

DENVER -- Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer was fined $5,000 by the NFL on Friday for making an obscene gesture during last week's game against Miami.

Plummer and coach Mike Shanahan refused comment on the fine. Plummer apologized after the game, then during interviews Wednesday, admitted he wasn't perfect and promised he'd never make the same mistake again.

"I'm not a robot. I'm a man that has warm blood and sometimes it gets hot in there running through my veins," Plummer said. "You know people do things that they regret. As long as you can learn a lesson from it and stand up and be a man about what your actions were and move on, that's the true lesson you learn from it."

Plummer reached his hand behind his helmet and made the gesture upon reaching the bench after throwing a first-quarter interception in the 20-17 win over the Dolphins. The much-maligned quarterback has thrown six picks and no touchdowns in Denver's last two games. His 17 interceptions this season are the second most in the NFL.

I had to say it again, sorry if you heard the story before.

Remember when he flicked off the crowd off years back? That was me. I yelled you suck Plummer. George Foster even turned around and pointed me out in the crowd from the bench. I was right behind the camera a little up.

There was pressure to bench him in Denver after this for the next 2 season. The media was on his ass from then on. Which led to him retiring. Could I in effect, have ruined Jake Plummer's life? LOL

I would root for any team playing the Broncos just to piss people off. I must of went to 4 - 5 games a year.

jake2_e.jpg

League fines Plummer $5K for finger to fans

Dec. 17, 2004

SportsLine.com wire reports

DENVER -- Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer was fined $5,000 by the NFL on Friday for making an obscene gesture during last week's game against Miami.

Plummer and coach Mike Shanahan refused comment on the fine. Plummer apologized after the game, then during interviews Wednesday, admitted he wasn't perfect and promised he'd never make the same mistake again.

"I'm not a robot. I'm a man that has warm blood and sometimes it gets hot in there running through my veins," Plummer said. "You know people do things that they regret. As long as you can learn a lesson from it and stand up and be a man about what your actions were and move on, that's the true lesson you learn from it."

Plummer reached his hand behind his helmet and made the gesture upon reaching the bench after throwing a first-quarter interception in the 20-17 win over the Dolphins. The much-maligned quarterback has thrown six picks and no touchdowns in Denver's last two games. His 17 interceptions this season are the second most in the NFL.

That is some good stuff right there!

Archived