THE BROWNS BOARD

report on Georgia radio

Athensbuck26

9 NFL teams have contacted Jerome Harrisons agent and are considering giving up their 5th for him

seems like JH is as good as gone i have a feeling the FO wont match an offer they get as they dont think highly of him or his potential otherwise they would have given him say a 3rd round tag

I really thought we would get a 3rd for him. Maybe if we throw in one of our latest 5th rounders or a 6th rounder with JH, we can squeeze a 3rd rounder out of somebody. He will do well on a dome team until he gets hurt. But If I were a team like ST. Louis, Atl, or Detroit, I would make that deal. 3rd rounder for JH and a late 5th round. SIGN THE PAPERS TOMMY!!

I think he does have a 2nd round tender but the teams who want him consider that too high and so instead of buying him and giving up a 2nd, they will look to trade. So that's why you're getting the 5th round offers. Here's how it works. The Browns say "he's worth a 2nd" team B says "he's worth a 5th". The papers get signed when they meet in the middle at a 3rd. That's what i figured we could get for the Ghost in the first place and that's why he was tendered at a 2. The Browns knew that if he were tendered at a 3, then the middle ground would have been a 4th round pick.

The stupidity of the people coming into this forum is ridiculous. We have a 2nd round tender and if someone else signs him and we dont match then we get a 2nd rounder not a 5th. Come on guys seriously. When someone signs a player on a tender it doesnt turn into "lets make a deal". If your not willing to give up that pick then you dont sign the player on a tender.

The stupidity of the people coming into this forum is ridiculous. We have a 2nd round tender and if someone else signs him and we dont match then we get a 2nd rounder not a 5th. Come on guys seriously. When someone signs a player on a tender it doesnt turn into "lets make a deal". If your not willing to give up that pick then you dont sign the player on a tender.

Nope, if u SIGN a RFA, you give up the tender, if you TRADE for a player, it becomes a negotiation. I'm assuming we still have the rights to JH and so he can be traded.

it's not athensbucks fault considering he lives in west virginia and is uploading to this forum using a transistor radio, solar-powered off of one of his grandma's TOOFS.

Why do you like to post false information?

I doubt its false but it may be inaccurate. I cant imagine anyone wasting time anywhere making up stories about Jerome Harrison and coming up with a 9 team bidding war. There has to be some element of truth to it.

Yes you are right we can trade him but thats not what he said. He stated that they were going to sign Jerome on a tender and only give up a 5th which is just ridiculous. This sounds more made up than anything. Im not saying we are not in talks with 9 teams but we sure as hell are not gonna give him away for a 5th.

Yes you are right we can trade him but thats not what he said. He stated that they were going to sign Jerome on a tender and only give up a 5th which is just ridiculous. This sounds more made up than anything. Im not saying we are not in talks with 9 teams but we sure as hell are not gonna give him away for a 5th.

I agree. If you read what I wrote about 4 posts up the screen. it sounds like the beginning of negotiations. They say 5 we say 2. They say 4 we say 3, done. I think the topic starter left out some information though. He said they were willing to give up their 5th but he didn't say in what capacity. It was a little vague I'll admt. I read between the lines though and I'm thinking these are trade talks. I hope they are.

On the topic of the Browns tenders, how f'n smart was it to tender 6 guys under 30! They will get paid like, 2 million this year, and if somebody else wants them, we get ourselves a 2nd! If we keep them, we have 6 hungry young players playing for chump change. I do think however, that those that do stay may be looking for new contracts before the season starts. That, or they will ask for a trade. Brilliant.

it is a good thing and bad thing to have 6 RFA come back next year. Its good because they all will play hard to get their numbers up in a contract year but its bad because it leaves a salty taste in each of their mouths know how much they lost this year not getting a new contract. Since this year is uncapped i dont see why teams aren't front-loading contracts for this year to have players cheap on the books after this year when the salary cap will probably be back in play.

I thought he recieved the 2nd round tender?

He did,

The Browns did give second-round tenders, a guaranteed US$1.75 million salary for next season, to running back Jerome Harrison(notes), linebackers D'Qwell Jackson(notes), Matt Roth(notes) and Jason Trusnik(notes), safety Abram Elam(notes) and fullback Lawrence Vickers(notes). Those players can sign offer sheets with other teams, but the Browns would have seven days to match the offer or they'll receive a second-round draft pick as compensation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ak8u...s&type=lgns

Archived