THE BROWNS BOARD

Tucker Retiring per Cleveland.com

daydawg19

Tucker retiring: Browns offensive lineman Ryan Tucker announced his retirement on WKNR AM/850 on Thursday.

"We notified the league and we are notifying the Cleveland Browns family that I'm shutting it down," Tucker told host Michael Reghi. "It's time for me to go ahead and hang up the cleats and starting being a daddy and a husband. I'm going that route."

Tucker played seven of his 12 NFL seasons with the Browns. His last four years were marred by injuries and illness. He was on injured reserve all of 2009 after having knee surgery in training camp.

Tucker joined the Browns as a free agent in 2002. He had the longest length of service on the club next to kicker Phil Dawson, who joined in 1999.

He was a warrior, good luck Tucker.

Tucker retiring: Browns offensive lineman Ryan Tucker announced his retirement on WKNR AM/850 on Thursday.

"We notified the league and we are notifying the Cleveland Browns family that I'm shutting it down," Tucker told host Michael Reghi. "It's time for me to go ahead and hang up the cleats and starting being a daddy and a husband. I'm going that route."

Tucker played seven of his 12 NFL seasons with the Browns. His last four years were marred by injuries and illness. He was on injured reserve all of 2009 after having knee surgery in training camp.

Tucker joined the Browns as a free agent in 2002. He had the longest length of service on the club next to kicker Phil Dawson, who joined in 1999.

He was a warrior, good luck Tucker.

old news

he said he was retiring months ago way back durring the season

I heard on the drive this morning that he was getting a 8 game ban for substance abuse so that probably played a factor also. He had a good run with the browns but he should have hung them up a year ago. Thanks for your service Tucker and good luck in future endeavors.

Archived