THE BROWNS BOARD

Would trading Harrison to the Chargers bring Cromartie??

playerjdd

So San Diego seems to be shopping for a everydown runningback. We are in need of a CB and we have Harrison as a RFA this year. It seems like a good fit for San Diego to trade Cromartie to Cleveland for a resigned Harrison + a possible draft pick. It allows Cleveland to not worry about CB with their first round pick and take a young RB like CJ Spiller.

As good as Harrison was on his last few games he is still unproven. Do you remember Lee Suggs? He had a 3 hundred+ yard games to end the season then after that he didnt do anything. I dont even think he broke 50 another game in his life. All im saying is Harrison is a very unproven back. He has shown he is somewhat inconsistent.

As good as Harrison was on his last few games he is still unproven. Do you remember Lee Suggs? He had a 3 hundred+ yard games to end the season then after that he didnt do anything. I dont even think he broke 50 another game in his life. All im saying is Harrison is a very unproven back. He has shown he is somewhat inconsistent.

While I don't think he is THE guy at this point I'd like to see him stick around and not get shoved to the back burner or traded/released.

I really liked what he did at the end of the season when our line was really starting to come together. We ran all over on teams with weak D's but that is what good running teams are supposed to do and I'd like to see what Harrison can do against the better defenses next year.

It all depends on what the Chargers want.

If it is JH for Cromatie, then it will be a fine deal; but the chargers will expect something a lot higher. Also are the changers keen on getting rid of that guy ? We know we need a RB after Lewis retired (we knew it even before he retired); but to trade away the one who promises success against teams that sport a weak Run Defense will further weaken our offense Unless we do get a proven back (LT and Westbrook will demand a higher payscale and are just JL redux).

I dont mind the trade as long as we have nothing to lose but JH.

Why is everyone trying to get rid of Harrison?

If he isn't worth enough to keep around (as some seem to be saying that he's unproven and not that good) and hand the rock to every game for at least 20 carries a game, then do you think we are going to get much more than a 3rd rounder in return for him?

If we can't get at least a 1st rounder for him, it isn't even worth discussing.

If we have to give up Harrison AND something to get another player, it isn't even worth discussing.

Harrison played well yes but he is easily replaced. When he finished the season the way he did the first thing I thought of was his trade value. If we can get a 3rd round pick, TAKE IT! We have two backs on the team that can fill that role without having to pay them anything at all. Compile picks, save salary, trade Quinn, trade Harrison, move forward. Before I get yelled at, trade Quinn but make DA a backup.

Harrison played well yes but he is easily replaced. When he finished the season the way he did the first thing I thought of was his trade value. If we can get a 3rd round pick, TAKE IT! We have two backs on the team that can fill that role without having to pay them anything at all. Compile picks, save salary, trade Quinn, trade Harrison, move forward. Before I get yelled at, trade Quinn but make DA a backup.

Are you crazy!? Less than a first would be colossaly stupid. Even Holmgren seems to agree based on current comments.

I am by no means saying trade Harrison for a draft pick unless its a first. All i am saying is instead of drafting a CB with our first why wouldnt we look at the prospect of trading for a proven one. I also think we will look at some of the FA availabe but as everybody knows the good cb's dont make it to FA and for good reason. It is very tough to find a good shutdown corner in the league. We have been neglecting the secondary for years and I believe it has led to part of our demise.

So San Diego seems to be shopping for a everydown runningback. We are in need of a CB and we have Harrison as a RFA this year. It seems like a good fit for San Diego to trade Cromartie to Cleveland for a resigned Harrison + a possible draft pick. It allows Cleveland to not worry about CB with their first round pick and take a young RB like CJ Spiller.

So.................PB CB Cromartie for an unproven RB?

Who you zoomin'?

Putting this as nice as possible...

Forever ban yourself from making opinions, but have a great day!

yep, lets trade away all our good players right before they become superstars. maybe we should get rid of joe thomas and vickers for draft picks so we have the possiblity of drafting a bust that gives the team nothing.

I think that's jumping the gun a bit much. I can understand why people want so heavily to believe that JH is the next "superstar", but it's highly unlikely that he will be. I'm not saying he'll be terrible, but I don't think he'll be rattling off consecutive 2,000 yard seasons either. He'll probably be quite servicable, but if the opportunity was there for a Harrison-Cromartie trade, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Even if we had to give up a 5th rounder. Nothing higher than that, though.

But you can all rest assured that it won't happen.

I'm also putting this as nice as possible...

What gives you the right to sound so elitist? I'm just saying. An opinion is an opinion, and I feel those that proclaim Harrison to be a superstar are just as dumb as those that want to trade him and a high draft pick.

Dude, take your emotions out of the equation for a sec. Do you really think that #35 can do anything that 34 and 28 can't? The answer is no. Now, that is just my opinion but lets pretend its true. Why wouldn't you want to deal him now before his stock drops or he gets his little ass injured? Because as much as people like to compare him to MJD and Sproles, he isn't nearly as strong as either of them. But back to the topic. This team needs a lot more than an agile, inconsistent, undersized back. So why not deal him now for picks or whatever instead of writing up a unearned contract who's skill set is a dime a dozen? Now, in response to your request to never post again. Anyone who has a picture of a CB who gets chewed up all day on slants, outs, and hitches, and dresses like Dion but covers like a DL, isn't qualified to criticise.

I think that's jumping the gun a bit much. I can understand why people want so heavily to believe that JH is the next "superstar", but it's highly unlikely that he will be. I'm not saying he'll be terrible, but I don't think he'll be rattling off consecutive 2,000 yard seasons either. He'll probably be quite servicable, but if the opportunity was there for a Harrison-Cromartie trade, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Even if we had to give up a 5th rounder. Nothing higher than that, though.

But you can all rest assured that it won't happen.

i'm well aware of that. however every time we get a player that shows sparks of talent, people wanna play armchair GM and trade him away for a player thats past his prime and on the decline, or a draft pick. you can't put together a winning football team if everytime you find a player with talent you want to trade him away.

1) Third rounder? Can I have some of whatever you're smoking? Harrison will undoubtedly get tendered high and no one is going to give up a first round pick to get him. Yeah, guys that rush for 200 + yards in a game are a dime a dozen, easily replaced. In fact, the guys that have done it twice reads like a who's who in the HOF.

2) Hate to break it to you but Holmgren's an open book- and Quinn is the one that stays- and Anderson is getting the heave-ho. Now there was a mistake not unloading leadfoot strongarm when we could have gotten a first rounder for him. According to Holmgren, the qb derby is over- you need 30 starts to evaluate a qb- Anderson has 39, Quinn 12.

Isnt that what 90% of this forum is people playing armchair QB. I by no means wanna trade harrison for a draft pick unless somehow brings a high first(which it wont). Even though Harrison ran for 200+ yards against KC that is not as impressive as it sounds. I live in the local KC area and the Chiefs have a horrible time stopping the run. Harrison has had a rocky past and is by no means a savior. Whether you want to realize it or not we will be bringing in another RB. I would like to get a fresh young talent in to spark up the Organization like Spiller. If we kept Harrison i could see us drafting a Jahvid Best or maybe a bigger back.

The real point of all of this is that there is no way Mangini and Holmgren want a locker room cancer like Cromartie on this team. There's a reason he's being run out of San Diego...he's got a crappy attitude...he tanked it in the Jets playoff game and he's well known as the leader of the party squad that has players on the team out all night during the season carrying on and causing trouble.

Cromartie is not going to be playing for the Browns.

he's well known as the leader of the party squad that has players on the team out all night during the season carrying on and causing trouble.

Mark

THANK YOU. That makes it all the more true - getting rid of Harrison is NOT addition by subtraction. If I were the Browns, and we had Cromartie was our player,

I'd trade him to somebody for Harrison, and I'd toss in a good draft pick.

The Cleveland Indians are known for trading away good solid players, let's not go there with the Browns, ya?

If Mangini thought that Edwards and Winslow were trouble makers and that thier talent wasn't worth more to the team than the pain in the ass they would be in the locker room....there is no way in hell Cromartie is going to be coming here.

He's Edwards and Winslow combined and probably still worse than both of them.

all these people talking about trading harrison need to shut up. how do you think players progress and emerge from the system of the draft? not every player comes in as a rookie and blows the doors off. half of the decent running backs in the game are 2-3 year guys. quinn is gone. get rid of the fat on both lines and just pick berry or haden. leave our untested rb's alone. they'll be fine if the right side is ever taken care of.

Yes, Antonio Cromartie doesnt have a squeaky clean history but he is a pro bowl corner. Sometimes all guys need is a fresh start. Does anybody recall Randy Moss coming into the draft; he had a less than impressive history. Its funny people tend to look over past a players history when they are prime time players ie Brandon Marshall.

all these people talking about trading harrison need to shut up. how do you think players progress and emerge from the system of the draft? not every player comes in as a rookie and blows the doors off. half of the decent running backs in the game are 2-3 year guys. quinn is gone. get rid of the fat on both lines and just pick berry or haden. leave our untested rb's alone. they'll be fine if the right side is ever taken care of.

I think all those people claiming Harrison is a superstar need to shut up. Now what?

No, seriously. I would trade Harrison for a good CB and nothing else. And that's without giving up anything less than a 5th rounder. I don't want to trade him, but we also have two other runningbacks on our roster, and this year's draft is decently full of RB's. I'm not saying I want us to draft an RB by any means, but if we were to trade Harrison (which I'm also not saying I would necessarily want us to do), this year would be the year to do it.

EDIT: And Quinn is not gone, I don't know what sources you're hearing that from. He'll be the starter in '10. Also, if we were to trade for a CB, we wouldn't need to draft Haden at #7 and we'd have more flexibility with our picks. We could pick up an RB in the 3rd round that will have essentially the same tools as an RB in the first round, as well as the same tools as Harrison.

NOW, ONCE AGAIN- I'M NOT SAYING I ADVOCATE THIS. I AM ONLY THROWING A HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION OUT THERE. Take your emotions out of it.

Some people believe Harrison is made of gold for some reason. He is by no means a Frank Gore, Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson so if he was able to bring a pro bowl CB i say do it. We could pick up a more than serviceable RB in FA then with our first round pick we could draft a beast of a RT and our line would be stout for years to the point my FA(fat ass) would make it through.

[quote name='Tim Couch Pulls Out' date='Feb 28 2010, 07:12 PM' post='158256'

NOW, ONCE AGAIN- I'M NOT SAYING I ADVOCATE THIS. I AM ONLY THROWING A HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION OUT THERE. Take your emotions out of it.

just throwing my opinion up here like everyone else. it bugs me to think that people don't want to wait to let something or someone pan out. i'm not saying he's a suerstar by any means but someone thought he was worth something to draft him. i personally would draft an o lineman that way any running back we have could be productive. oh btw sometimes i come off as smart 'assish'. live in ny long enough and it rubs off on ya. -peace.

Yes, Antonio Cromartie doesnt have a squeaky clean history but he is a pro bowl corner. Sometimes all guys need is a fresh start. Does anybody recall Randy Moss coming into the draft; he had a less than impressive history. Its funny people tend to look over past a players history when they are prime time players ie Brandon Marshall.

And Edwards was a pro bowl wide receiver and Winslow was a pro bowl tight end and in both cases Mangini didn't think the talent of either of them outweighed being a pain in the ass and a locker room cancer.

Cromartie is worse than both...why else would a team be dumping a "pro bowl" corner in a pass happy league??

Archived