THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday March 8

The Gipper

Here is this week's survey. Give your opinions:

1. Are you happy with the Oscar results? Best Picture: Hurt Locker, Best Director: Bigelow, Best Actor: Jeff Bridges, Best Actress: Sandra Bullock?

2. Who wins the NCAA Tournament in your opinion?

3. What is the best Spring Break trip you have ever taken (however you wish to define "best"...be it the most serene or the most debauched)

4. In like 1978 a guy named Rodney Alcala was a contestent on The Dating Game, and he was selected as the winner to get the date with the girl. However, she refused to actually go out with him. It has now been learned that a few months after that event, he began a "career" as a serial killer, and has killed numerous people over the last 30 years. Do you think his rejection by his Dating Game date could have caused or contributed to his becoming a serial killer?

5. Last week in Sydney Australia, thousands of people showed up at the Sydney Opera house and stripped off their clothes to appear in en masse nude photographs. Something similar was done here in Cleveland several years ago. Would or would you not be willing to participate in such an activity?

1. Are you happy with the Oscar results? Best Picture: Hurt Locker, Best Director: Bigelow, Best Actor: Jeff Bridges, Best Actress: Sandra Bullock?

Don't care

Kansas or Kansas state or maybe both in the final

3. What is the best Spring Break trip you have ever taken (however you wish to define "best"...be it the most serene or the most debauched)

I'm going to plead the 5th on this one.

4. In like 1978 a guy named Rodney Alcala was a contestent on The Dating Game, and he was selected as the winner to get the date with the girl. However, she refused to actually go out with him. It has now been learned that a few months after that event, he began a "career" as a serial killer, and has killed numerous people over the last 30 years. Do you think his rejection by his Dating Game date could have caused or contributed to his becoming a serial killer?

Wow, she dodged a bullet, pun intended

5. Last week in Sydney Australia, thousands of people showed up at the Sydney Opera house and stripped off their clothes to appear in en masse nude photographs. Something similar was done here in Cleveland several years ago. Would or would you not be willing to participate in such an activity?

I don't believe you, do you have any pics of hot chics to confirm this?

I haven't seen the Hurt Locker, so I have no real opinion. Glad to see Bridges win, always liked him. Certainly there is an actress that gave a better perfromance than Bullock. She doesn't seem like Oscar-material to me ... but I guess the academy felt otherwise.

BYU

Fort Walton Beach / Destin circa 1986. Lots of smoking hot southern girls.

No, but it sounds like she was pretty smart. Probably not a blonde.

No, even though I'm never really nude. More like a walkin' talkin' bear skin rug...

Zombo

My own answers:

I can't complain as I didn't see any of these movies, though generally, I really like both Bridges and Bullock. I hear The Hurt Locker is great, and deserved it. I now have to check it out for myself. The one guy I thought would win and wanted to win did win: Christoph Waltz for Inglourious Basterds.

I truly hope some new blood comes through. I am tired of the same 5 or 6 teams winning, you know, DuKe, Kansas, Kentucky, North Karolina, Konnecticut, UKLA. I wouldn't mind a new K: Kansas State. And obviously I would love to see the BucKeyes pull it out. They may very well have the best player in the nation.

But, I am afraid it seems to be set up for either Kansas or Kentucky to win. Too bad.

In my yute: 1974 Fort Lauderdale with The Rats. Ft. Lauderdale was the original spring break Mecca and that was when it was still going strong until this phony self righteous fool of a mayor or councilman wanted to get rid of the kids...and did.

As an adult with my family we have gone on a number of spring break trips (San Fran, OC, San Diego, Sedona, New Mexico, New Orleans, Orlando, South Carolina, Williamsburg.) the best were Sedona, New Orleans, San Diego.

I think indeed it may have been the straw that broke the camel's back with this psycho at that time, though I think he would have probably eventually gotten around to the sick behavior he ultimately exhibited.

I doubt it. I had the chance to when this was done in Cleveland and didn't. No. But, if I were the only male, and you put me in with a harem with 100 young beauties (female please), I might go for some en masse nudity.

I couldn't care less. One big group of baffoons patting each other on the back.

Villanova

Chicopee, MA

LOL. No. (But you are a Defense Lawyer, no??)

No. To what end?

I was hoping Avatar would win best picture. I do want to see Hurt Locker though. I really enjoy war movies. Once again, James Cameron should have gotten best director. I agree with best actor. And my favorite winner was Sandra Bullock. She was amazing in that movie.

Kent State! (lets hope). But realistically, id say Syracuse.

I really havent taken any spring break trips. I am a freshman in college and this is my first year going to Florida. So ill come back to this question in a month :)

It may have been a build up of a series of events leading to his insanity. I love how random this question is.

I would totally as long as their are a general population of hot girls around me.

I expected Meryl Streep over Bullock. Jeff Bridges was excellent

ask me when the brackets are up......however, i would expect OSU to win a couple games,, and KY will win it all!!

Daytona Beach late seventies

this rejection was a catalyst for later mutilation of those who shunned him. The Dating Game created a monster

only if i were laying on my back. mandatory cleaning must be imposed,,, no dirty butts, no smelly feet, bad breath, matted groin hair, clean faces only.......shaving of all body parts shoud be required

Man, some of them people in Sydney should look in the mirror before going nude in public. Kind of scary. I remember the women in Australia as very "friendly" when we would hit a port there. Looks like the good looking ones stayed away from the photo shoot.

I didnt watch it and I really dont care about Hollyweird awards

Homer answer here, OSU

White Water Rafting

NO! It was good that the lady trusted her instincts and did not go on the date. I would say he probably said something that creeped her out.

NO! And as a note I have seen some of the ladies around Cleveland with their clothes on and I dont want to see them with their clothes off. It would be haunting!

On the Sydney Opera House mass nudes, here is a photo, if it will be allowed. If a big red X shows up, you will know it has been censored:

OK, never mind, but here is the link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/28/n...117.html#s71468

YIKES...And UGH !!! I thought I saw Ben in the One Photo Hitting on some chick....LOL.

I always vow to not watch them since I agree they're a bunch of out of touch millionaire idiots in a really exclusive club trying to figure out who's the most popular (think elementary school student council). They rarely have any real knowledge about true, real world social issues that they seem to trumpet. That said, my wife is always watching and I do watch a lot of movies. I thought "The Hurt Locker" was deserving and I have always loved Sandra Bullock. I'm glad to see she won something that means something to her.

See no reason to pick against Kansas

Never had any money so spring break was out of the question. Years after college though I did spend a very relaxing April vacation in Scotland with my then fiancee.

I doubt it would be the only reason. If this guy was a psychopath, it's unlikely that one event shaped 30 years of his life. Psychotic people are out of touch with reality so the problem is not that they endured any greater stresses in life than you or I....they just don't respond to them the same way. This guy was likely predisposed to this at a young age.

No, I'm a bit too modest for that. If I did though, there would have to be that cleanliness rule mentioned above. Disinfectant showers, etc.

Yea I guess not a real strong showing all around.

I know it's a Homer pick, but the Bucks look pretty damn good.

Panama City Beach, FL, 1995. 5 girls and me, one car, 2 beds and the rest is history.

NO WAY, read this, craaaaazzzzzyyyyyyy

Shit I'd be there to see the honey's behind some bushes.

Sure...why not...I think Sandra deserved the award just like Crews deserved if for Born on The Fourth of July

Syracuse

.....not serene for sure...Key West

I figure having to deal with Art Lang could make anybody a bit crazy....but no, for a serious answer

If other people are going to strip, I'm game

1. Fine by me. I didn't really have a horse in this race. Wasn't everyone glad to see someone other than Meryl Streep win?

2. This would have to be purely a wild guess so I'll pass

3. Never had a Spring Break trip.

4. Absolutely not. Gotta give the girl credit for passing on the date.

5. Nope. I have no desire to see that many people nekkid.

Archived