THE BROWNS BOARD

Officially 5th Round Pick for Williams

HaydenFox

Browns, Sports Impact »

Cleveland Browns get Lions' fifth-round pick in trade for Corey Williams

By Tony Grossi

March 05, 2010, 2:08PM

The Browns confirmed the trade of defensive lineman Corey Williams to the Detroit Lions.

Here are the terms:

The Browns dealt Williams and their seventh-round pick to the Lions for a fifth-round pick. That pick was originally owned by Denver and acquired by Detroit.

So the deal keeps the Browns' total picks in the 2010 draft at 11. They have their own in the first six rounds, plus the Jets' third-rounder, Tampa Bay's fifth-rounder, Detroit's fifth-rounder (through Denver), and Carolina's sixth-rounder.

There ya go!

so we dont have 12 picks? still 11?

You need to give us sources as well. Or it could be complete bullshit.

Sorry I have been in and out a lot today at meetings at work and getting a lot of information from listening to many different stations on sirius radio while on the road. Thats where i have been getting my info. Have had to keep posts quick as i have had a lot going on. But ya thats definately official.

Browns, Sports Impact »

Cleveland Browns get Lions' fifth-round pick in trade for Corey Williams

By Tony Grossi

March 05, 2010, 2:08PM

The Browns confirmed the trade of defensive lineman Corey Williams to the Detroit Lions.

Here are the terms:

The Browns dealt Williams and their seventh-round pick to the Lions for a fifth-round pick. That pick was originally owned by Denver and acquired by Detroit.

So the deal keeps the Browns' total picks in the 2010 draft at 11. They have their own in the first six rounds, plus the Jets' third-rounder, Tampa Bay's fifth-rounder, Detroit's fifth-rounder (through Denver), and Carolina's sixth-rounder.

There ya go!

WTF....why did the Browns include the seventh round pick for this overpaid underachiever??? I can hear the detroit laughing all the way here in south central ohio!

We traded Williams and our 7th for Detroit’s (by way of Denver) 5th rounder. This essentially makes Williams worth an early to mid 6th round draft choice. I suppose that is better than getting nothing, which is what we would have gotten had we released him.

We traded Williams and our 7th for Detroit’s (by way of Denver) 5th rounder. This essentially makes Williams worth an early to mid 6th round draft choice. I suppose that is better than getting nothing, which is what we would have gotten had we released him.

Exactly! I could barely wait to get rid of him. he was one of those "me" players who wanted to dictate where & in what type defense he played. I want TEAM players & IMHO that description doesn't fit Williams.

Mike

I believe Williams was due like 7 million this year..That would make him the highest paid Brown..Great deal for the Browns.

It was a great deal. Smith was on the Browns release list.

We basically traded a early 7th rounder for a mid 5th rounder, for a guy we would have salary dumped

What isn't to like about that??

It was the best move the browns regime could have made with williams ,he wasnt happy or productive in cleveland and he was way overpaid by the salvage regime...some would say we could have got more for him but i doubt that very seriously ,way to big a contract to draw many interested parties...ive liked the overall silence of the club so far in FA as MH has said and is staying the course..we are going to build from the ground up and thats the only way to go...good job brownies! ;)

Archived