THE BROWNS BOARD

Tim Tebow Unveiling New Delivery

Tim Couch Pulls Out

Sorry man....you don't know what you are talking about.

On which part? Watched every Gator game over the last 7-8 years and Chris Leak had a very weak arm and he was a terrible QB.. Watching the Vols game this year you could see that Tebow could not read a NFL style defense..

From Rotoworld:

Long-time NFL coach and quarterback guru Sam Wyche is willing to put his reputation on the line that Tim Tebow will be an elite QB at the NFL level.

"If this guy can't be a starting quarterback in the NFL, then I was in the wrong profession for a lot of years," said Wyche, who has coached Joe Montana and Boomer Esiason among others. Though Wyche's eccentricities once earned him the nickname "Wicky Wacky," he's long been appreciated for open-mindedness and creativity. It's refreshing to hear a positive Tebow outlook from a respected offensive mind.

Interesting. With a lot of experts saying that there's nothing worth an early pick outside Clausen and Bradford, I would be all for gambling on a guy like Tebow, who could rewards the Browns a lot.

In Tebow's case, as with all players......We'll see.

IMHO, the kid is a winner & he'll do whatever is required to be a winner in the NFL. You can't coach attitude & pride....his are off the charts on the positive end.

Mike

Hundreds and hundreds of college players had attitude and pride, but they still didn't get drafted, or got cut or whatever because they just weren't good enough.

Most knowledgeable scouts who get paid to evaluate these things don't give Tebow much of a chance. Now, they are occasionally wrong. Tony Romo went undrafted, as did Kurt Warner, and Tom Brady was only picked in the 6th round, but, overall, these guys do a pretty decent job of talent evaluation.

It seems like they are more likely to overrate a QB than underrate them. Look at all the first round busts in say, just the last 10 years. It is the very rare low pick or undrafted QB that makes an impact in the NFL.

tebow will find a niche in the league, that i'm sure. It's been said here a little bit, but i've heard from reporters, scouts and what we know to be true about Tebow is that he'll work his ass off to be the best player he can be. In some respects, I'd rather have a guy who I know is going to come to the field every day striving to get better with perhaps less football tools than a premadonna with a bunch of talent but is lazy. From the work ethic football standpoint, he's probably the best QB in the draft (maybe) haha.

With that being said, even despite his new delivery I wouldn't take him before late 3rd or 4th. I'd almost bet right now though that the Jags take him with their 2nd round pick. IF he falls that far and we take him, I wouldn't be upset.

Bottom line: All we care about is what the Browns should do.

If Tebow is there in the 5th round or beyond, I wouldn't mind much if they used one of their 11 picks on him at that point. Take a flyer, why not.

Does anyone disagree with this possible approach?

Does anyone think we should invest a high pick on him?

Does anyone think we shouldn't touch him with a 10 foot Lithuanian, err, I mean a 10 foot Pole?

Hundreds and hundreds of college players had attitude and pride, but they still didn't get drafted, or got cut or whatever because they just weren't good enough.

Most knowledgeable scouts who get paid to evaluate these things don't give Tebow much of a chance. Now, they are occasionally wrong. Tony Romo went undrafted, as did Kurt Warner, and Tom Brady was only picked in the 6th round, but, overall, these guys do a pretty decent job of talent evaluation.

It seems like they are more likely to overrate a QB than underrate them. Look at all the first round busts in say, just the last 10 years. It is the very rare low pick or undrafted QB that makes an impact in the NFL

This is where I used to take umbrage with our former 20,000 post QB guru who claimed "drafting is so much better than it was 20 years ago & every highly touted qb coming out in the draft is a sure-fire franchise qb. " BS.

In answer to you other post, if Pike, LeVevour, and Tebow are all there in the third round- I take a flyer on one of them, and I really have no preference which- I'll leave that up to Holmgren. If I'm the Browns, I don't go qb shopping before then.

[ Look at all the first round busts in say, just the last 10 years. It is the very rare low pick or undrafted QB that makes an impact in the NFL[/color].

As I documented in another thread, there are only 3 teams in the NFL that are starting a QB that that team drafted that was taken below the first round. The following are all the QBs that have been selected in the first round since the 1999 season, by franchise:

Arizona: Matt Leinert

Atlanta: Michael Vick, Matt Ryan

Baltimore: Kyle Boller, Joe Flacco

Buffalo: J.P. Losman

Chicago: Cade McKnown, Rex Grossman

Cincy: Akili Smith, Carson Palmer

Cleveland: Tim Couch, Brady Quinn

Denver: Jay Cutler

Detroit: Joey Harrington, Matt Stafford

Green Bay: Aaron Rodgers

Houston: David Carr

Jacksonville: Byron Leftwich

Minnesota: Dante Culpepper

NY Giants: Eli Manning

NY Jets: Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez

Oakland: JaMarcus Russell

Philly: Donovan McNabb

Pittsburgh: Ben Roethlisberger

San Diego: Philip Rivers

San Fran: Alex Smith

Tampa Bay: Josh Freeman

Tennessee: Vince Young

Washington: Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell.

My question is: who of these do you think are true busts? What percent of 1st round QBs turn out busts?

[ Look at all the first round busts in say, just the last 10 years. It is the very rare low pick or undrafted QB that makes an impact in the NFL[/color].

As I documented in another thread, there are only 3 teams in the NFL that are starting a QB that that team drafted that was taken below the first round. The following are all the QBs that have been selected in the first round since the 1999 season, by franchise:

I will answer my own questions by highlighting those I think are true busts. Some that are not highlighted may mean that it is too early to judge, not that they have met with success:

Arizona: Matt Leinert

Atlanta: Michael Vick, Matt Ryan

Baltimore: Kyle Boller, Joe Flacco

Buffalo: J.P. Losman

Chicago: Cade McKnown, Rex Grossman

Cincy: Akili Smith, Carson Palmer

Cleveland: Tim Couch, Brady Quinn

Denver: Jay Cutler

Detroit: Joey Harrington, Matt Stafford

Green Bay: Aaron Rodgers

Houston: David Carr

Jacksonville: Byron Leftwich

Minnesota: Dante Culpepper

NY Giants: Eli Manning

NY Jets: Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez

Oakland: JaMarcus Russell

Philly: Donovan McNabb

Pittsburgh: Ben Roethlisberger

San Diego: Philip Rivers

San Fran: Alex Smith

Tampa Bay: Josh Freeman

Tennessee: Vince Young

Washington: Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell.

My question is: who of these do you think are true busts? What percent of 1st round QBs turn out busts?

Bottom line: All we care about is what the Browns should do.

If Tebow is there in the 5th round or beyond, I wouldn't mind much if they used one of their 11 picks on him at that point. Take a flyer, why not.

Does anyone disagree with this possible approach?

Does anyone think we should invest a high pick on him?

Does anyone think we shouldn't touch him with a 10 foot Lithuanian, err, I mean a 10 foot Pole?

WE SHOULD TRADE UP TO THE FIRST OVERALL PICK AND GRAB HIM!

Seriously, though, I'd take a shot at him in the third.

WE SHOULD TRADE UP TO THE FIRST OVERALL PICK AND GRAB HIM!

Seriously, though, I'd take a shot at him in the third.

I would take him with our 2nd round pick as it stands now.

But, I will wait for combine and pro day results to make a final call.

tebowsad.jpg

wonder if espn will have to set up the ole 'cryin room' like they did for quinn?

Probably not. I doubt Tim would go to that....and seeing everyones opinion of his ability, why would he even be invited? The NFL doesn't invite every 7th rounder.

Archived