THE BROWNS BOARD

Would trading Harrison to the Chargers bring Cromartie??

playerjdd

How can you compare Edwards aka cant catch a ball and Winslow aka crash to Cromartie. And to clevelandrocks i would be fine keeping Harrison but i would like to see us add another rb to the mix if we do cause Davis and Jennings are not solid backups. The reason i posted this is because we are in dire need for a CB. The way its looking now we probably wont even have to trade for Cromartie to get him.

saying cromartie is a probowl CB is like saying BE is a probowl receiver. they both did it once, and they were both out of the norm.

DA was a probowl QB....i dont see us, or any other teams, drooling over him.

playerjdd and couch,

Why are you guys hating on harrison? There is no reason for it! He was the only playmaker on offense last year (aside from cribb's spot duty).

I know this because i) I have eyes ii) his stats have been consistent even though his playing time has not been

I'm not hating on him as much as I just feel like its better to trade him now while his stock is high rather than overpay for a guy who can easily be replaced. If there has been one constant in the NFL over the years its that teams that commit to running the ball are successful running the ball. Because of that, he can be replaced. Davis has more than enough speed to get outside. One of the things that surpised me about him before his injury was how easy he did get outside against NFL defenses. He's a one-cut runner and is more than capable of carrying the load (if he stays healthy). He can also run between the tackles and run through tackles. The same can be said for Jennings who is a really tough runner who holds onto the ball and can be a solid backup. If you add a vet (T.Jones, Tomlinson, Westbrook, L. Washington) whoever it may be, and another second day draft pick to this backfield you are in really good shape. You'll forget about Harrison and you would have gotten something in return. So, while he's on IR on some other team or coming in on 3rd and longs, we'll have a solid backfield and a shiny new draft pick. Who cares if its a 3rd or 4th rounder, its better than over-paying a guy to come in and do something that 100 other RBs can do behind this line, in this system.

And don't forget, he was in Mangini's dog house most of the year because of his poor practice habits (allegedly) and he has really had a difficult time saying anything nice about his coach in public. Its not too far of a stretch to think that Mangini may want him out of here. When a player and a coach don't see eye-to-eye, the coach always wins. And as a matter of personal preference, I like RBs with a little more size who can take hits and run through arm tackles. Not to mention, he fumbles too much. You add in the fact that he can't block, doesn't have reliable hands out of the backfield, and the gawdy stats at the end of the year; now you have a perfect oppurtunity to hose some other team for a possible 3rd and 5th round picks. Which is what I would tender him at.

just throwing my opinion up here like everyone else. it bugs me to think that people don't want to wait to let something or someone pan out. i'm not saying he's a suerstar by any means but someone thought he was worth something to draft him. i personally would draft an o lineman that way any running back we have could be productive. oh btw sometimes i come off as smart 'assish'. live in ny long enough and it rubs off on ya. -peace.

I know what you're saying. It does seem like everybody we trade away goes on to have illustrious careers somewhere else. I'm just throwing out hypotheticals, that is all. I'm just wondering which way the team can benefit the most, whether it be through Harrison or through adding a corner. I do agree about an O-lineman, though. If we draft a good enough RT, we could plug essentially any RB back there and he'll get yards. Something to think about.

playerjdd and couch,

Why are you guys hating on harrison? There is no reason for it! He was the only playmaker on offense last year (aside from cribb's spot duty).

I know this because i) I have eyes ii) his stats have been consistent even though his playing time has not been

I'm not hating on Harrison. If you actually read what I put, you'd realize this.

I'm not hating on him as much as I just feel like its better to trade him now while his stock is high rather than overpay for a guy who can easily be replaced. If there has been one constant in the NFL over the years its that teams that commit to running the ball are successful running the ball. Because of that, he can be replaced. Davis has more than enough speed to get outside. One of the things that surpised me about him before his injury was how easy he did get outside against NFL defenses. He's a one-cut runner and is more than capable of carrying the load (if he stays healthy). He can also run between the tackles and run through tackles. The same can be said for Jennings who is a really tough runner who holds onto the ball and can be a solid backup. If you add a vet (T.Jones, Tomlinson, Westbrook, L. Washington) whoever it may be, and another second day draft pick to this backfield you are in really good shape. You'll forget about Harrison and you would have gotten something in return. So, while he's on IR on some other team or coming in on 3rd and longs, we'll have a solid backfield and a shiny new draft pick. Who cares if its a 3rd or 4th rounder, its better than over-paying a guy to come in and do something that 100 other RBs can do behind this line, in this system.

And don't forget, he was in Mangini's dog house most of the year because of his poor practice habits (allegedly) and he has really had a difficult time saying anything nice about his coach in public. Its not too far of a stretch to think that Mangini may want him out of here. When a player and a coach don't see eye-to-eye, the coach always wins. And as a matter of personal preference, I like RBs with a little more size who can take hits and run through arm tackles. Not to mention, he fumbles too much. You add in the fact that he can't block, doesn't have reliable hands out of the backfield, and the gawdy stats at the end of the year; now you have a perfect oppurtunity to hose some other team for a possible 3rd and 5th round picks. Which is what I would tender him at.

Good points, mopaji. I agree. If we were to trade Harrison, now would be the time. His stock is the highest it's been and is likely to ever get (unless we're wrong and he's actually a superstar). I also share the same infatuation with bigger runningbacks. I absolutely love Frank Gore, although I can't stand the 49ers. I'm not partial to pure speed runningbacks, even though Chris Johnson tore up the NFL last season. I think James Davis can be a great RB in the league, but we'll just have to see. As for Harrison, he's sticking around no matter what we say.

Archived