THE BROWNS BOARD

Dunta Robinson - Texans cb - FA

calfoxwc

The Houston Texans are willing to let cornerback Dunta Robinson test the free-agent market, choosing not to place the franchise tag on him for the second straight year, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

AFC South blog-

ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky writes about all things AFC South in his division blog. The Texans tried to work out a contract extension with Robinson but when talks stalled the team decided not to use the franchise tag. When Houston used the franchise tag on Robinson last year, the cornerback was paid $9.96 million for the 2009 season after he signed his tender.

Robinson, who is the Texans' career interceptions leader with 13, started all 16 games for Houston last season.

Robinson was a first-round pick from South Carolina in the 2004 draft. Many regard him as the top cornerback on the market along with New England's Leigh Bodden, who also will not be tagged.

KRIV-TV in Houston first reported that Robinson wouldn't receive the franchise tag.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

Word. I'd be ecstatic with Dunta or Leigh.

OK, but again, the question is, if we picked one of them up, would that answer the Browns questions at cornerback such that you think that we should not consider drafting Haden if he were available with our pick?

Would you take one of those two AND pick Haden?

OR, would you think about signing both Bodden and Robinson to a FA deal? (then surely Haden would be a non-factor in the Browns draft)

I wouldn't hate it, although it isn't what *I* want, no.

So let me get this straight. You are against signing a CB, which historically has panned out much better in the top 10 than a safety, at #7, but you are ok with signing a safety at #7? That makes no sense at all.

If we sign Robinson or Bodden, it would mean we could go DL or LB at 7... but it also could mean that

the Browns could do the trade down thing, still get the perfect first round guy again, and get a second 2nd round pick this year.

There is again going to be a ton of talent in the second round this year.

A major FA signing to solidy what had been a major weakness opens up nice possibilities in the draft.

If we sign Robinson or Bodden, it would mean we could go DL or LB at 7... but it also could mean that

the Browns could do the trade down thing, still get the perfect first round guy again, and get a second 2nd round pick this year.

There is again going to be a ton of talent in the second round this year.

A major FA signing to solidy what had been a major weakness opens up nice possibilities in the draft.

Agree!!!

Archived