THE BROWNS BOARD

No QB Competition Next Year

WebsterSlaughter

Big Mike doesn't foresee a QB competition next year. Most smart coaches know they don't work. Look for Quinn to get the start next year. The link below takes you to his thoughts.

Longshot That Quinn and Anderson Will Be on the Roster Together

March 20th, if Anderson's still on the roster, we probably know who the starter is.

I just hope BQ can hold up for an entire season. For someone who is in the gym all the time, he always gets these little annoying injuries, and by that i mean, the injuries that are not the typical torn acl or rotator cuff tear, but like a broken finger and tore foot tendon. I just want to know how involved MH will be with telling the coach who his qb is. I know he can bring in who he wants, but doesnt the coach decide what works?

My thoughts are that mangini isnt crazy about either DA or BQ but on the otherhand mangini doesnt know jack about QBs..

I have a hard time seeing either BQ or DA here this year but because of the roster bonus i dont see DA being around at all unless he restructures to play second fiddle to BQ if we go with BQ that is, it will all become clear soon enough!

However it ends up i will be thrilled that the QB circus will finally be over....;)

It makes sense to me that we will send DA packing and may finally give a stiff musclebound BQ his shot...i cant see trading him at this point unless we recieve a really sweet offer which isnt likely due to him being unproven so i think we at least start him and build up his value for trade next year unless he proves he is or can be the guy and actually still wants to play in cleveland..

My thoughts are that mangini isnt crazy about either DA or BQ but on the otherhand mangini doesnt know jack about QBs..

I have a hard time seeing either BQ or DA here this year but because of the roster bonus i dont see DA being around at all unless he restructures to play second fiddle to BQ if we go with BQ that is, it will all become clear soon enough!

However it ends up i will be thrilled that the QB circus will finally be over....;)

Well, Holmgren does know jack about QBs, having coached some of the best, so his input will obviously be important.

Archived