THE BROWNS BOARD

Seneca Wallace traded to Cleveland

DAWGPOUND16

Why do you want to trade BQ so much?

It's not just Quinn, I'l be happy if we can trade DA but I just don't see anyone who would want to give anything up just to take a chance on him as a backup and take on that salary. Quinn has more value on the trade market that's all. And I don't care which one it is, I just know that when Quinn is on this roster, whoever may start ahead of him will always be looking behind them everytime they throw the ball. If he can't start, he needs to go. That is the key. If the new regime thinks he can be coached up and should start, fine. I just don't see a single positive quality about the guy as a QB. And nobody wants to field questions about the backup QB every Tuesday through Saturday during the season. You won't get that with DA as a backup. Except from Mary Kay.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holmgren said he's not going to coach, so it will be up to brian daboll and carl smith to work the 'magic'. (god help us!)

don't forget Gil Haskell, the 3rd "H" of the "H3", aka Daboll's new mentor.

just cuz Mike Holmgren said he wouldn't coach (and potentially violate NFL policies in the process) doesn't mean his right-hand man won't. in fact i'd say he already is.

seneca wallace will be the starting qb at the start of the year, and imo dan lefevour will be his apprentice, wallace had a shit line in seattle the past couple years and when hasselbeck got hurt, he stepped in and performed just as well, he is a west coast offense qb, the seahawks are my nfc team i watch so ive seen him a lot and i think he will surprise a lot of you doubters

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi expects Brady Quinn to be no better than the Browns' No. 3 quarterback in 2010.

The alternative would be Cleveland moving Quinn for a late-round pick. According to Lombardi, Quinn is too inaccurate for the Browns' new West Coast offense. Lombardi also projects Seneca Wallace to be the Browns' No. 2 QB, and club president Mike Holmgren to find a starter via trade or the draft.

- rotoworld

seneca wallace will be the starting qb at the start of the year, and imo dan lefevour will be his apprentice, wallace had a shit line in seattle the past couple years and when hasselbeck got hurt, he stepped in and performed just as well, he is a west coast offense qb, the seahawks are my nfc team i watch so ive seen him a lot and i think he will surprise a lot of you doubters

i hope what you're say comes true. i think our offensive line should be better this year so that should go a long way in making it easier for whoever the starter is. why do you think lefevour will be the guy? just curious.

who wouldnt want the guy for a 5th or 6th pick

I can't believe I'm about to admit this, but I think I just got a chubby watching that...........

Seneca Wallace thinks he'll be the Browns' starter

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 10, 2010 8:54 AM ET

In seven seasons with the Seattle Seahawks, Seneca Wallace was never the starting quarterback unless Matt Hasselbeck was hurt.

But now that his old Seahawks coach, Mike Holmgren, has brought him to Cleveland, Wallace believes that he'll finally be a No. 1 quarterback.

Asked in a radio interview Tuesday if he thinks Holmgren brought him to Cleveland to start, Wallace said, "Yeah, that's the way. I'm coming in with a lot of confidence and trying to come in and spark the team a little bit. It's time to kind of start fresh."

Wallace stopped short of saying Holmgren or Browns coach Eric Mangini has told him he's the starter, but he indicated that he feels confident in his chances to start based on his conversations with Holmgren.

"We talked about some good things," Wallace said. "Like I said, I'm excited to be going there. That's all I can say. You've got to wait and see what happens."

As it stands, Wallace's competition for the starting job is Brady Quinn. It remains to be seen whether Holmgren will bring in any other quarterbacks to compete for the starting job.

In his career, Wallace has started 14 games and completed 333 of 556 passes for 3,547 yards, with 25 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.

for a 5th or 6th rd pick you guys just got a steal.

As I posted on another thread about wallace, he may not be a super-star starter but he's solid. He keeps his cool. Not only has he been a solid back-up in seattle, the guy is smart. Not some idiot that's going to mouth off to the media or have off-field issues. Sure he's made some mistakes in games but that's going to happen off the bench, especially with the lack of support in the form of a decent line the seahawks have had.

When hasselbeck was down wallace played with a tweaked groin and that limited his usually stellar ability to scramble; he still played fairly well in those games despite his biggest asset being taken away from him.

I've never been a browns fan (not a hater just never a fan) but you can bet if he makes it as your starter I'll be watching every week. Seneca is FUN to watch. And he can play receiver as well so look for him to have a lot of fun back there with Cribbs.

If i were you guys, I'd be excited. I always thought when hasselbeck was done here, Seneca would get his chance to prove something, and it sucks that he won't get that chance here in seattle but more power to him being a starter.

I saw your QB's play last year, so anyone already saying he can't cut it should give him a shot first.

What a joke of a trade this is!! Go from bad to awful!!! I like Holmgren coming in, BUT what is with these coaches and GM's that are "homers" for players they use to coach??

Really?? Seneca Wallace?? I think Ratcliff is better than him. I am so over this QB situation. Let Quinn start the season and let him see what he can do for the 1st 6 or 7 games. This merry-go-round of QB's is a joke!!

What a joke of a trade this is!! Go from bad to awful!!! I like Holmgren coming in, BUT what is with these coaches and GM's that are "homers" for players they use to coach??

Really?? Seneca Wallace?? I think Ratcliff is better than him. I am so over this QB situation. Let Quinn start the season and let him see what he can do for the 1st 6 or 7 games. This merry-go-round of QB's is a joke!!

So. we give Quinn 6 or 7 games to stink and then switch QBs because "This merry-go-round of QB's is a joke!!"........?????

What a joke of a trade this is!! Go from bad to awful!!! I like Holmgren coming in, BUT what is with these coaches and GM's that are "homers" for players they use

for that matter, whats with the fans that display the same "homeristic" preferences?

who wouldnt want the guy for a 5th or 6th pick

Man, that's not a bad highlight package. Good post. Obviously it's hard to tell by just watching highlights but it seems like he is pretty effective in the red zone. He's got a farily quick release and he can fly. I wouldn't mind watching him this year if we don't find another option. He's never been "the guy". Holmgren says it's important to put all your resourses into one "guy". I'm willing to try him out. I think he could be a decent WCO QB.

So. we give Quinn 6 or 7 games to stink and then switch QBs because "This merry-go-round of QB's is a joke!!"........?????

This team isn't going anywhere any way. It's still a long way away from a superbowl. If we could get some consistency at QB, and stop rotating them out every time they have a bad game, just maybe this team would play better. I'm not a Brady "homer", but I would like to see someone in there for a definite time period. Every rookie QB takes his lump, but gets better as they get experience. How do you get better or experienced when you keep pulling the guy after 1 or 2 bad games??

for that matter, whats with the fans that display the same "homeristic" preferences?

The thing is the fans have no choice in the matter, and they just say who they want. Do you think a coach, GM, or owner actually listen to the fans?? The coach, GM, or owner usually make the final decisions on who plays and that is why I'm don't like the idea of coaches, owners, etc.. pulling in players because coached them in the past. Look at what Mangenious did bringing in all those Jet players last year. It seemed he didn't care who he already had at Cleveland, but just wanted to bring in is own guys.

Wow. What beautiful touch passes.

Right there, is why DumbAss and the Flighty Quinn are Not For Long.

Wallace can REALLY make all those throws.

THANKS for the LINK !

Good Grief! Holmgren and Heckert are not that stupid. He has not drafted a qb higher than the 3rd round, ever! I could see a reach for McCoy if he is still there in the 2nd, but definitely not Clausen.

McCoy is 6th round at best

no arm and short

Holmgren and Mangini LOVE clausen they brought in Charlie weiss to talk about him and sent out Bernie Kosar to interview clausen and they were the 1st team to interview him at the combine

McCoy is 6th round at best

no arm and short

Holmgren and Mangini LOVE clausen they brought in Charlie weiss to talk about him and sent out Bernie Kosar to interview clausen and they were the 1st team to interview him at the combine

WCO does not require a big arm (short quick passes). Even Quinn fits that bill (though I would not be inclined to give him that chance after last years garbage).

He looks pretty good in the highlight video. I figure he's sick of being the back up and is pretty hungry to make something of himself but who knows what they have in store for this guy. The only thing I know is that I dont think im going to close my eyes everytime that ball gets tossed into the air this season. On another note anyone remember the press saying no free agent is going to want to come to Cleveland?

Archived