THE BROWNS BOARD

Will you be mad if the Browns take Bryant?

dawgpound3

no, after drafting two wrs last year, there is no way this team drafts another one. we need haden more any way.

There is some speculation that both Suh, McCoy, Berry, and Haden would all be gone before the Browns 7th pick. One of the best scouting services, Scouts Inc. has all of the 4 above along with in the top 6 players available.

If that were the case the Browns could have one of the following available to them:

Jason Paul-Pierre DE South Florida ...(#4 best player per Scouts Inc.)

Anthony Davis OT Rutgers ...(#5 best player)

Russell Okung OT Okla. St. ...(#7 best player)

Derrick Morgan DE Ga. Tech...(#8 best player)

Any of these could fill a need for the Browns if the other 4 are gone, assuming that Davis and Okung could play RT rather than LT. Behind these are the "skill players":

Sam Bradford #9

Dez Bryant #10,

C.J. Spiller #11

or, the Browns could go and get one of these other players:

Bryan Baluga OT Iowa rated #12

Rolando McClain ILB Alabama rated #13.

To answer your question, no, I wouldn't be mad if they pick Bryant, but I would prefer as a matter of need one of those top 8 guys (McCoy was rated #1, Suh #2, Berry #3, Haden #6)

Let me make this clear. I do NOT want the Browns to take a QB with the #7 overall pick.

That being said, I'd rather they take a QB than a WR at #7 overall.

If Suh, McCoy, and Haden are all gone, I'd rather they take an OT or even an ILB.

I do NOT want Berry almost as much as I don't want a QB.

I do NOT want Berry almost as much as I don't want a QB. Thaak

Forgive me, Mr. Thaak, but what was it about Berry that you didn't like at 7 ?

I missed it - he's said to have the skills to also play cb. I would, though, take Haden over him every time...

I do NOT want Berry almost as much as I don't want a QB. Thaak

Forgive me, Mr. Thaak, but what was it about Berry that you didn't like at 7 ?

I missed it - he's said to have the skills to also play cb. I would, though, take Haden over him every time...

He's a safety. I did a post awhile back comparing several safeties I considered the best of the last 2 or 3 decades, and where they were picked. Only two that ended up being outstanding were picked in the top 10.

You just simply don't take a safety in the top 10 when you have so many other holes in your Defense.

Additionally, you don't need an Ed Reed or Troy Polomalu when you have two shut-down corners (i.e. Minnefield and Dixon).

If we traded down to say 20 or something and Berry were there? Sure.

He's a safety. I did a post awhile back comparing several safeties I considered the best of the last 2 or 3 decades, and where they were picked. Only two that ended up being outstanding were picked in the top 10.

You just simply don't take a safety in the top 10 when you have so many other holes in your Defense.

Additionally, you don't need an Ed Reed or Troy Polomalu when you have two shut-down corners (i.e. Minnefield and Dixon).

If we traded down to say 20 or something and Berry were there? Sure.

i get what you're saying at a base level, but there's a big hole in there. The browns by no means have two shut down corners, Eric Wright is good but not shutdown, and God knows every other DB we have is not great haha. I think for the browns, we have to draft based on best player available. Berry is going to be a great player, and a sure help to the team. McClain would be somewhat of a stretch there, along with any skill position. Likewise, I wouldn't be extremely upset if we took a solid OT at that position either based on BPA.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely in the camp of taking Haden before Berry. but if for some reason Haden is gone and Berry is there the Browns need to take him.

If Berry and Haden is off the board and the Browns take Dez Bryant, will you be mad?

No, but if Berry, Hayden and both QBs are off the board, (Suh certainly will be) I'm all for trading down.

If Berry and Haden is off the board and the Browns take Dez Bryant, will you be mad?

infinitely.

first off, is he even Mangini character material? i'm not impressed with Dez Bryant and wouldn't even take him with our 2nd round pick. he's a specimen, but maybe not an innate football player.

as the saying goes, perfect vision does not a marksman make. if they want a blue chip WR take Golden Tate--now THAT'S a football player. AND he can be had much later on at a much better price/value.

I like Haden but wouldn't take ANY of those other top prospects. taking Berry much later as Thaak suggested wouldn't bother me but i really hope they just try to trade out of that #7 overall.

why stay when we can effectively fill all our most dire needs later on?

How about this hypothetical: Who WOULD trade the Browns #7 pick for?:

Adrian Peterson? ok

Philip Rivers? YES!

Elvis Dumervil? maybe

Andre Johnson? NO WAY IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drew Brees? SURE!

Others?

I am as anti QB/WR in the top 15 as anyone can be but I would take Bryant at 7 if the others are gone. Here's why.

This draft is deeeeeeeeep with defensive talent. We can get a starting DB in the 3rd round if we do even minimal scouting. And the thought of having Robo in the slot, MoMass as the #2, and a 6'4 inch 230lb #1 who runs a 4.4 on the other side for the next 5 years is a really, really nice thought. ALthough, I still wanna get out of the #7 spot and compile picks. And if Bryant is there at #7, expect tons of phone calls to Heckert and Mangini to come in. Now THAT, is a really nice thought.

I will be disappointed if we ignore it once again as usual.

The lack of skill players on Offense, Rich, has more to do with player evaluation than it does on ignoring the O side of the ball.

Recent Top Draftpicks (Offense) - and I am ignoring Thomas and the Center because they don't fit the definition of 'skill players'.

Brady Quinn

Robiskie

MoMass

I agree that the RB position has been taken for granted - a nice way of saying 'underdeveloped'. was a pretty good stop gap but, the problem is, there is still nobody with any track record of success to run the ball (Harrison is still a big ? in my book).

My personal opinion is that the Browns will draft Defense in Round #1 but they do have needs at RB, WR, TE.

I am as anti QB/WR in the top 15 as anyone can be but I would take Bryant at 7 if the others are gone. Here's why.

This draft is deeeeeeeeep with defensive talent. We can get a starting DB in the 3rd round if we do even minimal scouting. And the thought of having Robo in the slot, MoMass as the #2, and a 6'4 inch 230lb #1 who runs a 4.4 on the other side for the next 5 years is a really, really nice thought. ALthough, I still wanna get out of the #7 spot and compile picks. And if Bryant is there at #7, expect tons of phone calls to Heckert and Mangini to come in. Now THAT, is a really nice thought.

If you are refering to DEZ Bryant as being 6'4" 230, you are completely wrong, he is barley 6'2 and he is 217.

Drafting him with the number 1 is not a great idea when we traded the same player away last year for a 3rd. There is a shit ton of value this year in the first 3 rounds, we might trade down again and get picks.

Drafting Bryant, would certainly Make an Immediate improvement on our Offence, which Ranked 8th in Rush YDs, and OL Ranked 5th in QB Sacks and Hits, so our OL is obviously pretty solid, so adding an offensive threat like Bryant at WR alongside Harrison/Jennings/Davis/Cribbs at RB could spice up our offensive pretty well, and that even with keeping our poor QB's from last year. As guys are saying the DBs in this draft are pretty good, so taking that slot in 2nd or 3rd round and our team will start to look pretty good. Oh and by the way our Pass Rush was ranked 8th in sacks, and that was with some good players missing, so maybe our main areas of concern are just WR/DB.

Drafting Bryant, would certainly Make an Immediate improvement on our Offence, which Ranked 8th in Rush YDs, and OL Ranked 5th in QB Sacks and Hits, so our OL is obviously pretty solid, so adding an offensive threat like Bryant at WR alongside Harrison/Jennings/Davis/Cribbs at RB could spice up our offensive pretty well, and that even with keeping our poor QB's from last year. As guys are saying the DBs in this draft are pretty good, so taking that slot in 2nd or 3rd round and our team will start to look pretty good. Oh and by the way our Pass Rush was ranked 8th in sacks, and that was with some good players missing, so maybe our main areas of concern are just WR/DB.

Let our other WR develope. MoMass was spotty last year, but showed a shit ton of upside. Robo was invisible, but he will improve. Usually no rookie is that badass thier first year. Also we need a qb that can get them the ball a little more often. Any OL would be great with the #7 pick, but if we go anyother route, we need Mr. Spiller, he is going to be so nasty in the NFL. I still think Hayden will be there though. I also hope we can trade for Boldin, one of our 3rds or Shuan Rogers straight up would be great.

The lack of skill players on Offense, Rich, has more to do with player evaluation than it does on ignoring the O side of the ball.

Recent Top Draftpicks (Offense) - and I am ignoring Thomas and the Center because they don't fit the definition of 'skill players'.

Brady Quinn

Robiskie

MoMass

I agree that the RB position has been taken for granted - a nice way of saying 'underdeveloped'. was a pretty good stop gap but, the problem is, there is still nobody with any track record of success to run the ball (Harrison is still a big ? in my book).

My personal opinion is that the Browns will draft Defense in Round #1 but they do have needs at RB, WR, TE.

John so taking three skill players in six years was enough.................me I knew Quinn was a bust from day one and stated so

We have no offense we need guys who can score points..................

This franchise has dismally focused on all the wrong things for ten years now

That said I am more optimistic than any time since the resurrection of crap ten years ago

and Oh yeah Thomas and Mack were first round picks on a team devoid of people who touch the ball who make things happen............you supported my point

and don't forget they have a huge need at the most important position QB where two losers preside

If you are refering to DEZ Bryant as being 6'4" 230, you are completely wrong, he is barley 6'2 and he is 217.

Drafting him with the number 1 is not a great idea when we traded the same player away last year for a 3rd. There is a shit ton of value this year in the first 3 rounds, we might trade down again and get picks.

Dude, you're right.I should have found out for myself and not listened to a guy at work, he is 6'2. Now that I know that, I say heeeeeell no I don't want him at 7. I want to trade out of that spot and compile picks.

Dude, you're right.I should have found out for myself and not listened to a guy at work, he is 6'2. Now that I know that, I say heeeeeell no I don't want him at 7. I want to trade out of that spot and compile picks.

He's still a big reciever, like Andre Johnson. Wouldn't you want Andre Johnson? Case closed. Bryant is really good, nice hands.

Actually at 7 just take the best player there.

We can use many positions.

Bryant will need time to sync with whoever the QB is (and I hope Quinn gets a shot at it)

BTW somebody here predicted Troy Smith wouldn't suck so....

We need strenght on the right side since Tucker retired.

WSS

Archived