THE BROWNS BOARD

Tim Tebow charges $160.00 per autograph

DieHardBrownsFan

partying it up in titty bars with his Pastor while preaching morality.

did you grow up in Sandusky too? lol.

hey i don't hate the kid. in fact i find it hard to hate anyone. i think alot of the dislike going his way is from his public display of his faith via the football field. i don't want to read the 'john' and 'ezekiel' references everytime they show a closeup of some frankenstein looking dolt on the sidelines.especially when i'm out with the boys having some cold ones at the local dive, my girlfriend makes me feel guilty enough about being out, now i gotta stare down a bible verse? give me a break!

noone can answer my question that if a muslim or islamic player decided to do the same and referenced some point in their holy book that might be offensive to the christians in america, don't you think the next day the ncaa would have come in and stopped all the horeshit?

and if he does make it the nfl, do you think they will allow it?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no use for either Roosevelt, especially leftist posterboy FDR. That said, the Democrat Party and Liberalism in Jefferson and Jacksons eras is different then the "Liberalism" being promoted today. What they believed in and lived by would be considered "Rightist" by modern standards and there is zero doubt they would oppose the "We are the world" leftwing bullshit propagated today.

Wow... First time I've ever heard someone say something bad about Teddy Roosevelt. You should have at least ONE use for him, he created the worlds first NATIONAL PARK in Yellowstone and the national parks system. That alone is enough to put him in our top ten presidents.

He is a Pro-Life Christian, is he not? Yet i'm sure people just hate the kid "for whatever reasons." Please. It is because of what he believes

I wouldn't call myself a fool, more as someone who would spend the money for my own amusement and joy, because it angers people he's charging money for an autograph and the anger that would be shown towards those paying, despite it being their hard earned money they make the choice to spend.

No, by your own admission that makes you a leftist.

I have no use for either Roosevelt, especially leftist posterboy FDR. That said, the Democrat Party and Liberalism in Jefferson and Jacksons eras is different then the "Liberalism" being promoted today. What they believed in and lived by would be considered "Rightist" by modern standards and there is zero doubt they would oppose the "We are the world" leftwing bullshit propagated today.

Take a look around the thread. Your views on freedom of religion aren't shared by our fellow board members. FWIW, I am not a Christian, I am however Anti-Hypocrisy, of which there is PLENTY of in this country. I'm not however so sensitive a 21 year old publically professing his faith is offensive to me personally. By all appearances he's not out there bashing anyone, or partying it up in titty bars with his Pastor while preaching morality. He's just some guy, nearly aborted who for his own reasons is appreciative to his chosen deity for being given life and able to use his abilities to further himself.

I don't think we are all that far apart in our views, except for the fact that you apparently view anyone who disagrees with you somewhat as "leftist". I don't think you know what a true leftist is. By original definition as you perceive under Jefferson and Jackson, Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush would be far to the left leftists. They would, trust me. Perhaps then, if you believe in their principles, then you, too, are a leftist.

Also, you have no freaking clue what my views on religion are.

All I have said is that the PSA that Tebow has made is in actuality the promotion of the classic "pro-choice" viewpoint. It really is. In it, he and his mother say: "Look, it was advised that having TT could have represented a serious danger to his mother, and that having an abortion may be advisable to save your own life. Mom decided NOT to take that advice, she decided to take the risk, and she had the child that grew up to become Tim Tebow, Heisman Trophy winner....so please all of you out there, please consider NOT having an abortion. Make the choice to have the child, like I made my choice to have my child, TT."

You see how this is pro-choice? (probably 99% of "pro-choice" people would advocate making the choice to have your child)

The opposite view would be a directive to Mrs. Tebow, by someone...I don't know who, a government official perhaps... A church person perhaps ...that "Mrs. Tebow, you are pregnant, you have no choice but to have this child. The decision is not yours, it is ours, and we dictate that you have this child, notwithstanding the risk to yourself or to the child. The law requires you to bear this child".

You do see the difference, and you see why Tebow made a pro-choice PSA?

(also, I personally don't care if you give Tim Tebow your money for his autograph. And I don't care if he makes money on his autograph. I personally wouldn't spend that kind of money for Tim Tebow, or Troy Smith, or Brady Quinn, or just about anyone for their autograph. Again, I hope I made myself clear on that)

So is TT a football player or a politician?

Who cares what his beliefs are when it comes to playing football, so many make rediculous accusations over one little PSA during the SB.

If we get him I would be fine with it. But I can project the topics of discussion on this board, and they wouldn't be about his ability to perform the task at QB.

But one thing TT does have going for him is that he seems to have better morals than Big Gay from Pittsburgh. And he is one tough football player.

So is TT a football player or a politician?

Who cares what his beliefs are when it comes to playing football

oh he's a politician as well as a football player. you don't think the religious right have him in their sights. dude: he could be a minister for all i care just don't wear your holy collar as part of your uniform (you know black tape). that doesn't bother anyone? if someone put kill whitey or i hate blacks underneath their eyes you'd flip out! can't you see that what he does is offensive to some? i guess as long as it isn't your toes being stepped on it's alright. pleez.

oh he's a politician as well as a football player. you don't think the religious right have him in their sights. dude: he could be a minister for all i care just don't wear your holy collar as part of your uniform (you know black tape). that doesn't bother anyone? if someone put kill whitey or i hate blacks underneath their eyes you'd flip out! can't you see that what he does is offensive to some? i guess as long as it isn't your toes being stepped on it's alright. pleez.

mcmahon.jpg

hmmm. We may have something here.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- If anyone thinks Tim Tebow is greedy for charging $160 for his autograph, don't tell Lucille Tharp.

"He's a good Christian boy who believes in my heavenly father," she said. "And I'd stand up and give them the back of my hand."

Lucille can't even walk, which sometimes happens when you're 95. But I firmly believe she'd arise from her wheelchair and smite anyone who said a bad word about her Timmy.

She didn't have to budge Saturday. Tebow held his first autograph session as a professional, meaning he could charge without the NCAA arresting him.

And boy, did he charge. To paraphrase the initials on one of Tebow's bracelets -- What Would Jesus Think?

I'm no theologian, but I think he'd be fine with Tebow cashing in. Jesus might have even paid $75 to have his picture taken with Tebow. (Hint to photo collectors: Tim would be the messiah on the left).

Wait just a holy minute here. Doesn't Timothy 6:10 say the love of money is the root of all evil?

I wanted to ask our St. Timothy about that, and what percentage of Saturday's proceeds was going to his charity. I'd even spent $160 in company money for a ticket and a quick audience with His Football Holiness.

Share I thought about having him sign a wooden cross, but I didn't want to pay the extra $25 for a "large item." I thought it'd be funny to have him sign a copy of the Declaration of Independence, but I couldn't locate one Saturday morning.

Then I read where the most expensive autographs in the world belong to William Shakespeare. There are six in existence, and the Bard would get $3 million a pop for them.

So I thought I'd have Tebow sign a copy of Romeo and Juliet, put it on eBay and hope some really dopey fan of SEC football and English poetry would bid $3 million.

Then I got to The Avenues Mall and saw the line. It was 333 people long, and that was just for photos. I'm sorry, but I refuse to wait in line that long for any performer not named Springsteen.

I've also never understood why anyone over 14 would scrounge for an autograph. William Shakespeare's, sure. William Perry's, I don't think so.

But that's just me. And the cop who was trying to keep people in line.

"I can't believe this," he said.

People had come from as far as Texas. There was a poster in front of the memorabilia store that read "Thank You Timmy." People signed it (for free, I presume) for the star to read.

"Thanks for the memories!"

"I know you'll be great in the NFL. Call me. 316-9427. Love, Kimberly."

"Big fans. And you're a role model for my son. Della and Herb."

As a role model, isn't Tebow supposed to be different than the usual money-grubbing athlete? Few things irk people more than millionaires charging for autographs.

Rhode Island passed a law five years ago prohibiting anyone under 16 being forced to pay for their hero's signature. It was an easy way for politicians to fan populist rage.

Nobody is forcing people to line up at malls. If consumers are willing to pony up $749 for a football autographed by Tom Brady, why shouldn't he make $10,000 an hour signing his name?

Just because he's religious doesn't mean he has to wear sackcloth and ashes. Would you turn it down?

Tebow probably signed 2.4 million autographs for nothing since high school. He also made approximately squat off the zillions of No. 15 jerseys Florida sold for $79.99. There were at least 200 of them in line Saturday.

After making so much money for so many people the past four years, I'm glad Tebow is finally making some for himself. Just because he's religious doesn't mean he has to wear sackcloth and ashes.

Whatever he makes in the NFL, a good chunk of it will go to underprivileged Filipinos, unwed mothers and other faith-based projects. That's just my guess, of course, since I didn't feel like waiting in line four hours to ask firsthand.

Maybe I should have pretended to be a 95-year-old woman with a crush on a younger man.

"I've been a Gator fan since I was 18," Lucille said. "He gave me the best times I've ever had."

She was allowed to wheel past a few hundred people to the front of the line. Tebow got up from behind a table, went over and hugged her.

She had a newspaper with his picture on it. Tebow signed it then took a picture with her.

The cost of the combo: $210.

I can't say for sure what Jesus would think. I know Lucille believes it was the best money she ever spent.

You are the man Mr. T, great post, and greater logo of Captain Kangaroo, but that is too socially and economically and intelligently advanced for football GRUNTS.................

keep at it.......you can stay at my house anytime...........tebooooo is another wallower in mud and praised alla great christian

I am sure thug tatoos are fine and dandy by your standards.

He shares that belief with millions of other Americans, not really stepping out on a ledge there. Tim Tebow throws a football for a living, let him keep his opinion of how women should handle their pregnancies to himself.

Now if he puts Ezekiel 23:19-20 on his eyewear in the future. I will become a Tebow supporter.

nice and now are you Geneva

Buck

I am sure thug tatoos are fine and dandy by your standards.

so you're all for it huh, peen? there's a big difference and if you don't know that, well you're in a different world. who wears thug tattoos? can you actually make out any detail in the tattoos you're talking about? sounds to me like you wouldn't mind a little racial house cleaning? i don't understand peen, explain your comment. 'thug' meaning the black ghetto hip-hop lifestyle? man, you just painted yourself whiter than snow.

I am as white as snow....proud of it.

If black pride and power isn't threatening, white pride and power shouldn't be either.

I am proud of my white southern heritage Bubba. Mama was from Alabama....Daddy from Ohio

Really....I don't give a crap if you like it or not....and to be really honest, I would like it if you

didn't....you come across as a total, utter moron.

Just my opinion of course.

I am as white as snow....proud of it.

If black pride and power isn't threatening, white pride and power shouldn't be either.

I am proud of my white southern heritage Bubba. Mama was from Alabama....Daddy from Ohio

Really....I don't give a crap if you like it or not....and to be really honest, I would like it if you

didn't....you come across as a total, utter moron.

Just my opinion of course.

i'm not black but i can smell a friggin' biggot from way far away and i guess there's a strong breeze blowin out of tennessee. i don't give a crap about you and your redneck south. you wouldn't last a minute around here.

i'm not black but i can smell a friggin' biggot from way far away and i guess there's a strong breeze blowin out of tennessee. i don't give a crap about you and your redneck south. you wouldn't last a minute around here.

LOL...where is that bubba...the projects??

Do you even pay for your internet access or is that provided at no cost???

I am pretty sure you don't pay for crap.

Later....or should I SAY "WORD"

Tell me.... is your hat on all screwed up or were you born a gimp with your head at a 45 degree angle??

Religion and Politics just don't mix well on this Browns board....I don't care who the player is. :huh:

Cool....I can agree with that....I'll buy a round of beers.

Cheers!

LOL...where is that bubba...the projects??

Do you even pay for your internet access or is that provided at no cost???

I am pretty sure you don't pay for crap.

Later....or should I SAY "WORD"

Tell me.... is your hat on all screwed up or were you born a gimp with your head at a 45 degree angle??

wow this getting to be really stupid. maybe if you knew how to google westchester county ny you might learn something. we pay more taxes here in a month than what it costs for your tin shack in the swampland. take that piece of straw out of your tooth (1) filled mouth and go burn some crosses, blow up the local abortion clinic or wait in some bushes to shoots blacks when they leave kfc. everybody must look the same where you are from: inbred. isn't it time to go sit on your couch which is on your porch and drink a pabst blue ribbon. racist.

Wasn't directed at any particular person.....anyway next time I travel through Tenn. I'll take you up on the beers. Oh, Happy Birthday to a fellow vet.

Thanks

wow this getting to be really stupid. maybe if you knew how to google westchester county ny you might learn something. we pay more taxes here in a month than what it costs for your tin shack in the swampland. take that piece of straw out of your tooth (1) filled mouth and go burn some crosses, blow up the local abortion clinic or wait in some bushes to shoots blacks when they leave kfc. everybody must look the same where you are from: inbred. isn't it time to go sit on your couch which is on your porch and drink a pabst blue ribbon. racist.

Dude, you're coming across as a real asshole. I'm a veteran, retired as a matter of fact. Been in combat, you? Peen is also a Nam vet. So before you come in here acting like a tough asshole, take a close look at your life NY boy.

I do like PBR....but Jack is the drink of choice....

Here is a PBR song by one of my favorite local bands....the Tennessee Rounders...

The way this thread has drifted into people bickering is exactly what bringing your personal beliefs into football does and it is exactly why I am against Tebow getting preachy on Sundays when he should be throwing a football. We watch football for entertainment, and yes, to join other people socially and root for the same cause. When religion/politics get involved now we aren't browns fans anymore, we are all that other shit and start bickering with each other. Being a browns fan is great because I don't care what your religion/political views/race/etc are if you are a browns fan, if you wearing brown and orange we are high fiving during the game and discussing strategy during the commercials. That is what makes sports great, for 3 f*cking hours on a Sunday afternoon we can forget everything else and just cheer. When Tebow or anyone else starts injecting their beliefs into their sport. It takes that away and reminds us of all of the reasons we have to disagree with each other and that is why it has no place in the game.

The way this thread has drifted into people bickering is exactly what bringing your personal beliefs into football does and it is exactly why I am against Tebow getting preachy on Sundays when he should be throwing a football. We watch football for entertainment, and yes, to join other people socially and root for the same cause. When religion/politics get involved now we aren't browns fans anymore, we are all that other shit and start bickering with each other. Being a browns fan is great because I don't care what your religion/political views/race/etc are if you are a browns fan, if you wearing brown and orange we are high fiving during the game and discussing strategy during the commercials. That is what makes sports great, for 3 f*cking hours on a Sunday afternoon we can forget everything else and just cheer. When Tebow or anyone else starts injecting their beliefs into their sport. It takes that away and reminds us of all of the reasons we have to disagree with each other and that is why it has no place in the game.

thanks. that was my point. was just trying to fit in here. when names start getting dropped it's easy to lose focus on what the initial conversation was about.

Sounds like you got your butt hairs pushed in the wrong way mikey mouse. You are a hater and nobody likes people who are haters around here. Just because a man drinks PBR's does not mean they are out hanging people of other color, maybe thats what you guys do in in NY. I am also a proud white man so does that make me a bigot? Or does that just make you an ignorant fool?

who am i hating on tebow? if you had read this whole thread you'd have read i don't hate anyone. i'm a proud white man too, that has nothing to do with what i was saying. i used the pbr (which i actually drink) to show how people are easily stereotyped. i was responding to an attack on a different race of people via stereotypical behavior and dress. making comments without getting any background on the subject beforehand makes you look like the ignorant fool.

Dude, you're coming across as a real asshole. I'm a veteran, retired as a matter of fact. Been in combat, you? Peen is also a Nam vet. So before you come in here acting like a tough asshole, take a close look at your life NY boy.

good fro you. god bless you guys and all the vets past and present. no, when i was in the army there was no war. but i served eight years of my life and i consider that something. nobody's acting like a tough asshole. just trying to make a point or share my opinion like everyone else on this board. sometimes you get attacked for that here. and no captain crunch, i grew up in ohio so that would probably make me an ohio boy.

thanks. that was my point. was just trying to fit in here. when names start getting dropped it's easy to lose focus on what the initial conversation was about.

who am i hating on tebow? if you had read this whole thread you'd have read i don't hate anyone. i'm a proud white man too, that has nothing to do with what i was saying. i used the pbr (which i actually drink) to show how people are easily stereotyped. i was responding to an attack on a different race of people via stereotypical behavior and dress. making comments without getting any background on the subject beforehand makes you look like the ignorant fool.

good fro you. god bless you guys and all the vets past and present. no, when i was in the army there was no war. but i served eight years of my life and i consider that something. nobody's acting like a tough asshole. just trying to make a point or share my opinion like everyone else on this board. sometimes you get attacked for that here. and no captain crunch, i grew up in ohio so that would probably make me an ohio boy.

It's all good Bro. We all say things we don't mean.

dude, why don't you just go and propose marriage to the guy already? what a freaking man love fest thing you got going for this guy. every post with tebow your timmy can't do wrong. is it the sweaty franken brow or the fact he'll go blow up an abortion clinic that turns you on? GO RIGHT WING FASCISM, GO!!!

I would never pay for anybody's autograph plain and simple.

Archived