THE BROWNS BOARD

Chompin' At The Bit Here......Can We Do SOMETHING????

miktoxic

choco: i don't think you understand. and your argument doesn't hold water (my cousin vinny). i'm not saying sign an old washed-up vet. get it. would you say julius peppers is old and washed-up? how about rolle or bethea? if a guy has only been in the league for 3 or 4 years and now is a free agent and has proven his worth, isn't he less a risk than signing and developing (if he can) a rookie? and who cares about taking snaps and playing time away from a rookie if we don't have that rookie to begin with. geeez! you would think that the fans like me just want holmgren and the others to open the doors and spit out money. NO!!! just show some interest and get in the game. you've got to be in it to win it.

we both want the same thing. a winning browns team. there is more than one way to skin a cat. try opening your eyes and seeing someone else's point of view rather than dismissing the notion as misguided and inpatient. yeah i'm inpatient. and i've been that way since the 70's and we still haven't done shit!!!!!

You're right...all of the Browns fans on here want a winning Browns team. The difference is that fans like yourself want that winning team right now and are not thinking about the future of the team. As much as I can't stand the Steelers, they just keep plugging guys in...guys they drafted and developed. Yes, they sign vets here nad there, but they are built and stocked by the draft...as are the Ravens. They are good year in and year out because they have built the team the way that they have...to be able to plug new, young talent in with the players they previously developed that have grown into those veterans as opposed to signing new vets every year.

The rest of us fans, not like yourself, are willing to be patient enough so that the reward is a team that will win and compete every year...not just for one year and then we're back to same old 3-13 seasons. The way to get to that poiont is to build the team through the draft...not to sill positions with stop-gaps. Let some young players develop and then let more develop behind them. When you have a competitive team that is a player or two away from a SB, then go sign that vet that will push the team the rest of the way. That is simply the difference between you and I or you and choco.

There is no right or wrong here...just a difference in philosophy!

Archived