THE BROWNS BOARD

Scouting combine, so far

calfoxwc

well, watching the scounting combine - I learned that Mangini and Holmgren were sitting in the stands,

watching the offensive linemen and tight ends work out. There weren't too many other coaches etc there around them...

Learned that the TE class is very deep. You could get a good NFL te player in the 4/5th rounds one guy said.

There are a lot of OT's in this draft. A few ran the 40 well under 5.0. that's just crazy.

Seems to me that the Browns are a lock to draft a versatile TE and OT this draft.

I think I need to do another Browns draft before I watch anymore, so I can be completely wrong again,

before watching too much and maybe getting a couple of picks correct.

In one shot I saw Mangini, Holmgren, and Heckert in their assigned section. Maybe 1-2 other milling around.

I think they separate teams by a section or two to minimize prying eyes and open ears. In any of these stadiums it isn't hard to spread 32 teams in such a way you aren't on top of each other.

wel i saw a couple guys run the 40

Dwyer- 4.69

Gerhart- 4.52

S. Johnson-4.71

McCluster-4.55

McKnight-4.42

C.Scott-4.67 & 4.72

C.Spiller- 4.28 & 4.27

B. Tate- 4.45

T.tebow-4.70

I was kind of surprised dwyer ran almost the same speed of tebow... spiller burned it up... but really the guy who I think will be a very good back that isn't getting much attention is ben tate I thought he was the best back in the SEC this year including ingram who won the heisman and he ran a respectable 4.45 while weight in at 220.. Gerhart looked good too for how big he is

Dwyer- 4.69

Gerhart- 4.52

S. Johnson-4.71

McCluster-4.55

McKnight-4.42

C.Scott-4.67 & 4.72

C.Spiller- 4.28 & 4.27

B. Tate- 4.45

T.tebow-4.70

I was kind of surprised dwyer ran almost the same speed of tebow... spiller burned it up... but really the guy who I think will be a very good back that isn't getting much attention is ben tate I thought he was the best back in the SEC this year including ingram who won the heisman and he ran a respectable 4.45 while weight in at 220.. Gerhart looked good too for how big he is

I like Ben Tate......I wasn't surprised Tebow ran almost as fast as Dwyer.

Does Tebow have some strong looking legs? Looked like a linemans legs, minus the fat.

Dont let your hatred get in the way of being realistic. Yea, he wears a skirt. Much like the Yankees suck, right? I hate the Yankees. But they dont suck. Posts like yours crack me up.

i hope it cracks you up. it was meant to be funny. some people should get a sense of humor and not be so serious all the flippin time. and no the yankees don't suck. their fans do.

Guest birddog1

Dwyer- 4.69

Gerhart- 4.52

S. Johnson-4.71

McCluster-4.55

McKnight-4.42

C.Scott-4.67 & 4.72

C.Spiller- 4.28 & 4.27

B. Tate- 4.45

T.tebow-4.70

They are saying the official time on Spiller is 4.37. How it can be off that much from the unofficial time that the NFL Network guys were clocking is beyond me.

Damn, if Spiller is there at 7, trade offers are going to be pouring into Browns camp.

If spiller is there at no.7 we need to grab him. A good running game will carry a mediocre offense.

If spiller is there at no.7 we need to grab him. A good running game will carry a mediocre offense.

I totally agree with you I just think that running the ball is about attitude and if you commit to it, you'll be successful with almost any back. Because of that, there will be a few dome teams and middle of the road teams that would be willing to trade two picks and a player for a Chance to get Spiller. And considering how much defense is in this draft, the more picks we can get, the better. And we can always get a good RB in the 3rd or 4th round.

Tebow can scoot....I was surprised at his off the line torque...Now how that relates to success as a NFL QB is anybody's guess but i think the kid understands that he is basically starting over again and needs to prove himself.....It is obvious he is serious about doing whatever it takes to succeed at the next level.....He get's an A for effort from me...

If anyone has a good source for combine video let me know..Did you know that vegas takes bets on combine events???? Only in America

somewhat agree on picking Spiller.Vikings had a 1,000 yd. rusher the year before they drafted Peterson,but still picked him.If Haden is there at 7 I think you take him,its the best player and biggest need on defense.Ben Tate may be the pick in rd. 2

Tebow can scoot....I was surprised at his off the line torque...Now how that relates to success as a NFL QB is anybody's guess but i think the kid understands that he is basically starting over again and needs to prove himself.....It is obvious he is serious about doing whatever it takes to succeed at the next level.....He get's an A for effort from me...

If anyone has a good source for combine video let me know..Did you know that vegas takes bets on combine events???? Only in America

It's just the way the kid is....what you see isn't a act....it is genuine and the way the guy is...I don't think the kid cares what he is paid.

He just wants to have someone want him...and the team that does is going to get the steal of the draft.

That kid is going to be a Super Bowl MVP....as a QB.

As Mooch said....he could play QB for me any day......Chucky has said the same thing.....both Holmgren guys......I bet Holmgren likes his too.

If he is there at our pick in the 2nd, I think there is a good chance we take him.

It's just the way the kid is....what you see isn't a act....it is genuine and the way the guy is...I don't think the kid cares what he is paid.

He just wants to have someone want him...and the team that does is going to get the steal of the draft.

That kid is going to be a Super Bowl MVP....as a QB.

As Mooch said....he could play QB for me any day......Chucky has said the same thing.....both Holmgren guys......I bet Holmgren likes his too.

If he is there at our pick in the 2nd, I think there is a good chance we take him.

If he has a good showing at his pro day, he'll not make to the 2nd round.....I think he goes in the 1st, for sure. I think the Jags get him at #10.

Lefevour posted a faster time :rolleyes: He will be available in the later rounds also. I have seen the kid play, I was really impressed with him. I would love to see the Browns draft him

I don't think there is a bad pick at #7 but I maintain, I would rather see us trade out and get more picks. There is soo much depth this year and the more picks the better. However, I'm sold on Thomas, Berry, and Haden. Either one would be fine by me.

I don't think there is a bad pick at #7 but I maintain, I would rather see us trade out and get more picks. There is soo much depth this year and the more picks the better. However, I'm sold on Thomas, Berry, and Haden. Either one would be fine by me.

Haden's unofficial 4.57 and 4.60 40..

Haden will be re-running that 40 at his pro day, ... he looks outstanding on the various agility drills.

It's hard to believe he runs the 40 that "slow".

Does it change his status if he runs the 4.57/4.6 at his pro day ?

I honestly don't know. But one guy covering the combine says Earl Thomas is the best safety in the draft.

We could trade down, get another 2nd round pick, and still get Earl Thomas.

Oh, THIS draft is going to get crazy.

Haden's unofficial 4.57 and 4.60 40..

I'm still not too concerned about Haden's straight ahead speed. If he doesn't get beat a lot, he won't have to run anybody down. So its a damn good thing Eric Wright is fast! Boy, I'm really looking at this as the glass is half full.

His 40 time doesn't do enough to change my mind about him. What it does mean is that he should drop a few spots now. This may allow us to trade down, get some more picks, and get Haden for less money. But we'll see how Heckert and Company handle it. I would rather have Berry anyways. Or as mentioned above, that Earl Thomas kid. I think a safety is more valuable than a CB. They can cover more ground.

Just saw this on CBSSportsline.com

02/27/2010 - "I have a lot to prove," Brown said Thursday. "I don't get talked about all the time on ESPN like those other guys because they're from big schools, and I'm from Troy. It's a great opportunity to let everybody see I can make all the throws and hopefully show I'm just as good as they are." Brown said he has talked to scouts from the Browns in Indianapolis, but he has not met with Coach Eric Mangini, team president Mike Holmgren or General Manager Tom Heckert, at least not yet. The Browns are expected to draft a quarterback with one of their 11 picks. One knock on Brown is he has a three-quarter arm delivery, and he doesn't plan to change it. "I've heard media people say it's an odd delivery and it's a problem," Brown said. "I disagree. I don't think it's a problem. The only reason it's different is it's quicker than anybody else's. "It would be a problem if I short-armed it and didn't have velocity, but that isn't the case. I think it's good because it's so quick. Hopefully everybody else agrees." Brown completed 61.7 percent of his passes in 2008 and 63.7 percent in 2009 playing in the Sun Belt Conference. - Jeff Schudel, The News-Herald

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...w;pageContainer

Interesting.....

One of my theories is that we will draft a QB and it will be somebody none of us have heard about. I expect them to grab a system QB with the Jets 3rd round pick that we have. Somebody like the kid from CBS sportsline. I like that he has a strange delivery. I remember some kid out of the U having a strange delivery and it worked out pretty well for us.

PS. This is going to sound like Jon Madden but...duh....duh....Levi Brown? If you want your kid to grow up and be a football player folks, name him Levi. That is a football name. Its on par with Tank Mass or Pyle Hitter. I like the look and sound of this kid.

Archived