THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday

The Gipper

1. Given what happened exactly 30 years ago today, I ask this question: Do you believe in miracles?

2. Spring training begins in baseball this week. Is there any enthusiasm out there at all for baseball?

3. Today is George Washington's Birthday. If they were to add another bust to Mt. Rushmore, who would you propose?

4. The US beat Canada in Olympic hockey to spur what is sure to be a great rivalry in the future. In your opinion,, excluding any Browns opponents or Ohio State- Michigan, what is the best rivalry in sports.

5. In a completely un-American move the officials in Vancouver shut off the sale of beer last night. What is your favorite foreign beer, Canadian or otherwise?

1. Given what happened exactly 30 years ago today, I ask this question: Do you believe in miracles? yes

2. Spring training begins in baseball this week. Is there any enthusiasm out there at all for baseball? i'm am very interested in seeing how the indians do. i am always ready for baseball season.

3. Today is George Washington's Birthday. If they were to add another bust to Mt. Rushmore, who would you propose? me

4. The US beat Canada in Olympic hockey to spur what is sure to be a great rivalry in the future. In your opinion,, excluding any Browns opponents or Ohio State- Michigan, what is the best rivalry in sports. oprah winfrey vs. donuts.

5. In a completely un-American move the officials in Vancouver shut off the sale of beer last night. What is your favorite foreign beer, Canadian or otherwise? guinness

OK, to answer my own survey:

1. Given what happened exactly 30 years ago today, I ask this question: Do you believe in miracles?

I do not believe in supernatural occurrences if that is the definition of a miracle.

I do think that occasionally, the seemingly impossible can occur, but those are really just the right confluence of events happening. It was seemingly impossible for a bunch of college kids to beat the veteran, machine-like entity that was the Soviet hockey team, but it was not supernatural. A seeming miracle would be for me to win the lottery this week. It would be extremely lucky, but not miraculous.

2. Spring training begins in baseball this week. Is there any enthusiasm out there at all for baseball?

None on my part. I am angry at the bums who own the Indians for giving away their team, and at baseball for allowing the system of allowing teams to buy championships. Sorry.

3. Today is George Washington's Birthday. If they were to add another bust to Mt. Rushmore, who would you propose?

It would definitely be FDR. I have done a study on this and every organization that ranks the Presidents has FDR ranked at 1,2, or 3.

Following FDR would be Wilson, Jackson, Polk, Ike, Truman.

4. The US beat Canada in Olympic hockey to spur what is sure to be a great rivalry in the future. In your opinion,, excluding any Browns opponents or Ohio State- Michigan, what is the best rivalry in sports.

In American Sports behind OSU/Mich. it would be in my opinion Duke-North Carolina in basketball. Only 8 miles apart and both schools at the pinnacle of their sport. Texas/Oklahoma is the #3 rivalry. Money has created this rivalry Red Sox/Yankees

In international sports, I understand the most bitter rivals are Argentina/Brazil in soccer; England/Scotland in soccer; Australia/New Zealand in rugby; Korea/Japan in martial arts and India/Pakistan in cricket

5. In a completely un-American move the officials in Vancouver shut off the sale of beer last night. What is your favorite foreign beer, Canadian or otherwise?

Certainly it would be Guiness (using the term "beer" in its broadest sense), and Harp's. Then Negro Modelo and Molson Golden. Though, in reality, I am not that big a beer drinker.

No...because the Browns have been due for some kind of miracle for a looooong time.

Not yet. The Tribe has fallen back into the Gabe Paul/Phil Seghi era.

Reagan

Duke-North Carolina hoops

Heineken

If you're talking about burning bush type miracles, probably not but 'm amazed by the miraculous turnarounds seen in sports teams outside of Cleveland.

I used to love baseball but the Yankees and greedy owners have ruined it for me. It is a sad winter for a Tribe fan when the biggest move they make is bring back some strike out king power hitter who wasn't good enough for the Tribe 7 or 8 years ago when they cut him loose.

Ronnie Reagan! Really underappreciated and didn't take any crap from any one.

Army/Navy game, although Navy has dominated this rivalry for awhile.

German beer is the best by far! My favorite is the "blonde" wheat beer as they call it over there - and they finally sell it her in the U.S.!!!

Other than Ohio State-Michigan?

Lakers-Celtics

Sure, they happen all the time

Always...I love baseball.

Ronald Reagan

Army/Navy

Coors Light...I drink it the most, but Dort might be my favorite.

Yes.

Yes. I have a boner for bunting.

Jayne Mansfield. Now there's a bust...

North Carolina - Duke Basketball

Tecate.

Zombo

*que cher* Do you believe in life after love??? But seriously, miracles...sometimes. Only in sports i think.

Eh...Indians didnt do much in the offseason. Very disappointed. So not really.

FDR

UNC vs. Duke

Hoegardden mixed with Guiness.

To me, putting Ronald Reagan on Mt. Rushmore would be tantamount to inducting a really good cheerleader into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

That's cool. It was a stupid question in the first place.

Who's going to spend 25 years carving a face in rock with little pay??

That's cool. It was a stupid question in the first place.

Who's going to spend 25 years carving a face in rock with little pay??

It's not just the faces. Have you ever seen the other side of Mount Rushmore?

4754B997778E43B0951EFF2727D641E6.jpg

Zombo

Gutzon Borglum

(And notice that they have spent that long or longer working on Crazy Horse)

I know, and I am glad you didn't take offense to the "stupid" comment....it was a expression of speech more than a commentary on the question.....I enjoy your surveys.

So I guess these are the grandkids following the path.

I guess if you are a Borglum, you don't have many choices in life.

I know, and I am glad you didn't take offense to the "stupid" comment....it was a expression of speech more than a commentary on the question.....I enjoy your surveys.

So I guess these are the grandkids following the path.

I guess if you are a Borglum, you don't have many choices in life.

It is not the Borglum family that is producing Crazy Horse. It is being done by a family name Ziolkowski. According to their website, the work on the sculpture has been going on since 1948!

Archived