THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson visiting wednesday

T.Soprano

Watson a bit older, but has good hands.

Olsen????? I don't know much about him.

Olsen's like a poor mans KW2. He can catch the ball pretty well, but can't block worth shit. Besides he would probably demand a more expensive contract. I'd rather see Watson come in seeing as he is a more well-rounded TE and it gives us a chance to evaluate Evan Moore further.

Olsen's like a poor mans KW2. He can catch the ball pretty well, but can't block worth shit. Besides he would probably demand a more expensive contract. I'd rather see Watson come in seeing as he is a more well-rounded TE and it gives us a chance to evaluate Evan Moore further.

Couldnt of said it better myself. Exactly FloridaBrowns! Olsen could be a very good TE but he is exactly that a lesser talented KW2 but cant block a lick. Thats why chicago wants to let him go and he's not even close to being worth the contract that he is going to try to go after. Watson is a much better option. For one he will cost probably a third of even less than what olsen will cost and he will provide good hands, veteran leadership, a proven winner, and a very solid blocking TE. Perfect fit for what going on and what we are looking to get out of that position right now. Add to that the great flashes that evan moore showed last year and you get chance just like you said to evaluate him more and see what he can bring to the club in the future instead of puting him behind a guy like olsen who you pay a large contract to. Perfect combo if it were to work out. Tight End could also be a position that we look to late in the draft. Would really applaud the signing if it were to happen.

Ben Watson doesn't quit either. A couple years ago, Brady threw an INT and Ben Watson dogged down the defender from the other side of the field and made a touchdown saving tackle. I can't remember the specifics, but it was cool. I've always liked him since then.

Plus, I met his dad at FCA Camp my junior year, and he was an awesome guy.

The second part isn't relevant, I just wanted to share.

EDIT: It was Champ Bailey in the 2005 AFC Divisional Playoff game. He ran something like 105 yards to make the tackle. Here's the video:

Ben Watson doesn't quit either. A couple years ago, Brady threw an INT and Ben Watson dogged down the defender from the other side of the field and made a touchdown saving tackle. I can't remember the specifics, but it was cool. I've always liked him since then.

Plus, I met his dad at FCA Camp my junior year, and he was an awesome guy.

The second part isn't relevant, I just wanted to share.

EDIT: It was Champ Bailey in the 2005 AFC Divisional Playoff game. He ran something like 105 yards to make the tackle. Here's the video:

Thanks for sharing that, that is insane that he caught up to him and put a nice hit on him since he wasnt expecting it. I think he would be a great pick up. anything is better than Royal. I would like watson starting and Moore developing, lets wait and see what happens

I say no to watson and no to delhomo...2 over the hill kills in one day...;)

The evans kid is developing just fine as a TE..

And even BQ is better than delhomo not to mention younger..

If we are going to trade BQ i would prefer a high draft QB with wallace behind him as opposed to a one year never was like delhomo..it just doesnt make sense to dump DA and pick up a guy like delhomme to me ,it really dont..

stupid question whats obr

It's not stupid, I didn't know either. Unless we're both stupid and in that case, we're the majority so then stupid is the "norm" and so everyone else is weird. But to answer your question, it's The Orange and Brown Report.

I say sign Watson today. If he is healthy, he's a great TE. Big, fast, great hands, and he can block. A shaky QB's best friend. He can make whoever the QB is a happy guy. Couple a Watson and a solid running game and I don't care what shaky vet we bring in here.

It's not stupid, I didn't know either. Unless we're both stupid and in that case, we're the majority so then stupid is the "norm" and so everyone else is weird. But to answer your question, it's The Orange and Brown Report.

I say sign Watson today. If he is healthy, he's a great TE. Big, fast, great hands, and he can block. A shaky QB's best friend. He can make whoever the QB is a happy guy. Couple a Watson and a solid running game and I don't care what shaky vet we bring in here.

Wrong. Osmotic Butt Rapists.

Archived