IF clausen is on the board and berry is gone how about this:

#7 Pick

Rogers

for

Kolb

Eagles 1st & 3rd

we get a QB, trade down and get another pick

Philly gets a top 2 QB prospect and a great DT

I think the Eagles have probably learned a lesson or two from the Atlanta Falcons. Trading your highly coveted back-up QB can easily explode in your face. Granted the pick of Ryan made all in Hotlanta soon forget, but there were powerful lessons to be learned. Schaub was highly sought after and eventually let go to Houston, just a short time after that Falcons franchise QB Vick finds his passion for animal cruelty and what transpires is a dismal decent into QB hell for a year! Now everyone doesn't find the nugget that Atlanta found in Matt Ryan (ie. Couch, Quinn, Harrington etc...) Just don't see the Eagles giving up the QB the brass seem to think is the future.

I think the Eagles have probably learned a lesson or two from the Atlanta Falcons. Trading your highly coveted back-up QB can easily explode in your face. Granted the pick of Ryan made all in Hotlanta soon forget, but there were powerful lessons to be learned. Schaub was highly sought after and eventually let go to Houston, just a short time after that Falcons franchise QB Vick finds his passion for animal cruelty and what transpires is a dismal decent into QB hell for a year! Now everyone doesn't find the nugget that Atlanta found in Matt Ryan (ie. Couch, Quinn, Harrington etc...) Just don't see the Eagles giving up the QB the brass seem to think is the future.

not even close to the same situations

So you are saying that there is no way McNabb could have a career ending injury in week 1?

so your saying theres no way he cant play all year? so your saying Kolb cant have a career ending injury in the pre-season?

complete opposite situations

so your saying theres no way he cant play all year? so your saying Kolb cant have a career ending injury in the pre-season?

I am saying that the Eagles for see Kolb as their future, and they like the Falcons have no way of knowing what can happen to the current incumbant. I am sure the season ending injury you propse that could happen would be a easier pill to swallow if it happened and they had Mcnabb still in the line-up. I am not responding to McNabb is a better trade option than Kolb, I am responding to original post.

To be quite honest, at the point Schaub was traded he wasn't believed to be the heir to the position anytime soon, the difference is the Eagles brass has indicated that Kolb is.

not even close to the same situations

"MY NAME IS DR. ROMULUS. DR. ROMULUS. MY NAME IS DR. ROMULUS.""We are the robots." dude go smoke another bong hit. i thought weed was supposed to make you chill?

With all this Philadelphia talk, I've got an ides. Philly keeps Kolb and this years draft picks, then trades their entire team to the Browns for our entire team and this year's first through second or third round draft picks. That'd be interesting.

Hysterical! I've been lobbying fo Kolb since last year's trade deadline. Of course, I was a tool then and didn't know jack about anything. Now it turns out, Heckert, Reid, Mangini and myself see many things the same way. It is astonishing to me how much shit I get from this board despite how damn accurate I've been. A lot of you really need to read and analyse what's written on here instead of seeing the words Harrison and Quinn and getting all pissy pants about the idea of them being involved in a deal to improve this TEAM.

• 1 month later...
Hysterical! I've been lobbying fo Kolb since last year's trade deadline. Of course, I was a tool then and didn't know jack about anything. Now it turns out, Heckert, Reid, Mangini and myself see many things the same way. It is astonishing to me how much shit I get from this board despite how damn accurate I've been. A lot of you really need to read and analyse what's written on here instead of seeing the words Harrison and Quinn and getting all pissy pants about the idea of them being involved in a deal to improve this TEAM.

very well said i agree with you

Don't forget that the Falcons once also traded a backup QB of theirs by the name of Brett Favre!

i think we will do good with delhome and wont draft a qb in either one of our first 2 picks. we need a safety and a wide receiver along with a mess of other guys like a shutdown corner comes to mind or a right tackle. there are 4 spots that have a void before we address a qb

IF clausen is on the board and berry is gone how about this:

#7 Pick

Rogers

for

Kolb

Eagles 1st & 3rd

we get a QB, trade down and get another pick

Philly gets a top 2 QB prospect and a great DT

I think we can get more out of that trade, as in more picks. Kolb is an un proven QB while Rogers is a Pro Bowler with a gun.

Archived