THE BROWNS BOARD

Mike Bell

ReginaBrownsFan

I too am against veteran backs...BUT Mike Bell wasn't suppose to get any touches behind P.T and Reggie..he got touches because he earned them..runs extremely hard..a one cut and go guy.

I really don't mind going this route, having Harrison and Mike Bell is a good mix.

Bell did an exceptional job this past year for the Saints. He started off great, Payton called him the MVP of training camp, which is what earned him the carries he got during the season. He kind of dissapeared towards the end of the season though, I'm not really sure why. He is not a RB that will carry the whole load, he should see maybe 10 carries a game or so. Being a Saints fan, I have mixed feelings about him staying or leaving (if he leaves we get to pick up another free agent, especially if he gets a big payday which i doubt). While he did produce for us, I am concerned about his dissapearance down the stretch. He hits his holes hard, and runs with power, but is not very elusive, he would rather try to run through the defender than to avoid him. Many of our offensive players are getting the label of just being part of the system, and not as good when taken out of the system, but I think it is just as much the players that have made the offense as good as it is. Not sure what yalls needs are at RB, but if you're looking for a power RB to help share the load, he would be a good fit for that need.

All of this may be true about how well he practiced and that he earned touches... but with Reggie Bush having a half-deflated wheel and Thomas being a bit dinged up, he also got touches because of injuries to the guys in front of him.

Bell would be a good pick up unless hes asking for starter money

I do think we are decent at running back Davis and Harrison deserve to see if they can handle the load but id like to have a bigger back to punch it in the endzone.

A guy that I like that would be cheap and no one is talking about on here is Jason Snelling from ATL. He runs hard and is really good backup who would look really good spelling Harrison.

Archived